Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Re: Update

The 6.3 map is good. With the relocated resources.

So you are making this 6.3 compatible or 6.3 is ahving a patch that incorparates these changes?

Either way would be good I think. I would really like to get this in my 6.3 games.

I'm happy to say I have almost completed the files that merge 6.3 with this compilation mod

WOOHOOOO!!!! That is great news PB!!! You're the best!!!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I'm happy to say I have almost completed the files that merge 6.3 with this compilation mod
    Well done Sir.

I'm still modding the new BGR in an old version of RR compilation. Are there many differences in unit and settlement names between your new 6.3 version and the RR Compilation one I'm using (2 to 3 updates back)? The answer would tell me if I have much work to do on conversion.
    Last edited by Byg; December 11, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I'm looking forward too trying this out with 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Well done Sir.

I'm still modding the new BGR in an old version of RR compilation. Are there many differences in unit and settlement names between your new 6.3 version and the RR Compilation one I'm using (2 to 3 updates back)? The answer would tell me if I have much work to do on conversion.
    That's one of the things I still have left to do, will let you know soon. I'd say very few differences in unit names, though seems quite a few settlement names have been changed. Gracul has done a great job of working everything in, I suspect there will be very little to do
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 11, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Well, concerning EDU i think there were no changes compared to the RR\RC version i had on my comp.
    Concerning EDB, most of the "RR\RC" stuff were moved in, along with my updates.

As for the region name changes, all of them were just "simplified", ie. If the city is named "Iraklion", the province shall be "Iraklion_Province" and not "Isle_of_Crete"... if the City is Bulgar, we will have Bulgar_Province and not Volga-Bulgar_Province.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Ok, also will RRCompilation be a mod for 6.3, so people slect it in 6.3 or, as you seem to suggest, will RRCompilation be an independent, self-contained download?

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

PB had a lot of his flavour inside his RR\RC compilation, so i guess it would be hard to make it just selectable
    The core of RR\RC is however inside 6.3 already (unit animations, EDU, EDB recruitment and modeldb - nearly everything related to units on the battlemap/stratmap was unchanged from RR\RC!), but then i always though that PB wanted to achieve a more 'dark' feel to the game. I did a lot of work on many files, provided new scripts, fixed bugs etc, but like half of improvements of 6.3 lie within RR\RC and PB's work.

One of these days, Point Blank, BYG, Gracul and anyone else involved --- Could someone please break down what the relationship between Stainless Steel & BGR & RR/RC & the RR/RC Compilation is.
    I would love to translate this into a easy to understand explanation one day and put it on my site.

How many of the submods do you plan to add to the Unit Projects page?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    How many of the submods do you plan to add to the Unit Projects page?
    Right now, just Point Blank's.
    I'm not sure what sub-mods are included though. I'm also under the impression that Stainless Steel 6.3 uses almost all the same units. I'm sure one day that I will break it down and perhaps "separate" the different sub-mods already included, but right now, my plate's full with just RR/RC.
    One of my latest posts in this thread gives my explanation.

You should add RW's Historical Roster Revision mod

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

It's still WIP so there's no need, i'll make a competible version to new RR/RC when PB releases
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    Right now, just Point Blank's.
    I'm not sure what sub-mods are included though. I'm also under the impression that Stainless Steel 6.3 uses almost all the same units. I'm sure one day that I will break it down and perhaps "separate" the different sub-mods already included, but right now, my plate's full with just RR/RC.
    One of my latest posts in this thread gives my explanation.
    Phil I'm just shifting all the present RR/RC units over to 6.3 (except removed Sherwood Foresters and replaced them with Late Lithuanian Bodyguard), and the differences between the 2 unit sets are really very minimal, as gracul says.

On the whole I'm aiming for as few changes to 6.3 as possible. Mostly as follows:
    -minor animation updates
    -minor BAI updates, mostly just some skirmish distance differences
    -some new cursors (easy to remove if people don't like)
    -additional loading screens as included in RR/RC
    -maybe some new strat models, I have to check whether 6.3 or RR/RC has the latest ones
    -couple of added buildings, eg River Ports
    -MTW unit portraits, also easy to remove if people don't like
    -updated grass removes some of the big flowers from the BETTER GRASS mod
    -added MTW Frontend music to music, the original 6.3 Frontend music stays also so it alternates. This is the only addition I made to 6.3 music, otherwise it is totally unchanged
    -some text changes
    -some updated models
    -Lithuanian updates from Teutonic Crusade mod (I have yet to obtain permission for this)
    -cedric37's latest UI's
    -considering adding in Broken Sword with permission
    -maybe 1450 campaign, yes I know its (massively) unhistorical

Also, here is the August 13 2010 update list, I think some of these maybe didn't make it to 6.3:

AUGUST 13 UPDATE LIST
    -Latest Germanicu5 BattleAI
    -Peasants are updated thanks to AWellesley's new models (early peasants have 2H crude weapons, later peasants have simple polearms), late peasants become available after about 1220
    -Seether's Alberi di Famiglia Regal v1.01 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=alberto) is fully integrated (including new faction starting funds and updated King's Purses)
    -HRE has taken over Sicily in Late Campaign
    -Mongol and Timurid economy allows for them to expand much more powerfully
    -a number of stat fixes and updates
    -France has French Archers
    -new Mongol/Timurid icons by merlinuscdxx
    -Fair Prince's text updates
    -totally revised AI siege code to (hopefully) avoid CTD's some people are having
    -era-dependent garrison script (code adapted from Tsarsies)
    -updated Mongol and Timurid army composition and invasion scripts
    -Rozanov's script to destroy unused crusade units
    -Adana rebel garrison removed in Late Era
    -borders returned to minimap, but you can substitute descr_sm_factions_NO_BORDERS by romy instead if you prefer
    -other problems described in other threads fixed if possible
    -Cumans in Wallachia in early campaign buffed
    -most economies adjusted
    -some campaign script issues fixed
    -David.Coole's STRATWATER added
    -further stat updates
    -some Ghazis available in Anatolia even without a crusade
    -religious conversion slowed

Please note that I just copy/pasted this list in from Aug13 thread, and that some of these will be unnecessary with 6.3 so will not make it in. I note in particular that the economy system is very different from 6.3 in RR/RC, not sure how to approach this, maybe make RR/RC economy system as optional? There is also the Carl ecomomy system that looks interesting.
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 14, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

[QUOTE=Point Blank;8605575]David I'm just shifting all the present RR/RC units over to 6.3 (except removed Sherwood Foresters and replaced them with Late Lithuanian Bodyguard), but the differences between the 2 unit sets are really very minimal, as gracul says.

On the whole I'm aiming for as few changes to 6.3 as possible. Mostly as follows:
    -minor animation updates
    -minor BAI updates, mostly just some skirmish distance differences
    -some new cursors (easy to remove if people don't like)
    -additional loading screens as included in RR/RC
    -maybe some new strat models, I have to check whether 6.3 or RR/RC has the latest ones
    -couple of added buildings, eg River Ports
    -MTW unit portraits, also easy to remove if people don't like
    -updated grass removes some of the big flowers from the BETTER GRASS mod
    -added MTW Frontend music to music, the original 6.3 Frontend music stays also so it alternates. This is the only addition I made to 6.3 music, otherwise it is totally unchanged
    -some text changes
    -some updated models
    -Lithuanian updates from Teutonic Crusade mod (I have yet to obtain permission for this)
    -cedric37's latest UI's

River ports's already in 6.3 I thought... at least it's in MSC... or do you mean a few more level of them which would be just what i need

Thank GOD your removing those crazy flowers

What Animation changes are you making exactly
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I think they include warman222's new death anims, MTW2_Fast_Halberd_Secondary type and you'll be happy to know 2H Spear, plus maybe a few frame rate adjustments.

I think 6.3 has River_Access, and RR/RC has 2 buildable levels of river ports - either appraoch seems OK, I like the idea of River Access too, not sure which one I'll go with. Maybe even both, River Access for the population growth bonus, and River Ports for the trade bonus?
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 14, 2010 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I think they include warman222's new death anims, MTW2_Fast_Halberd_Secondary type and you'll be happy to know 2H Spear, plus maybe a few frame rate adjustments.

I think 6.3 has River_Access, and RR/RC has 2 buildable levels of river ports - either appraoch seems OK, I like the idea of River Access too, not sure which one I'll go with. Maybe even both, River Access for the population growth bonus, and River Ports for the trade bonus?
    or maybe just have both? not all settlements had (navigatble) rivers after all, in my own modding i'm essentially spliting river resource to two tier.. river and large_river .. since there's considerable difference between the potential of the river port of Baghdad to the river port of ..... oh let's Vilnius. and obviously there's the problem of some areas having ports but also deserve a river port... but if they can also build a large river port that probably be rather imbal.

and hurrah for 2h Spear

So will you update the PDF in the realease ?
    Last edited by RollingWave; December 14, 2010 at 03:24 AM.