Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Re: Update

Changing the Tabardariyya to Early Professional would solve a lot of problems - there'd be only 120 men per unit and they'd only come around every 9 turns or so. The palace didn't need THAT many guards. If that's what they were, they should the Egyptian version of the Varangians.

Did you check out Tears of Destiny 1370 submod? It is still WIP but likely to be completed with much more historical accuracy than the 1450 which was nice to have to access later units but was really a very basic port of early campaigns.
    Ah yes, it looks good, but you know a campaign in the hand is worth two in the bush! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Changing the Tabardariyya to Early Professional would solve a lot of problems - there'd be only 120 men per unit and they'd only come around every 9 turns or so. The palace didn't need THAT many guards. If that's what they were, they should the Egyptian version of the Varangians.
    Yes sounds very good, maybe make them recruitable in a similar manner to Varangians as well. That way they could stay as Elite since their numbers would be way reduced.
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 02, 2011 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    That's great PB!
    And just one more time to ease my mind.....................
    Will there be any changes to the units?
    If there are, they will only be very minor.

Another change: Ghulam infantry to be available to Turks earlier.
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 01, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

michell's Avatar Tiro

Hi
    Can you remove this fatal hungarian skins and back to old one's? Hungarian knights looks like members of motor gang

The intention is to do Magyar Mod at some point. After I get this next update out, and it fits in as well as possible with 6.4, then it will be time to start adding in some roster mods, with Magyar Mod top of the list.

The Magyar Mod units look superb, and make Hungary more fun to play. I usually add them in myself, but then any time another submod or update comes out, it breaks my game. It will be great to see them in RR/RC.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yeah I know, its been a plan for a loooong time. Honestly I don't really see a future for this mod apart from 6.4, as I said I would like to achieve as much commonality with 6.4 as possible...
    I wonder if this is a hint about you focusing more on TATW in the future.

I hope that commonality doesn't include being able to build huge cities everywhere and taking 5000 turns to make a citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I hope that commonality doesn't include being able to build huge cities everywhere and taking 5000 turns to make a citadel.
    Nope it doesn't

PB when can you release the submod that is compatible with 6.4? *waiting*

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Probably when it's done.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Probably when it's done.
    Precisely

I tend to mod in bursts - when I have spare time I can get a lot done, but my time is quite limited.

In other news, in Late Campaign the Sicily faction will not exist, its regions will be part of the HRE.

Many MANY small changes and updates to RC.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

THat sounds interesting. Would make an OP HRE maybe?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

they die within 150 turns, so this will be a good thing

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

If you're going to incorporate the Magyar Mod you might also want to change Hungary's faction colors to something less...let's say "Fruity".

I changed it to be dark brown for the primary and dark green for the secondary, I think it fits them nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    I changed it to be dark brown for the primary and dark green for the secondary, I think it fits them nicely.
    Or, use their historically accurate colors, which fits them even nicer than a random brown and green. Look at the Magyar Mod's campaign map display, it looks much better than the salmon vomit CA implemented.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382634

Look at the Strat Map before and after. These are the colors I currently use in my campaign.

Also, for the Turks I've implemented the Ottoman colors (which are near exact opposites of the Magyar Mod's Hungarian colors). Much better than that light green and yellow, bleh. Inaccurate AND ugly.

I'd also suggest changing France's nasty light blue to a nicer shade of royal blue more common to the flags with the fleur de lis. I don't think they called it royal blue for nothing; this color fits
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Sounds great Smitty can you post your changes?

France's colour looks great, but let's see your proposed one.

I would like to see the colors, too!

When "eliminate HRE" is a part of win conditions, I never take it seriously. HRE dies off without any help from me.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.