Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New version 2.1 preview

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: The Blue and the Grey - 2.1 FEATURES [updated]

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Highlander View Post
    Excellent. I hope you guys will still be historically accurate in Giving the rebels only a single Battle flag!

(I know some units had two early on but most DID NOT)

(Civil War Reenactor for a Farb-Free world)
    If thats possible, they will have just one flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsfire View Post
    One thing that would be great!!! If the flag bearer goes down, have another soldier run up and pick it up.
    Thats cool, but this is not possible with the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Britabroad View Post
    Is there a list of units that are/will be available in the mod anywhere?
    Why don't you play the current version and have a look?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Britabroad's Avatar Civis

Hi Hinkel,

Why?

1. Mods & I don´t get on very well (especially when they´re manually installed) so I´m waiting for the 2.1 version complete with lazy man´s installer.
    2. I don´t want to play multi-player.
    3. I´m waiting for the 2.1 version as it has a campaign.
    4. I just thought that it might be nice to salavate about what units I could look forward to when 2.1 is released.

Thanks in anticipation for this mod, you and your colleagues efforts and hard work are very much appreciated.

Now, how about a list of units?
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to re-assert itself, though it may be at another time, and in another form." - Jefferson Davis

Hi Hinkel,

Why?

1. Mods & I don´t get on very well (especially when they´re manually installed) so I´m waiting for the 2.1 version complete with lazy man´s installer.
    2. I don´t want to play multi-player.
    3. I´m waiting for the 2.1 version as it has a campaign.
    4. I just thought that it might be nice to salavate about what units I could look forward to when 2.1 is released.

Thanks in anticipation for this mod, you and your colleagues efforts and hard work are very much appreciated.

Now, how about a list of units?
    1) Well, its very easy to install 2.0
    2) But its a multiplayer mod...
    3) ... and still 2.1 will be a multiplayer mod and the campaign won't get all the features of the battle mod. For example there is no scouting system and very low unit ranges in the campaign

But here is the list:

UNION:

State militia, Volunteers, Regulars, Zouave, colored Volunteers, 20th Maine, 54th Mass., Iron Brigade, Irish Brigade, Pennsylvania Bucktails, Berdans Sharpshooters, Cavalry, Bufords Cavalry, Custer Cavalry, Lighting Brigade, Horse artillery, Napoleon, Parrot, 3inch Ord, Gatling gun, Hauwitzer.

CSA:

State militia, Volunteers, Regulars, Zouave, Irish Volunteers, Sharpshooters, Louisiana Tigers, Stonewall Brigade, Orphan Brigade, Greggs Brigade, Hoods Texans, some Cavalry types I cant remember , Horse artillery, Napoleon, Parrot, 3inch Ord, Washington Artillery, Whitwirth gun, Hauwitzer.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Thanks Hinkel,

Very much appreciated. Sounds great.

I was under the impression that the current version can only be played multi-player or custom battle mode, but that the 2.1 version will have a campaign included for playing with yourself ... if you see what I mean.
    So, apologies for what is probably a thick question, in the upcoming campaign version are you saying that you can still only play multi-player and not against the AI?
    Or just that the campaign won´t have all the features that multi-playing has?
    Last edited by Britabroad; October 06, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to re-assert itself, though it may be at another time, and in another form." - Jefferson Davis

Thanks Hinkel,

Very much appreciated. Sounds great.

I was under the impression that the current version can only be played multi-player or custom battle mode, but that the 2.1 version will have a campaign included for playing with yourself ... if you see what I mean.
    So, apologies for what is probably a thick question, in the upcoming campaign version are you saying that you can still only play multi-player and not against the AI?
    Or just that the campaign won´t have all the features that multi-playing has?
    No problem dude

The current version is just for multiplayer and custom battles.
    Version 2.1 is designed for multiplayer and custom battles too, but it features the civil war campaign made by Husserl. For gameplay reasons, the campaign will not have all the features, that will be included in the multiplayer version. When you start version 2.1, you can choose which mod you would like to start : Battle mod or campaign mod

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

How did you get 2 flags per regiment?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    How did you get 2 flags per regiment?
    With a small trick, the flags are equipment files so they aren't waving and are static (like in rome or medieval). But thats not a problem, cause the new flags are formed very natural and the flag pole is waving the flag

Thanks mate ..............phew! I thought I´d been checking this forum everyday for weeks, for nothing.

You modders all say that installation is easy, but my personal experiences at manual installation would make us both cry.
    Or me cry and you laugh!

So, unless the sudden urge to send a goddam Yankee to his maker gets too strong, I´ll patiently wait for the upcoming version.
    Take your time, make it sweet, and hurry up.

(The wife flies to the UK in 2 weeks for a month and I intend to have occupied the North by her return ... as well as a few other smelly holes with a bit of luck!)

Thanks mate ..............phew! I thought I´d been checking this forum everyday for weeks, for nothing.

You modders all say that installation is easy, but my personal experiences at manual installation would make us both cry.
    Or me cry and you laugh!

So, unless the sudden urge to send a goddam Yankee to his maker gets too strong, I´ll patiently wait for the upcoming version.
    Take your time, make it sweet, and hurry up.

(The wife flies to the UK in 2 weeks for a month and I intend to have occupied the North by her return ... as well as a few other smelly holes with a bit of luck!)
    Hehe, hope the self installer in 2.1 will fix that problem for you

After installing, there is a desktop icon on your desktop. Just need to doubleclick it and then you can start the mod!

Thanks very much.
    I await with bated breath!

I'm glad that your mod isn't dead! Can't wait for 2.1. Especially the new cannons look great. I also like that many units will now have two flags and that there will be some new maps. Still too bad that CA didn't release proper modding tools so that you can add walls & fenches to the maps.

From what it looks your upcoming mod version seems to be more like a version 2.5 or even 3.0 than a 2.1.

Is it correct that in the campaign your units on the campaign map now look like lile real civil war units and not like reskined ETW units?

Would it somehow be possible to unlock american natives (pueblo & sioux) as additional nations for MP/skirmish battles? So that you can fight battles between natives and the US cavalry? Would IMO add a nice touch to the game.

Well at this point I don't know what you have added/changed to the campaign but if you desire to improve it furthermore in the future (maybe for a "real" version 3.0 next year) I have some suggestions (just if it is possible to mod those things. Presumably it's not possible as CA didn't release proper mod tools):

- if possible I would change the starting year from 1783 to 1860 or something around this date
    - if possible I would change the duration of a turn (so that one turn is maybe 3 months or one month instead of 6), so that the civil war would take place in the 1860s and not 80 years early [Well at least this was easy to change in Rome/Medieval, but presumably it won't work in ETW]
    - if possible I would change the small pictures of Agents/Generals/Government members of ETW with pictures showing characters who look more 19th century like (so, no wigs and so on). Maybe it is possible to import pictures of Napoleon Total War (as the character pictures of this game look more like in the civil war)?
    - if possible you should desire to create Ircon Clad warships for sea battles (skirmish/MP/campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1982 View Post
    Is it correct that in the campaign your units on the campaign map now look like lile real civil war units and not like reskined ETW units?

Would it somehow be possible to unlock american natives (pueblo & sioux) as additional nations for MP/skirmish battles? So that you can fight battles between natives and the US cavalry? Would IMO add a nice touch to the game.

- if possible I would change the starting year from 1783 to 1860 or something around this date
    - if possible I would change the duration of a turn (so that one turn is maybe 3 months or one month instead of 6), so that the civil war would take place in the 1860s and not 80 years early [Well at least this was easy to change in Rome/Medieval, but presumably it won't work in ETW]
    - if possible I would change the small pictures of Agents/Generals/Government members of ETW with pictures showing characters who look more 19th century like (so, no wigs and so on). Maybe it is possible to import pictures of Napoleon Total War (as the character pictures of this game look more like in the civil war)?
    - if possible you should desire to create Ircon Clad warships for sea battles (skirmish/MP/campaign)
    1) The General/Colonel models are civil war models. The problem is, every european nation will use that models on campaign map.
    2) Just USA/CSA in battles yet
    3) Starting year will be 0. Other years produces lot of crashes.
    4) We have 6 sommer turns and 6 winter turns
    5) Its possible, but just 2 guys for the campaign and the campaign work is holding since weeks. Maybe in feature patches
    6) Not possible to add new ships.

Great work on the cannons they are excellent ! Can you post an image of the infantry with the new equipment please ?

Atcman123's Avatar Civis

Hey Hinkel!
    This is a video that could be on the fan videos for the blue and grey mod.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NJKlmCt8h4

Let me know what ya think!

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

I NEED this! can you give a rough idea on when it will be out, and have you have changed any of the vanilla nation's regions also? Like in the old version with Britain in India.
    Mod in progress: Knights of the Black Diamond (sp + ETW)
    Danzig mod (europa universalis)

Walk into Mordor? I can riverdance into Mordor!
    (well, it was suicide anyway!)

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Another cool thing would be mounted flagmen! When you try to put a flagman on a horse, he keeps standing up, so maybe you could try one that looks like a bugler with a flag on a horse or something!
    Mod in progress: Knights of the Black Diamond (sp + ETW)
    Danzig mod (europa universalis)

Walk into Mordor? I can riverdance into Mordor!
    (well, it was suicide anyway!)

Great job guys, but I agree with Pazershreck on one thing:
    You are doing a great stuff here but don't forget to re-make the zouaves that are not accurate...
    BTW I'm loving those artillery models!
    I'll be with France whether its monarchy or republic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    1) Well, its very easy to install 2.0
    2) But its a multiplayer mod...
    3) ... and still 2.1 will be a multiplayer mod and the campaign won't get all the features of the battle mod. For example there is no scouting system and very low unit ranges in the campaign

But here is the list:

UNION:

State militia, Volunteers, Regulars, Zouave, colored Volunteers, 20th Maine, 54th Mass., Iron Brigade, Irish Brigade, Pennsylvania Bucktails, Berdans Sharpshooters, Cavalry, Bufords Cavalry, Custer Cavalry, Lighting Brigade, Horse artillery, Napoleon, Parrot, 3inch Ord, Gatling gun, Hauwitzer.

CSA:

State militia, Volunteers, Regulars, Zouave, Irish Volunteers, Sharpshooters, Louisiana Tigers, Stonewall Brigade, Orphan Brigade, Greggs Brigade, Hoods Texans, some Cavalry types I cant remember , Horse artillery, Napoleon, Parrot, 3inch Ord, Washington Artillery, Whitwirth gun, Hauwitzer.
    Thank you so much for putting Gregg's men in here!

I was really hoping that a South Carolina unit would make it into this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy11 View Post
    I NEED this! can you give a rough idea on when it will be out, and have you have changed any of the vanilla nation's regions also? Like in the old version with Britain in India.
    Everything should be like vanilla empire. No new countries or regions for other nations. But we will think about that

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy11 View Post
    Another cool thing would be mounted flagmen! When you try to put a flagman on a horse, he keeps standing up, so maybe you could try one that looks like a bugler with a flag on a horse or something!
    Well, just wait for the new version

Quote Originally Posted by François Achille Bazaine View Post
    Great job guys, but I agree with Pazershreck on one thing:

BTW I'm loving those artillery models!
    The artillery is gorgeous. I don't think that the new zouaves will make it into the new version. Danova is still very busy, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by austin.weathers View Post
    Thank you so much for putting Gregg's men in here!

I was really hoping that a South Carolina unit would make it into this mod.
    Ahh, Greggs are in since the first version of the mod.
    But in 2.1, they won't get a unique south carolina flag, sorry.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

this mod may actuallt make me play empire TW again