Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Update

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Update

fantastic news!

Im looking forward to this mod

So how is the new update going? Any idea when it will be released?

Regards

Well I'm just adding tweaks right now. I just downloaded 6.3 so will see what sort of commonality there is with that, eg the new 6.3 map works fine. Adding in Magyar Mod would be good.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice to hear that RR is still being updated PB.

Forgive me but I'm still a little unclear as to what version of SS the next update will be for. Is it for 6.1 (with the RR/RC compilation) or 6.3? I think it's for 6.1 but I just want to make sure so I know what version I need installed .

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't think PB has determined that yet.

Short question: Will the mini-mod "broken sword" (units from Broken Crescent) be implemented in next update for SS 6.3 RC/RR?

If PB doesn't implement Broken Sword directly with the update, I am willing to update the Broken Sword mod to suit the update. I probably would still require that the textures be copied from a Broken Crescent installation by the user, but maybe we can look into uploading the required textures. The idea that with one download you could get the updated RRRC with Broken Sword AND Magyar Mod adaptation, however, is exciting enough to make direct implementation look like a very good idea, unless there are many people who would not like to have the aforementioned texture improvements. It is definitely a possibility to keep under consideration.

Curious to see what you do with 6.3- if there is a new 6.3.1 or something coming out maybe save your energy or at least talking with people working on that to see where to aim. Some interesting ideas going around right now. Rolling Wave making some changes that at least sound pretty good in many ways though have to see them all put together at the same time to really evaluate, then also Roznov map changes which I particularly hoping work out well though I'm also curious what map changes are done to accommodate a new Georgia faction.

Biggest things I can see adding to new RC would be the 2handed spear units Rolling Wave playing with and more terrain/stamina/heat fatigue effects for more units.

Are there separate effects for heat and desert? Because then there should be separate effects for cold and snow. Just as Danes would suffer in the desert, Moors should suffer in Scandinavia.

Well, other big things would be BC units, Magyar units, the removal of fantasy units (Sherwood, Battlefield Assassins), and a more realistic CS roster.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Are there separate effects for heat and desert? Because then there should be separate effects for cold and snow. Just as Danes would suffer in the desert, Moors should suffer in Scandinavia.

Well, other big things would be BC units, Magyar units, the removal of fantasy units (Sherwood, Battlefield Assassins), and a more realistic CS roster.
    why should they really suffer that much if it's summer though?

for grounds effect though, generally there's only 4 setting, scrubes / desert / woods / snow , as a whole most scandanavian troops have a bigger advantage in woods as well as snow relative to moorish troops (though baltic troops like lithuanian tend to have the best tree bonuses)
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I meant in the winter; I forgot to write it.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

The first batch of 1100 map changes are with CC for some final adjustments.
    I have a version working with a version of SS6.3, but it's not quite ready for release.

What map changes?

Hey PB,

if you plan to implement new or better looking units in your next update, PLZ try to get permission to use some units from "Deus Lo Vult" - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309 - some of their units even look much better than the awesome units of "Bellum Crucis"...!!!!

So what is the progress like on the new update? just curious as there ha snot been much information on it for a while now. Thanks!

Do you remember about the effect of curiosity on various house animals?

I just (finally) downloaded 6.3. I am mostly considering providing an update to 6.3 that will add in the updates to RC/RR. Gracul has done a great job, also the differences between RC/RR and 6.3 are not so much
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 28, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I think it would be a great idea to synch the two versions up. Especially if it isn't as big a job as you thought

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Are you still going to implement the Magyar Mod units to the Hungarian roster? or is that plan for the future?