Thread: [PB AAR] Britannia, an AAR

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default [PB AAR] Britannia, an AAR

Here is an After Action report, narrated by myself, of my current Romano-Briton campaign (m/m), using the pax britannia mod, and attilla reloaded's skin pack 3.0.

My Romano-British campaign has taken a turn for the worst.
    The great leader of the Romano-Britons, Castus, led his people to reclaim Britannia Inferior from the celtic barbarians of the north, ultimately bringing order to the very northern reaches of the isle, Dal Raida itself.
    Unfortunately for the roman occupiers of southern britain, the warchief Castus died in a pagan riot in Dal Raida, shortly after the Island had been unified under Roman Law and Christian faith. The celts, inspired by his death, since he was the major force in crushing their armies, sent many warbands from Hibernia to Silurii (Wales, folks), taking the city. The heir of Castus, a good general in his own right, quickly dispacted his legion to the area after the city fell, only to fall to an assassains blade. Vindex, the only surviving son of Castus, adopted a young general, and sent him to lead the now aimless forces stranded in the north. He moved into Silurii, and suffered the most embaressing military defeat Roman Forces had suffered on the island. The Romano-Britons had gone from controlling the island with an iron fist, to losing its main fighting force, and a huge source of income. Rianorix Maximus withdrew his surviving forces to Britannia Inferior, and retrained what he could of his men. Once again, under his command, the largest force of Romans was stationed in the north. The only problem was that these men were essentially militia, with no real training. Within 5 years, Britannia Inferior fell, leaving only Londinium and Dal Raida, at opposite ends of the Isle, under Roman administration. Vindex desperately dispatched a diplomat to the mainland, begging for help of any kind. What he found was chaos. The vandals had utterly rampaged across western europe, into spain, throwing into chaos northern italy, including Milan, Patavium, Ravenna, and Aquitaine. The Huns had conquered Macedon and Constantinople itself. Greece itself was under the rule of a random despot. Rome, thankfully, remains in the hands of the true emperor, though he now resides in Narbo. The Empire still controls Belgica, the region closest to Britannia Superior, and a source of trade, although the Alemanni and Lombardii have the garrison hiding behind the city walls. Hispania and Asia minor are the only bastions of Imperial Strength in the world, even then nearly overrun by Vandal heathens, and vile Persians. Dal Raida did not last long. Londinium is all that remians of the Roman presence on Britannia. The plea's for help have only been answered with indifference. A strong, well equipped milita still guards the city, but it will not be long before the Gallowglass's cut them to pieces.

Pictures will come tomorrow when I am concious. More likely, I'll restart my AAR with a new romano-brit campaign, with plenty of pics...assuming i don't throw off the yoke of the celtic invaders.

wow welcome to the suck eh
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I thinks it very good, just needs some pics, it tickles me every time I see an AAR for Pax Brittania

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Ha, lets keep in mind I am not only completely nearsighted at the time of this campaign, half concious, and literally doing turns between college essays, on top of the fact I am mixing two mods which may or may not be balanced (celts are already overpowered in PBX for gameplay reasons).

So far, I can pretty much attribute my failure to A. My mistake of building a church in dal raida (caused a massive riot killing my faction leader who had 5 stars), and B.the assassain who killed the heir the next year, leaving me with vindex, who isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box.

I also forget to mention that the saxons were invading at the very same time, breaking a trade agreement I had had for years.

393 AD, The celts have come for the last time, ready to close in for the kill. Vindex, son of Castus, and Fullofaudes Arpagius refuse to let them take the land of their father's.

Seriously outnumbered is all that can be said about the matchup. But Romans would rather fight than simply kneel over the chopping block of a barbarian!

Saboteurs! The Milites Stationarii are all that stand in the way of the horde, by the gates of Londinium...

Thankfully, the Comitati of Arpagius flanked the horde, streaming in through the front gates, causing a mass rout, defeating the meager chariots and clansman cavalry.

Three years later, the Saxons now have their sights on the Island of Britain, and bring a horde of their own.

Utilizing superior cavalry tactics, the Comitati smash the Sea Raider Cavalry, scare off the hunters, and force the general to withdraw to be amongst his troops.

The battle lines meet...if only to hold the saxons in place long enough for the cavalry to flank them...

An ill turn. Vindex the Good, King of Britannia, has fallen in a battle to the death, abandoned by his adoptive son, and his men.

The battle is lost, as is the Romano-Briton dominion.

Romans don't go down without a fight.

Things don't look good for the Roman Empire.

Thats basically everything that happened after my AAR. When I start a new campaign here with a different strategy, I'll put up a more comprehensive AAR.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Interesting AAR and nice pics makes me wanna play BI or a BI related mod.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Quote Originally Posted by Maethius
    Interesting AAR and nice pics makes me wanna play BI or a BI related mod.
    Yeah, actually losing a campaign is exciting for me
    This is a mix of mods though. I had to edit the wolfhound files out, since they cause a crash and ruined an earlier campaign...