Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New units reguest

Default New units reguest

I think you should make new units for the other nations than German, Great brittain and Austria in the next update. And I got a idea for some swedish units:

Linje infanteri(Swedish line infantry()

Stockholms parad kavalleri(The parad cavallery of Stockholm)

Kungliga slåtts vakter(Royal castle guards)

How about those?
    Last edited by removeduser_23847628374234; October 26, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

Default Re: New units reguest

Go sweden it seems
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'm sure Aanker would be very happy to do these lol

What with him being Swedish.

One cool thing is that theese uniforms(not the grey one) is still used. Not in militery but if you go to livrustkammaren in STockholm, Sweden you might see those guards marching around the castle. I whas there. That whas very cool.

Currrently all major-major nations have relatively unique unit rosters. Extra unique units have been added or will be added by 4.5 to Germany, France, Belgium, Russia, Italy, and the United States (which will be introduced in 4.5). Currently in planning/research stage is Austria and the Ottoman Empire, but Britain will probably also get a few new ones as well as Spain, and most minor nations should probably have 1 or 2 unique units eventually and if applicable.

I don't know the importance of sweden in ww1, but like Mitch says, I suspect Aanker would be eager to make a new swedish roster
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'd be more than happy to see Sweden having new units, especially since they were always hated by CA. But as they were neutrals in WW1, I think they should be at the bottom of the list for the moment
    [Col] RO Citizen

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I think most of those uniforms are really only used on parade, save for the first one and just maybe the Royal Dragoons. Sweden would have two types of militia, though: the Landstorm (similar to the German Landwehr) and Beväring.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Yeh, pretty much every nations Palace gaurds or what have you are entirely for show.

Just like the Buckingham palace guards in the Uk.

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

I went to a ww1 mock camp a few years ago, one of the camps members was dressed in a German ukrianian batallion uniform, a green grey and a yellow armband.

Don't know if its been mentioned before, but the French had a few Algerian Zouave batallions, and sengalese tirailleurs.

Also, Germany still used hussars and uhlans during the war, mostly on the eastern front. Italy had ski troops for they're fronts in the alps. I have some information on uniforms and such, I have a few books on ww1, including authentic color photos from the war taken by some french pressmen.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY

Senegalese Tirailleurs are in for 4.5, I considered the algerians but the moroccan infantry was very similar so i didn't think it warranted 2 seperate units.

As for the ski troops, do you mean the alpini? They''re in already and I believe they used skis but I might be mistaken.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Well, the Zouaves were strictly white men that lived in the colony and were elite infantry I believe they were mostly used for policing in the colony, but were brought to certain sections in the front, not to mention they wore blue with the baggy red trousers. Also, as far as france goes Russia sent two Batallions to the western front in a brown top with a dark blue trouser, two red stripes down the sides of the pants. I see in the game there is a polish batallion, so maybe a russian one would be nice too.

Ah yes, they are the alpini. wish I could play Italy, currently having troubles locating the files to edit which factions to play. But they did use skis. Some Italian batallions were equiped with breast plates, and almost medieval style open face helmets. Read it in a book awhile ago, gonna go to the library soon to check it out. There was also a battalion of U.S. troops sent to the venetian plain front, not equiped with helmets.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...shInfantry.jpg
    Spanish uniform suggestion

http://www.landships.freeservers.com...e_uniforms.htm
    Portuguese uniform suggestion

The Corpo de Artilharia Pesada Independente (CAPI) - Independent Heavy Artillery Corps ( huge artillery pieces including: 320mm railway gun, 240mm's, and 190mm's)

It wouldn't be hard to imagine, that if Portugal fielded more men in this war that they would bring men from the colonies, maybe some Rhodesian's. Also, if they were further brought in to the war they most likley would have had a skirmisher unit much like caçadors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ha...l_Fighters.jpg

Harlem hellfighter regiment, U.S. troops.
    Last edited by Piledriver2311; October 23, 2010 at 06:39 PM.

I saw a picture from the big strike 1909 were the king talked to the people and there whas royal guards next to him. But they had other weapons

So are you going to make these units or not?

Give france god damn cuirasers, uhlans for asutria, cossacks for russia. Actually you can just recoulour vanilla units.

Russians have cossacks for update 4.5. And please watch your tone.

As for whether we are making them or not, I think we've been clear that we do intend to make them eventually, but there are many other priorities that have to be done first. So, not to sound CAish, but they will be done when they're done We'll be sure however, to post in the progress thread any news or updates, swedish roster included

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Russians have cossacks for update 4.5. And please watch your tone.

As for whether we are making them or not, I think we've been clear that we do intend to make them eventually, but there are many other priorities that have to be done first. So, not to sound CAish, but they will be done when they're done We'll be sure however, to post in the progress thread any news or updates, swedish roster included
    yeah, lol or you could have said it is what it is.

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Yeh, pretty much every nations Palace gaurds or what have you are entirely for show.

Just like the Buckingham palace guards in the Uk.
    The Guards Division aren't just for show, they are there to defend the queen, and when they aren't doing that they are out in the field fighting like the rest of the army.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherSurplice View Post
    The Guards Division aren't just for show, they are there to defend the queen, and when they aren't doing that they are out in the field fighting like the rest of the army.
    I think he referred to the Palace Guard as any of the soldiers that at any point in time guard the palace. Either way, when guard units take to the field, they wouldn't be wearing their palatial ornaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I think he referred to the Palace Guard as any of the soldiers that at any point in time guard the palace. Either way, when guard units take to the field, they wouldn't be wearing their palatial ornaments.
    Oh, well yeah somehow I don't think a red jacket and bearskin hat would be very practical in the trenches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast