Thread: how do i use boats???

Default how do i use boats???

how do i use boats

Default Re: how do i use boats???

You need to have a "ship chain". That is, you need to have at least one boat in each sea region between your province and the "target" province, *and* you'll need to have a port built in your province as well. This applies to both invading and trading with a province. To be specific with each....

Invading a province: You must first make sure that the faction you intend to attack doesn't have any ships of its own in any of the same sea regions as yours. If there are, you will need to sink & destroy that faction's ships before you can invade.

Once you've done this, then simply pick up an army stack from your province and drop it on the target province. If you win the battle that next turn, then the province is yours.

Note: Invading a province by sea can be risky, as there is *no* retreat. If you lose the battle, your entire invasion force will automatically be captured, even if they escape off the battlefield. Even if you win, you still won't be able to withdraw your army in your newly-conquered province until you build a port there.

Trading with a province
    : The target province you wish to trade with must also have a port (just like yours does). In addition, your province must have some sort of Trade Goods, and you'll need to have built a Trading Post/Merchant/etc. there as well.

Note: If you're at war with a faction and they have a ship in the same sea region as one of your ships, this will interrupt your trade network and prevent you from earning trade income. (So you'll have to sink & destroy the enemy vessel, or at least drive it off).

Let us know if you have other questions.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Hi, just gone back to TWM, trying to det up Trade routes. I have a Merchant, who seems to be generating income, but but Port isnt ? Why is that ? How do I get my Port to generate income ? Also, I dont seem to be able to transport troops ? I am Denmark, have a port and a ship between myself and the target, Finland ( which also has a Port) but I cant invade ?

help ???

Maybe the sea is blocked by an enemy ship?
    Are you at war with any faction that has a navy unit there?

p.s. oh and shouldn´t there be two boats - one in the East Sea and one in the sea province surrounding denmark?

Ports do not generate income as such. Ports only impose a small import tax on AI factions trading with you. If the AI is not trading, then you will not see any income.

Use the 'V' key to check the status of sea regions:

Green=Friendly
    Yellow=Neutral
    Red=Hostile