Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITW Recruiting

Default ITW Recruiting

Ave people

We will need people for the next ITW version (2.0). Especially we need people with experience. We will need people to:

-Make polybian romans (and early marian romans)
    -Make Carthaginians (This faction will be remake)
    -Make Greek Colonies (The units remaining)
    -Make Unit Cards and Info Pics.
    -The volunteers of the Roman, Carthaginian and Greek faction will also need some historical help. So we will need some historians to help the volunteers.

If you want to help. This is your post.

Greetings and thanks!!

I must add to the post of Viriato, that these other people would be also welcome:

- Coders and scripters: better with experience in modding traits and ancillaries, and/or in scripts (background scripts, advice scripts).

- Translators to other languages: I'm thinking in Italian, German, French or any other language with potential players.

- Mappers: I'm planning to improve and/or substitute the campaign map for ITW 2.0, making it more realistic, with regard to terrain, mountains, rivers, etc.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
    - Translators to other languages: I'm thinking in Italian, German, French or any other language with potential players.
    Yes, an Italian translator would be particularly useful. I wouldn't mind being able to consult someone who knows Italian, especially if he or she knows the history of Italy well.

I might know someone who can have a look at the French - I shall ask him if he is interested. I was thinking about other language versions as well as it happens!

If I can help in some thing, tell it to me!
    (Sorry, my english is indian: haw!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmipoka
    If I can help in some thing, tell it to me!
    (Sorry, my english is indian: haw!!)
    Don't worry Karmipoka, you will have more work than you want. :laughing: :laughing:

@Ambrosius
    Yeah, that would be great.
    Mon français est même pire que mon anglais, et je ne peux pas penser à traduir tout le mod.
    Und ich habe vergessen alles Deutsch ich gelernt hatte. (or something like that) :laughing: :laughing:

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

I could always help with translation to swedish or latvian.

Although I doub't the demand is that great.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Oh, looks like I'm Italian...just Pm me if you are interested in a translator

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Just a question, why don't you ask for permission of using some carthage/roman/greek skins/models packs like "Modding Legions" instead of redoing quite the same models and probably waste time ?
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

Quote Originally Posted by Narakir
    Just a question, why don't you ask for permission of using some carthage/roman/greek skins/models packs like "Modding Legions" instead of redoing quite the same models and probably waste time ?
    This is actually a good point. I am sure someone would give us permission to use their skin and model packs.

The gallic factions are in need of a reskin, and it would be nice to have them looking good, in spite of the fact that in some future version one or both of them might be taken out. Also it would give Viriato a break, which I am sure he would appreciate!

Thanks ambrosius.

And where could I have roman packs? (From the polybian times and marius early army) I've localized a carthaginian pack.

Viriato, there are loads of them in the downloads section. You just have to approach whoever made them in order to ask permission to use them. Most people I am sure would be kind enought to allow other mods to use them as long as due credit was given.

Go here.

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db...mods&cat_id=24

Also, Viriato, is it you that is making the missing info pictures for the units? If you do have a Carthaginian reskin already perhaps a patch could feature new skins/models, info pictures and some bug fixes.

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

For romans I recomand you the modding legion pack here.
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

I dont mind helping out i can do scripts and editing text files and such like however im new and dont have to much experience but have already created a background script for crusader total war
    Rock!?!?!

Hi all.
    I would realy like to help you with Iberia TW, but i can't mod. Hope you will find great new members.
    Last edited by Liero; December 21, 2005 at 01:31 PM.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Narakir
    For romans I recomand you the modding legion pack here.
    I checked the pics of these skins and I agree with Narakir. They are good.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fox
    I dont mind helping out i can do scripts and editing text files and such like however im new and dont have to much experience but have already created a background script for crusader total war
    This is really interesting.
    I have some ideas for show_me scripts of the same type as that which is not apparent (error in export_descr_advice) but it is in the mod.
    In summary the scripts would be designed to force diplomacy depending on the situation in the campaign map.
    In the script about Sicily, the control of the whole island by one of the two powers, Greeks or Carthaginians, is seen by the Romans as a potential danger, as they have plans to control Sicily. Then, immediately the Romans declare war to that power.

I'd like to apply this method to all the factions in different parts of the map according to historical facts or attitudes.

I will discuss with you the possibilities later , just in case you want to try the triggers and the scripts in the current version of ITW.

Hey if you need any help modding unit stats, descriptions, names, cards or anything similar let me know. I have past experience modding for RTR here:

http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//...showtopic=5612
    http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//...showtopic=4540
    http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//...showtopic=6276

Quote Originally Posted by Ano2
    Hey if you need any help modding unit stats, descriptions, names, cards or anything similar let me know.
    I am sure that if you wanted to do unit cards and info pictures (those that should appear next to the unit descriptions instead of that boring grey guy with the potato peeler) you would have more than enough work. These really need doing, so unless someone else is working on it I am sure Monkwarrior would give you a job doing those. Not very interesting work, but jolly useful for the mod.

I've already been given another job but I will try and have a whack at unit cards as well (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Ano2
    I've already been given another job but I will try and have a whack at unit cards as well (Y)
    What other job are you doing Ano? Don't do any unit cards/infor pics until Monkwarrior tells you which ones, because some of them have been done so I don't want you to waste your efforts. Nice to have you on board anyway!
    Last edited by AmbrosiusAurelianus; December 23, 2005 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast