Thread: CRC failed in 'DMUC_SkinPack.pack' file is broken - help.

Default CRC failed in 'DMUC_SkinPack.pack' file is broken - help.

Hi, i hope this is the right section to post in. Just installed Darth mod, (not player TW or Darth mod for ages).

After installation i get the following error. I downloaded from the seemingly only available link.. http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-empire and it appeared to download over night with no issues. At the end of installation i get the below error.

Can i get a copy of this file? Can i check the files with checksum? Can i ignore it?

Any help / guidence would be appreciated... (i stopped playing due to annoying mid campaign crashes.. i really want to make sure i have no issues before starting a new game)

Thanks

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: CRC failed in 'DMUC_SkinPack.pack' file is broken - help.

You need to download it again and reinstall-you got a corrupted download. I would advise using a download manager.

Thanks for the reply. I do use a download manager. Rather than assuming i have a corrupted download, which may or may not be the case, could you help me to check it via checksum?

p.s the game appears to work ok.. could this be ignored?

(my internet connection is painfully slow)
    Last edited by MadTommy; October 22, 2010 at 04:55 AM.

I know a corrupted download when I see it I'm afraid-you are going to need to start again.

This file does not change anything in the db tables from what I am aware, so you might get away without it, but you won't get any special DMUC textures. (in fact some units may not have textures at all-I don't know exactly what is contained in that file.)

Ok thanks. At the time of posting i did not realise this file was 1.4Gb.. i expected it to be a fraction of that and i may be able to download it separately.

What a pain, is there a torrent of Darthmod i can use instead of the direct link?

Thanks for your replies.

I'm afraid there is no torrent yet, but one is being set up.

In case you were wondering we have two versions of DarthMod-the normal one which is just under 100 mbs and only changes the AI and blood, smoke and sound, or we have the version you downloaded-DMUC, which is a behemoth that converts many many more aspects of the game.