Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

No, unfortunately I believe the game engine does not allow any such union.

The greek units of 1821-1848 are described in the file i uploaded.Info comes mainly from greek general staff website.Maybe i'll be able to make textures or even models for some of them(ETW) in the coming weeks if you like.The greek units should be based on the early "democratic" era of the state.

I suggest:
    1.Artillery, navy and regular units to be available for revolutionary armies much later in the game.
    2.Keep reasonable size and quality of revolting armies of greece.
    3.Ottoman ''westernized'' armies to appear later in the game.
    4.Limited funds for revolutionry countries.Greece relied on irregulars and the population most of the time.
    5.Stats of units should be similar to other stats of more advanced nations.

I also have many pcs for loading screens and portraits with greek theme.
    Hope i was helpfull.Can't wait for release!

why not adding Greeks?
    "War is the mother of everything."
    -Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (535-475BC)

Great stuff KKB5, hopefully Sotericus will return soon and be able to use your stuff. Greece units in this mod are not the vanilla ones, they area actually from the Greek mod made by HusserlTW which has all modern Greek army units starting from the Revolution to the arrival of the Bavarian King.

What do you mean Gastrilis? Greece is in the mod.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@KKB5

Brilliant +rep. I see what I can do at this stage, but I will definitely give it a try in order to add new units and/or to refine existing ones.

@Gastrillis

Greece will be in the mod.

@Wallachian
    Starting this week I am officially back into modding. KKB5's ideas certainly gave a new impetus to this mod. Hopefully we'll be able to finish a first release once the Greek rooster will be re-worked.

I'll keep you all up to date any day now with the work in progress.

Cheers.

Great news. And sorry about the delay in the Napolitan mission descriptions. There's a lot of big things happening in Tsardoms so had a lot of work there plus real life. But I will do them and send them to you as soon as I spare a bit of time.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hi guys. Before starting to re-work Greece, I have some questions. The game starts in late April 1821. Owing to game engine limitations and to my limited modding skills I cannot represent the multiple factions involved in the Greek revolution.

As such, would it be accurate to set Theodoros Kokolotronis as the 'faction leader' and the general of the Greek Army in the Peninsula?
    Which form of government would describe best Greek leadership during 1821 and 1832?

Cheers,

During Greek revolution 1821-1827 there is not a government. The First Revolutionary National Assembly decided (1822), elected Alexandros Maurokordatos as president of the temporary "government". The principals of the first constitution were republican inspired from the American one.

The first official ruler 1829-1931 was a temporary governor (Ioannis Kapodidstrias) until the Great Powers decide for the Greek Monarch. First royal family was Βavarian and the 1st King was Otto I.

The decision is yours...

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thanks a lot Husserl for the useful info. I think I'll go for Alexandros Maurokordatos and republic. For the time being I'm trying to work a variant of line infantry.

Has anybody some knowledge of a unit in ETW or NTW which accurately reproduces the 'foustanella' except for Danova's albanian warband, or at least the 'fez'?

Cheers.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Here is my first attempt for the Greek roster. For the time being is the best I could do in approaching the 'fustanella' line infantry. I used French_Egypt_Militia, and French_Egypt_Chasseurs.

You should use my Royal Phalanx. Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...94#post6571694 you can find the historical units of this period. Irregulars where used during revolution (1821-1827, but not with these names) and regulars after the independence. About the names, famous warriors of the time where Souliotes and Maniates. Also you can use Kolokotronis Regiment, Karaiskakis Regiment and Androutsos Regiment.

Last edited by husserlTW; November 26, 2011 at 07:58 AM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Great idea, Husserl and many thanks. I have updated the front page. Hopefully soon all the work will be done. By 1st of december I hope to be able to post a trailer.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I just had to say this, although your mod looks great, please refrain from using ETW models as they look ugly next to NTW variant-based models. It would make your mod looks a whole lot better.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

I fully agree with you upon the esthetic outcomes of using ETW models. With some exceptions worth noting (such as Haidut irregs and Bosnian Panduks), the overwhelming majority of ETW models once brought in NTW look less nice, to say the least. However, there are some limitations which prompted me to use them. First of all, I have no 'skinning' experience and some of the models I needed were there. Then, I really needed some 'irregular', 'half-eastern/half-western' units that NTW doesn't really provide. Too make a long story short, for the second release I hope to deal with this issue. But until then I think we just have to live with it, unless the helping hand of a skinner/modeler would show .

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

New unit added to Greek Roster - Maniot Militia.

Great stuff Sotericus. I just have a question. What is the difference between the units of HusserITW's Greek mod and the ones you made? Are the ones from the Greek mod not historically accurate?

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thanks, Wallachian. A great deal of the units in the Greek mod are historically accurate (in the mod's description, HusserlTW indicates which are and which are not). I wanted, however, to change the roster as to adapt it to the time framework our campaign is set, that is 1821-1831. For instance, the Royal Phalanx really existed as a unit in Greek army starting with 1832, but we are ten years before - at a time when it wasn't quite sure what will become of Greece. For units such as 'armatoloi' I've just changed the name, according to KKB5's indication. Others, as Maniot Militia and Klephtes, are completely new, with respect to the same logic of reconstructing the 1821-1831 timeline. The light infantry, Typiko Peziko, is just a variation on the theme of Greek 'flavour' military.

I will add these days another type of populace, the jager, the renewed Lonchophoroi and the artillery.
    Later, this evening I'll be back with a movie I made as a teaser for the Wallachian faction.
    This week-end I'll re-work the battle and recruitment systems and dedicate myself to 'visuals'. In order to re-work the recruitement I will need some data on the military strength of the Majors of the time.
    Let me know when the Naples texts will be done.
    When this part will be over, we should pack everything and prepare for a release.

Cheers,

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Added video on front page. Otherwise, you can find it here.

Awsome! Hats off!

it would be awseome if it will pe possible to unify the Principality of Moldova and the Principality of Wallachia for creating Romania...