View Poll Results: How many turns per year do you preffer?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • x12 - 348 turns campaign with historical events each 34,8 turns (average)

139 70.92%
  • x8 - 232 turns campaign with historical events each 23,2 turns (average)

57 29.08%
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King General Discussion

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King

Quote Originally Posted by rejv View Post
    I did, quite some time ago, not much over there tbh.
    You only can see the public section of our forum. Thats why is "not much over there". Your suggestions will be very appreciated.

The official soundtrack of The Sundering : Rise of The Witch King is released!

Here you will find the links to Part 1 (Avelorn, Caledor, Chrace, Cothique and Eataine soundtracks) and Part 2 (Ellyrion, Nagarythe, Saphery, Tiranoc and Yvresse soundtracks).

http://www.filefront.com/17519969/Official Soundtrack Part1.rar

http://www.filefront.com/17519971/Official Soundtrack Part2.rar

This work represent more than 100 musics. I tried to give a specific feeling to each faction looking at its culture but since it is all about elves it was not easy!

Avelorn is the Kingdom of the Everqueen, you will feel the Spirit of Nature and its link to the Forest without a doubt. (Strongest Bond with Nature, Strong loyalty to Everqueen, Affinity for all animals
    Isha Worship faction
    )

Caledor is the realm of honor and glory with military discipline so most of tracks are very epic, the most epic of all the soundtrack (Haughty, Short Tempered, Honour/Glory Driven, Martial Mindset, Disciplined, Arrogant, Reckless/Brave, High Emphasis on Smithing, Vaul Worship faction)

Chrace is at once very close to nature and inspire courage and strenght, so i ve decided to mix nature themes (but less spiritual than Avelorn) and epic tracks (Hunters, Strong bond with nature, Survivalists, Strong, Stubborn, Brave, Kurnous Worship faction)

Cothique and Eataine are quite equal looking at their culture, so i tought it was better to give them the same soundtracks since they are sea-love factions. Most tracks inspire calm and mystery of the ocean, but also adventure! (Sailors, Hardened by life at sea, Spartan lives, Close to the sea, Brave -often fight sea monsters, rough seas, etc-)

Ellyrion is like Rohan. It is the land of the horses and i tried to give the feeling of riding through theses amazing riders. They are the watchers of Ulthuan, quiet and vigilant but also enthousiast (Horse oriented, life in the saddle, strong bond between riders and mounts, Horse stealing one of worst crimes
    Reaver Knights- Vigilant, Hospitable, Semi-nomadic faction
    )

Nagarythe was special for me since i love this faction. I had to select epic tracks but also dark ones which inspires the feeling of living around the Shadowlands. (Cold, Bitter, Outsiders even among other elves, Harsh lifestyle, Vengeance drivenMorai-heg and Loec Worship faction)

Saphery has no epic tracks but only musics which refers to magic and mystery, wisdom and unique feeling. This soundtrack is really unique amongst the others (Magic oriented, Wise, Scholarly
    Hoeth Worship faction
    )

Tiranoc is the siege of the Phoenix King, the soundtrack had to be epic, martial and royal at once, but very elvish too, something which shows the elven culture. I tried to reflect this feeling. (Fiery, Adventurous, Martial minded, Chariot racers faction)

Yvresse is are Grim, Stoic, Honourable and Mercantile at once. This faction was the most difficult to me to imagine the best soundtrack, so instead i gave them the Tiranoc soundtrack

Except Eataine/Cothique and Tiranoc/Yvresse, every faction is a single and unique experience. In the other hand the musics for battle map obey to 2-3 archetypes so they are nearly the same, nearly

ENJOY AND COMMENT/CRITIC!!!!

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Very nice job. The hot chicks on the loading screens add some flavor xD

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King (UPDATED 16/11/2010)

Do you guys know if Aenarion killed the first everchosen Morkar, or was it Sigmar 45 hundred years later?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

The first Everchosen, Morkar the Uniter, had risen a great army and, with the blessings of the Dark Gods, was given the task of making the world a permanent beacon of Chaos. Screaming his rage to the winds, Be'lakor descended into his own realm of madness - not seeing the battles won by Morkar, nor the rise of the man who would be a great bane of Chaos, Sigmar. Sigmar met Morkar in combat in a battle that would determine the fate of the world. The battle was likened to that between gods, but in the end Sigmar struck the killing blow, destroying Morkar and ending his incursion. From the ashes of this battle, Sigmar became the first Emperor of the united human tribes. For thousands of years since, his Empire has endured as a beacon of humanity.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Yeah I know, but the first incursion (which had to be led by an everchosen) happened 4500 years before Sigmar, led by Morkar (the same morkar, or a different one? Maybe he was resurected).

"Aenarion emerged from the shrine to lead the elves to war. Outside he faced the howling horde of chaos. He picked up his hunting spear and cast it at Morkar, favoured of the gods. The weapon tore through the Chaos lord's body and through the chest of his standard-bearer before coming to rest in the neck of a minotaur."

Morkar was also defeated by Archaon in his tomb, maybe Aenarion defeated him the first time and he lived on in his armour, rising to power again in the time of Sigmar and at the time of Archaon he was still gathering his strength again, that kinda makes sense, right?
    Last edited by Himster; November 16, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Calaurin's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Italy - close to the mountains, lost in the wooden hills

Nice map , is it the final version already?
    I will d/load the soundtrack as soon as possible too (it's massive!).
    Dear Team, in the mantime I have two questions for you.

First : shouldn't all factions have their own mages?
    I suppose that young adepts came from all kingdoms of Ulthuan, even if Saphery was the most magic-oriented by tradition...
    Of course this is my reasoning, since I remember the lore saying that all mages were apprenticed in the White Tower of Hoeth, but I don't remember it saying that they came only from Saphery.
    If you accept that the mages were from all kingdoms, then it stands to reason that they should fight for their land and sires when the s--t hit the fan.
    Even if you decide that Saphery produced most of the mages, for the sake of fun I would give some mages also to the other factions.

Second : what about the Nagarythe loyalists?
    Are they going to be mercenaries for factions fighting against Malekith?
    Or maybe they will be a unit for the Phoenix King?

Edit
    make it three questions: are you going to make also the Swordmasters of Hoeth?
    Last edited by Calaurin; November 16, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    The official soundtrack of The Sundering : Rise of The Witch King is released!

Here you will find the links to Part 1 (Avelorn, Caledor, Chrace, Cothique and Eataine soundtracks) and Part 2 (Ellyrion, Nagarythe, Saphery, Tiranoc and Yvresse soundtracks).

http://www.filefront.com/17519969/Official Soundtrack Part1.rar

http://www.filefront.com/17519971/Official Soundtrack Part2.rar

This work represent more than 100 musics. I tried to give a specific feeling to each faction looking at its culture but since it is all about elves it was not easy!

Avelorn is the Kingdom of the Everqueen, you will feel the Spirit of Nature and its link to the Forest without a doubt. (Strongest Bond with Nature, Strong loyalty to Everqueen, Affinity for all animals
    Isha Worship faction
    )

Caledor is the realm of honor and glory with military discipline so most of tracks are very epic, the most epic of all the soundtrack (Haughty, Short Tempered, Honour/Glory Driven, Martial Mindset, Disciplined, Arrogant, Reckless/Brave, High Emphasis on Smithing, Vaul Worship faction)

Chrace is at once very close to nature and inspire courage and strenght, so i ve decided to mix nature themes (but less spiritual than Avelorn) and epic tracks (Hunters, Strong bond with nature, Survivalists, Strong, Stubborn, Brave, Kurnous Worship faction)

Cothique and Eataine are quite equal looking at their culture, so i tought it was better to give them the same soundtracks since they are sea-love factions. Most tracks inspire calm and mystery of the ocean, but also adventure! (Sailors, Hardened by life at sea, Spartan lives, Close to the sea, Brave -often fight sea monsters, rough seas, etc-)

Ellyrion is like Rohan. It is the land of the horses and i tried to give the feeling of riding through theses amazing riders. They are the watchers of Ulthuan, quiet and vigilant but also enthousiast (Horse oriented, life in the saddle, strong bond between riders and mounts, Horse stealing one of worst crimes
    Reaver Knights- Vigilant, Hospitable, Semi-nomadic faction
    )

Nagarythe was special for me since i love this faction. I had to select epic tracks but also dark ones which inspires the feeling of living around the Shadowlands. (Cold, Bitter, Outsiders even among other elves, Harsh lifestyle, Vengeance drivenMorai-heg and Loec Worship faction)

Saphery has no epic tracks but only musics which refers to magic and mystery, wisdom and unique feeling. This soundtrack is really unique amongst the others (Magic oriented, Wise, Scholarly
    Hoeth Worship faction
    )

Tiranoc is the siege of the Phoenix King, the soundtrack had to be epic, martial and royal at once, but very elvish too, something which shows the elven culture. I tried to reflect this feeling. (Fiery, Adventurous, Martial minded, Chariot racers faction)

Yvresse is are Grim, Stoic, Honourable and Mercantile at once. This faction was the most difficult to me to imagine the best soundtrack, so instead i gave them the Tiranoc soundtrack

Except Eataine/Cothique and Tiranoc/Yvresse, every faction is a single and unique experience. In the other hand the musics for battle map obey to 2-3 archetypes so they are nearly the same, nearly

ENJOY AND COMMENT/CRITIC!!!!
    HE HE nice

Swordmasters of Hoeth were created nearly 1000 years after the sundering (or more...)

Giving Mages to Saphery is lore wise and better for unique feeling of each faction

Mages will not be recruitable, but you could have 1% chance per turn to get one so it is not overpowered

Nagarythe will have Dark mages in same conditions, theses are the few who have been initiated by Morathi herself

For the loyalist, you will have Alith Anar and its Shadow warriors, it is not decided yet but it would be a UNIQUE mercenary unit OR the unit could be a reward from a mission OR you could get Alith Anar (a general character with traits and its bodyguard -shadow warriors, normal size regiment) at the first turn in your capital. I mean, you could play Tiranoc, Chrace or Eataine (don't mind) you would have Alith Anar at the firs turn at your court.
    All of this is not decided yet, i love the shadow king and i have a special attention on him but i have to discuss about it with the team.
    One thing is sure : Alith Anar will be around.

Calaurin's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Italy - close to the mountains, lost in the wooden hills

Swordmasters of Hoeth were created nearly 1000 years after the sundering (or more...)
    Damn they are one of my favourite units...
    A pity, but what the heck.
    I would like to read about their origins, do you have some useful link?

Giving Mages to Saphery is lore wise and better for unique feeling of each faction

Mages will not be recruitable, but you could have 1% chance per turn to get one so it is not overpowered

Nagarythe will have Dark mages in same conditions, theses are the few who have been initiated by Morathi herself

For the loyalist, you will have Alith Anar and its Shadow warriors, it is not decided yet but it would be a UNIQUE mercenary unit OR the unit could be a reward from a mission OR you could get Alith Anar (a general character with traits and its bodyguard -shadow warriors, normal size regiment) at the first turn in your capital. I mean, you could play Tiranoc, Chrace or Eataine (don't mind) you would have Alith Anar at the firs turn at your court.
    All of this is not decided yet, i love the shadow king and i have a special attention on him but i have to discuss about it with the team.
    One thing is sure : Alith Anar will be around.
    Great

I must say.. this mod looks... impressive. Even though its filled with elven-ess. (elven-ass?) I suppose it wouldn't be possible to play other factions in custom battle with this mod installed? I would consider it cool to have an opportunity to crush like 2-3 combined elven armies from different provinces , it would truly feel like War of Vengeance.

Edit : Dunno why, but Cothique looks like indian name to me These elves are... strange folk indeed.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Calaurin View Post
    Nice map , is it the final version already?
    It is not a final version. We need to add rivers, mountain roads, regions, improve the heights... it's a lot of work left
    Last edited by Kolwen; November 17, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

We have an interesting poll in our forum about recruiting special units like dragons and mages.
    (hard to train vs chance to appear)

Please, we want your oppinion!
    http://tool-computers.com/subdomains...&Itemid=35#151

You can make animation to dragons?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

We have a nice team and we feel that we can manage everything. However we are centering in other units before dragons

I tried to make animation to dragons on the basis of model of Banzai. But at converting there is an error. If you have advancements in this direction I am ready to cooperation. If it is interesting to you.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Sure! All the help will be welcomed.
    Visit our forum and explain your problem!

Hmmmm... Would it be difficult for you to make a sub-mod later that would add new units to normal cow elves? I certainly DO NOT wish to download and install mod that allows to ONLY play as ELVES, but i would gladly impale some dragons with bolt thrower. In addition, i could use dragon models in my ongoing mini-aar, War of Vengeance.

Give us back the crown of the Phoenix King you stole from us and we shall perhaps even force our noble eyes to look at your pitiful shorted stinky race.

Ooo donīt worry for that, the opportunity to kill dwarves will not wait