Thread: seleucid campain save/load is grayed out

Default seleucid campain save/load is grayed out

played my selucid campain for 3hrs only to find out the save button was grayed out, closed the game and ran it again, no autosave, started a new campain save and load were still grayed out, tryed with roman, belgae, pergamon and spartan campains and i can save/load on them no problem.

not edited any files, did play a selucid campain before and saved it but now it wont let me =s

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: seleucid campain save/load is grayed out

stupid question, but did you remember to activate the script?

Delete all the map.rwm files, and then delete the RSfolder\Play_seleucid\preferences folder. This usually fixes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Delete all the map.rwm files, and then delete the RSfolder\Play_seleucid\preferences folder. This usually fixes the problem.
    this worked tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    For reference, does this need to be done every single time you start up the game with a different faction?

@ Killoram: you're welcome!

@ Aenima: I don't know because I play only 1 turn campaigns, but it's better to do it. Personally I do it every time I start the game.

There is a simple way not to lose your preferences and set them every time again:
    -set the preferences you like, via the launcher or via the options menu in game
    -if you started a Play_xyz campaign, then go into RS\Play_xyz folder and copy the whole preferences folder contained there into the RS main folder.
    -now you can delete all Play_xxx\preferences folder whenever you like, the game will automatically regenerate them using the preferences you have saved in the main RS folder.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    For reference, does this need to be done every single time you start up the game with a different faction?
    I don't do this with the various campaigns that I have started. I rarely delete the map.rwm file either.

I have set up the preferences I want in the original RTW which I used as a base for other mods. So, when I copied that install to another place for my RSII install I already had my settings.

The 'preferences.txt' file is not created until the game is launched for the first time.

If you look at the RSII install there will be no 'preferences' folder. As already pointed out by Spartan666 when you launch the campaign it will take the preferences from the main preferences folder for the game type (play_rome etc).

So, by setting up the preferences properly in the first place you should not every have to change them - unless you want to try something else out.

With the map.rwm file you can delete it prior to every time you play the game - there is no harm in doing that. The first time you launch the campaign the file is created from other data files. I fthe file is not present when you load a save or start a new campaign it will be created again. There is a slight delay while the file is created but that's the only effect.

Sometimes the map.rwm file does get corrupted - so one quick way to see if you can get your campaign running again is to simply delete the file and load the save. It's not guaranteed to work but it's somthing that can be done quickly.

Anyway - answered & closed

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here