Thread: Guess the movie from the picture!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess the movie from the picture!

Another picture please, Ritter. (By the way, there must be an intermediate point between an entirely local film and such popular films).
    Last edited by mishkin; October 06, 2016 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Ladyhawke.

Someone else may take my turn though, I have no good idea right now for a movie picture to share.
    Indeed. Very nice film, no? If you are in for historical accuracy, maybe not so, but for a fun adventure, it is a great film. And at some points it might even be more accurate than some modern hollywood crap that tries hard to be and simply fails.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Another picture please, Ritter. (By the way, there must be an intermediate point between an entirely local film and such popular films).
    Hm, I thought Ladyhawke would be it, an intermediate, but let's try this one:

No tries? It is a horror film from the 60's, could also be considered a Christian film, I at least consider it, since it is themed around it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Oh man, it stars Vincent Price and Hazel Court...

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That sounds like the Raven but you pretty much gave it away. I'm not aware of any other films that have Vincent Price AND Hazel Court.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    That sounds like the Raven but you pretty much gave it away. I'm not aware of any other films that have Vincent Price AND Hazel Court.
    I had to, nobody was even trying. But no, it isn't the Raven.

Patrician

Then I guess my only other option is The Masque of the Red Death. It seems to match your description more.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Then I guess my only other option is The Masque of the Red Death. It seems to match your description more.
    That's correct. By the way, I didn't know that Hazel Court was in The Raven.

Patrician

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

dune?

Patrician

nope

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say some old Godzilla film.

Patrician

nope

Blog Entries

Wild Strawberries? (I am pretty sure it is a Bergman film).

(Maybe its time for a hint, Oda)
    Last edited by mishkin; October 21, 2016 at 09:19 AM.

Patrician

Some huge film makers were involved in helping to produce this movie as a favour for their friend.

Blog Entries

Dreams, Kurosawa.

Patrician

nope

Blog Entries

Kagemusha

Patrician

Yup, specifically the scene where the Kagemusha dreams about the dead Takeda Shingen. First Shingen bursts out of the jar which contained his corpse and attacked the Kagemusha. He ran away from Shingen but then realized that Shingen was no longer behind him and had disappeared. Frantically the Kagemusha then started to search for Shingen but the assailant had vanished without a trace and the Kagemusha then felt despair for that reason and wandered like a lost child. The loss of the self in other words, despite the fact that he no longer acted as himself anymore but instead emulated someone else.

You see he became Shingen in an attempt to copy him, his shadow if you will, but when Shingen was gone he realized that he was nothing because there can be no shadow if someone is not there to cast it. In essence he then began to turn into the real Shingen because when you have a copy but the original no longer exists then one could say that the copy is now the original.

I'd never have guessed that.