Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headless Chicken lived for 18 Months...

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Headless Chicken lived for 18 Months...

I, too, am surprized, amazed, and even frightened. Only one word can suffice: WTF.
    http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/story.html

solid's Avatar Civitate

I've read about this a little ago to. But the fact is that the chicken wasn't completly decapitated. The lower part of his brain was still on his body. There was a site with the how and why about this. Can't remember the name though.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Weird. That is just biazzare.

This whole forum is strange. Science is freaky.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

I've read about this a little ago to. But the fact is that the chicken wasn't completly decapitated. The lower part of his brain was still on his body. There was a site with the how and why about this.
    Even so, it's strange and not a little scary too...now imagine a headless human!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Creepy indeed. But these chickens can endure a lot. I remember when my dad once beheaded one of our chickens. The chicken fled on the roof and sat there for 10 minutes!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

how........do u cut the head off, but leave the brain stem and an ear on............man thats quite a miss, must be really bad at hittin something w/ an axe thats 3 inches in front of him
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    Creepy indeed. But these chickens can endure a lot. I remember when my dad once beheaded one of our chickens. The chicken fled on the roof and sat there for 10 minutes!
    Beheaded? Completely? That cannot be possible. What state has the head in?

Mutilate an animal, then see how many bucks you make can out of it by putting in exhibition.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Isn't that abusive towards your fellow living creatures and a cheap and disgusting way to make a buck?

Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous
    Beheaded? Completely? That cannot be possible. What state has the head in?
    The axe was fairly blunt.

The chicken eventually dropped dead. I suppose this is normal behaviour. Oh yea, this was the first and last time we beheaded one of our chickens. :laughing:

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    The axe was fairly blunt.

The chicken eventually dropped dead. I suppose this is normal behaviour. Oh yea, this was the first and last time we beheaded one of our chickens. :laughing:
    Does your father deliberately choose the blunter weapons when he decides to kill animals? If so, that's pretty cool. You should smashing their skulls with a mace.
    Last edited by Cluny the Scourge; December 24, 2005 at 11:09 AM.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge
    Does your father deliberately choose the blunter weapons when he decides to kill animals? If so, that's pretty cool. You should smashing their skulls with a mace.
    No, he did not. The chicken was old anyway, we found out the axe was blund when we saw the head of the chickens wasn't being chopped of, rather it was being pushed in the ground.

But please: do not think we abuse animals.

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

ANIMAL ABUSER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna sick PETA on your ass.

I would feel sick and disgusted to keep a chicken alive with no head. I know, i have seen headless chicken running away in real, but to keep him alive like that is torture. I would have killed the chicken somehow, I couldn't watch it for minutes- let alone 18 months - to stay alive like that.

That chicken will haunt my dreams. BUt seriously, Wow 18 months.

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    I would feel sick and disgusted to keep a chicken alive with no head. I know, i have seen headless chicken running away in real, but to keep him alive like that is torture. I would have killed the chicken somehow, I couldn't watch it for minutes- let alone 18 months - to stay alive like that.
    How is it torture when they can't feel a thing?

"Where is the horse and his rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains"

There are two things in life about which we should never grumble: the first, that which we cannot change; and second, that which we can change.

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

well, it only lacked a head. I mean, who needs one? I say a healthy heart and brain stem is all any bird needs to survive! Oh, and a caretaker who doesn't let you choke

I have heard this story countless times. A more accurate title would be "Mike the headless chicken (who still had a brainstem however, just no beak, eyes, and all those other useless things a head comes with)"

This is Obviously a Fake, the Brain stem in the neck? Now I'm not an expert in chicken anatomy but the Brain Stem is at the base and Core of the brain, in the skull, it doesnt make sence to have the most important part of the brain in the neck.. it needs protection. But it is true that you can technically live with brain stem activity, but you'll loose coordination, essential hormones and its impossible to develop a blood clot when the its the brain that sends the messages for the bodies reactions against trauma.

I dont believe this..
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Did you even look at the site and it's photographs.
    Photographs.

Its also in the Guiness book of world records, so I doubt its fake.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast