Thread: Odd bug...

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Default Odd bug...

Hello,

This is a very small, but rather annoying bug I've found. I've found that for some reason, every single faction has Roman images in their scrolls. For example, in the end of turn report, instead of seeing Carthaginian men standing round the table, you see Romans. At the battle start screen, you see roman soldiers preparing for battle.

I assume it's just the case that one of my files is a little messed up. Any ideas how I can correct this?

Here's an example in case I didn't explain it very well :-)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=361460

Notice the Roman soldier? ;-)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Taelok; December 21, 2005 at 06:35 AM.

Have you ever touch the Data file or perhaps you got some mod installed cause I highly doutb i'll be like that from vanilla files. Well anyways, I don't really have a good idea on whats going on due to lack of info and my limited modding skills. Maybe someone from our mod community would help you out

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Yeah, it's been modded. I've got Mundus Magnus working for patch 1.5, but this odd bug happens. SO...

Very interesting. I didn't experience the problem. Did you mod anything other than what I emailed to you?

MM I emailed to you only modifies rebel factions, so it probably shouldn't affect anything else, but I'll confirm it.

[edited] I couldn't find the bug you mentioned... did you edit descr_sm_factions.txt file?
    Last edited by leeho730; December 20, 2005 at 08:39 AM.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I think I may have, should I replace it?

Here's an example in case I didn't explain it very well :-)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=361460

Notice the Roman soldier? ;-)
    Last edited by Taelok; December 21, 2005 at 06:36 AM.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Also interesting to note a few more things. In the city view, you can see citizens of *all* factions wandering around. I was looking at Arretium (sp?) and could see Egyptians, Barbarians, Romans etc wandering around the city.

I'm playing on Mundus Magnus and it's interesting to see that Naval activity is close to none, in 1.5. The Brutii have one province in the east, and have done nothing since. The Scipii have messana, but just build stacks and leave them in Italy. Very odd...