Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

Default Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

Update: This submod pack is no longer being supported. I refer you to my recommended submod pack for EB, prepared by Jirisys. You may find it at jebmmp.jorellaf.com.
    Last edited by mamik_yev_konak; February 18, 2023 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Update link
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Default Re: Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

thanks man downloading immediately

Marcus Agrippa Vipsanius's Avatar TRIBVNVS PLEBIS

hi Vartan my friends , congratulations for your work ........downloading immediately

Marcus Agrippa Vipsanius's Avatar TRIBVNVS PLEBIS

I took the liberty to change for you the eb config.xml to make your life simply and run it directly from the engine alexander

file link : http://www.mediafire.com/?bb73j7t41bkn9yy

Boriak's Avatar Senator

What a coincidence. I was just trying to download all these mods individually and finding their links corrupt or non-existent. Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by _Agrippa_ View Post
    I took the liberty to change for you the eb config.xml to make your life simply and run it directly from the engine alexander

file link : http://www.mediafire.com/?bb73j7t41bkn9yy
    Haha, grazie. But this is for EB players first and foremost, and by that I mean virgin EB, a la RTW. ALX is simply a sub-community of EB, so they'll still have option of creating shortcut, etc. In fact, I would add the shortcut to desktop if they chose to mark check box with EB with ALX Engine, but I haven't added yet the code to check Registry for it. I don't plan on it because simply if one will play Alex then one presumably will make shortcut, simple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriak View Post
    What a coincidence. I was just trying to download all these mods individually and finding their links corrupt or non-existent. Thanks a bunch!
    Ne za chto. Is my pleasure, comrade.
    Former Projects:

good work.

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

Just curious as to why not just use the 1.2 minimod as a base? As well the minimod "special" version sub-mods are made so that all his mods can work together, which would not be compatible otherwise since they use overlapping files.
    Last edited by AstroCat; October 28, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
    Just curious as to why not just use the 1.2 minimod as a base? As well the minimod "special" version sub-mods are made so that all his mods can work together, which would not be compatible otherwise since they use overlapping files.
    This package assumes no previous sub-modifications. As for why the mini-mod by LZ3 wasn't used as a base, that's simple. LZ3 and I have different goals.
    Former Projects:

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Great stuff mate, thanks

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by mamik_yev_konak View Post
    This package assumes no previous sub-modifications. As for why the mini-mod by LZ3 wasn't used as a base, that's simple. LZ3 and I have different goals.
    Got it, thanks!

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i noticed that i still have big trees...lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    i noticed that i still have big trees...lol
    That's right. What you need to do in order to remove the Giant Trees, other than choosing that component during install-time, is that you need to open your Trivial Script Configuration and Save again with the Single Player selection. Or you could run EB using the Single Player shortcut. If you do not do this and simply run using an executable-linked shortcut (i.e. linked to Rome or Barbarian or Alex executable) after installing, then you will continue to see your California Redwoods.
    Former Projects:

How do we launch it with the Alexander engine? I notice that it tells me to insert the regular Rome Total War disc when I try to launch with the Alexander disc. Do we still need to follow the complicated instructions in the original Alexander thread or is that all taken care of by the installer?

Hey, I was wondering how i activate the force diplomacy stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by nasher168 View Post
    How do we launch it with the Alexander engine? I notice that it tells me to insert the regular Rome Total War disc when I try to launch with the Alexander disc. Do we still need to follow the complicated instructions in the original Alexander thread or is that all taken care of by the installer?
    The installer does not place an Alexander executable-linked shortcut for EB on the desktop only because Rome: Total War root installation directories vary. For this reason, you need to create a shortcut to the Alexander executable found inside the Rome installation directory and insert the following parameters at the end of its target line (in no particular order):

-nm -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitio View Post
    Hey, I was wondering how i activate the force diplomacy stuff?
    On the campaign map, press ESC to open the game menu. Under Game Options, reset the advisor. Initiate a diplomatic proposition. Compose your diplomatic proposition, do not yet send the proposition. Click on the help symbol ('?' symbol on top-right) and the advisor will command you to press Show Me How in order to activate Force Diplomacy. He/she will go away. Send your proposition. It will be successful as long as it is possible (i.e. you cannot ask for 10.000 mnai if the faction in question only has 9.999 mnai). Realize that you need to reset the advisor and go through this process every single time you need to force diplomacy.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by mamik_yev_konak View Post
    The installer does not place an Alexander executable-linked shortcut for EB on the desktop only because Rome: Total War root installation directories vary. For this reason, you need to create a shortcut to the Alexander executable found inside the Rome installation directory and insert the following parameters at the end of its target line (in no particular order):

-nm -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander
    Ah okay, that's fixed it. Thanks.

Found what was causing problems with help from Jirisys. Thank you. Updated original post. Readme is descriptive so please visit it (I will not post any of it directly here). You must read it in order to understand how to remove the possibility of crashes caused by this pack. Also, version 1.2 of this pack is the latest and final version (to correspond with the latest and final version of EB). I will not be updating it further (unless there is a submod that you can convince me deserves to be in this pack). Thank you.

EDIT: Removed City Mod 5.1a because it was causing problems.
    Last edited by mamik_yev_konak; November 08, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Former Projects:

Fixed a mistake in the License Agreement. Re-compressed the setup file down to ~8MB! Other than that, if you've already installed 1.2 of this pack before, you have the same functionality.
    Former Projects:

Hi

Thanks for a nice compilation pack.

Can I use this submod compilation pack together with EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK! , and if possible, how must I install them?

Thanks for any help

Tore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast