Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Thanks for the rep. Yeah they will surely develop a romanian roster but its a matter of whether it will be ready in time for the release of the 5.0 version. In the end it won't be that hard since most of the uniform is based on the French uniforms and France will have a fully developed roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotericus View Post
    Thanks Sir. Cojocarius. Just finished working on Moldavia. I'll post some pics soon.
    Wohoo show us show us.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Ok, this is a sneak-peak for Moldavia. There are also some irregular units which I imported from Empire, which won't be here, but they'll be in the game. I've noticed there are some minor errors also (Moldavian Grenadiers - it should be named Divizionul de Asalt) . Hope you like it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

The units looks great! I especially like militia, as they remind me of the dorobanti
    Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotericus View Post
    Ok, this is a sneak-peak for Moldavia. There are also some irregular units which I imported from Empire, which won't be here, but they'll be in the game. I've noticed there are some minor errors also (Moldavian Grenadiers - it should be named Divizionul de Asalt) . Hope you like it.

Superb,doar ca mai punele pe cap cusmele nostre pupulare Thanks!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@ sonofromans Glad you liked it. I would if I could . We need a skinner for that and someone to explain me how to import items in atlas (there are some tutorials on that but I don't seem to get it).
    On the other hand, the pics I posted have been created accordingly to depictions of Moldavian army from 1830-1852 (the picture you see in info is a depiction of the time). Apparently the traditional cap - cusma was present only in the dorobant uniform.

Sotericus you deserve all the rep in the world. Those Moldavian units look great, as close as possible to the source images with the limited resources available.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thank you Wallachian. I'm trying to get around that atlas work these days. But no promises. Maybe for the next release we'll have more luck.

Here are however some new pics as I have re-worked the Grenadiers and I forgot to put the Line Inf.

Otherwise there is much work to do for the frontpage. I am putting also on prepairing a movie. And soon, soon we'll have also the mod .

I have just got myself into those atlases and yes ! It works, from now on the sky is the limit. Unfortunately this part won't make it into the first release. Here is the first attempt. The texture is a bit spoiled as I tried to rework the Hungarian trousers. But the essential is that we can now swap between uniforms and eventually add some new insignias and so on.

Last edited by Sotericus; February 21, 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Beautiful Sotericus! The graniceri looks superb! It's unfortune that it won't make into the first release but it's nice to know that you already made some improvements for next release

Those graniceri look very nice, awesome work mate!+rep I know what you mean, that atlas has SO MANY units. You could easily make a 20 unit roster only with professional troops. Plus then you would have the already made provincial units like the Panduri. Lots of work indeed so no one would be upset if they won't all make it in the first release.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thank you guys for the kind words. Working with atlases is a taylor's work - extremely frustrating and at times enjoyable. We'll see what it may turn out...

However, today is the big day. Stay tune for the First release. HusserlTW had made a beautiful packer and launcher and deserves a lot of thanks for this. I am now uploading the files and at sometime this evening we'll have the game .

Ahh finally! Awesome job Sotericus!!
    I get warmed up as usally with my favourite scene from the indepence war

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Sotericus, everything looks awesome, I especially like the Graniceri (which could be used as early Dorobanti in Muntenia (c.1820-1840)

I'm eagerly awaiting having an excuse to install NTW again

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Ok, here it is : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524969. Go to the download link section. Please read carefully all the infos. And enjoy.
    Last edited by Sotericus; February 25, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

Hi guys I've been playing the wallachian campaign and all I can say is BRAVO! it is better than I expected. I loved the historical missions in the beginning. Sotericus, you've made a great mod! No crashes at all and good performance. Really nice to see a good mod that has taken Romania as one of the primary objects

Edit: Soon I'll be capturing Constantinople, I've tried once and got humilated But you learn from your mistakes. I'm loving that a city like Constantinople is actually hard to capture. Well atleast for me

Oh yeah and one last thing the download takes forever that is the only negative thing! And remember to start steam manually before starting the mod, made that mistake a couple of times :p otherwise it is easy to install and play!
    Last edited by Sir.Cojocarius; February 25, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mircea View Post
    Sotericus, everything looks awesome, I especially like the Graniceri (which could be used as early Dorobanti in Muntenia (c.1820-1840)

I'm eagerly awaiting having an excuse to install NTW again
    Mircea you just got that excuse Wasn't expecting this so quickly, fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Cojocarius View Post
    Hi guys I've been playing the wallachian campaign and all I can say is BRAVO! it is better than I expected. I loved the historical missions in the beginning. Sotericus, you've made a great mod! No crashes at all and good performance. Really nice to see a good mod that has taken Romania as one of the primary objects

Edit: Soon I'll be capturing Constantinople, I've tried once and got humilated But you learn from your mistakes. I'm loving that a city like Constantinople is actually hard to capture. Well atleast for me

Oh yeah and one last thing the download takes forever that is the only negative thing! And remember to start steam manually before starting the mod, made that mistake a couple of times :p otherwise it is easy to install and play!
    Can you please post some screenshots if you can, my napoleon is updating so it may be a while till i get to play!
    Last edited by Wallachian; February 25, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thanks a lot and I'm happy that the game works as it should. I would advise you to play for a challenging experience on Normal/Very Hard. @Sir Cojocarius - Don't go to the wolf's lair before you are prepared properly. These days I'll upload it to gamefront too even if takes ages to upload with the Internet provider I have here. And a last news... apparently we'll have a DarthMod version soon also. Maybe we'll find each other on steam next week end and get into a MP.

Cheers,

and one last thing - if it ever crashes before a battle (though it should not), please reload and note the units you have.

Enjoy.

Can you please post some screenshots if you can, my napoleon is updating so it may be a while till i get to play! Ofc!

The major factions have noticed that Wallachia is getting stronger. And had declared war at me. While Tudor din Vladimiri was on campaign in the Balkans, the austrians launched an attack on Bucharest.

I took alot of prnt screens of the siege but now I don't seem to be able to find them..

Edit: Don't say you have to open each picture with paint first!?!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

For the screenshots on your machine try C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\...\760\remote or at the other path where you have your game. Normally after each session steam would give you the option of uploading them on the steam page. Check also your steam library. This shoul make it easier to publish them.

Edit : Added also a link to gamefront. So now you may download the mod there, too.
    Last edited by Sotericus; February 26, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks Sotericus but I don't seem to find the pictures. Checked like you said but they are probably gone. How bad that pictures just don't save i a map..

Btw great mod again

Im going crazy my Napoleon update is only at 24% and its been going for hours Any news on the video and the front page announcement?