Thread: The Future looks bright!

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Default The Future looks bright!

Now that I played ITW, after some slight initiall problems , my verdict is great! This is the first mod that I have played with a map that breaks away from the whole Europe map. The Iberian tribe units look good, but need a weee bit of pollish and change of the unit cards. Playing as the Ilergean tribe I have begun an killing spree across central and northwestern Iberia. I like the whole light unit feel! Will bee great to see what you do whit the comming versions. God...no Great jobb!!
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Yes they deserve to be appauded!

Unfortunately, we have no nominations for the modding awards.

Even not for the "best mod in foreign language". :laughing:
    Or the "best result/number of team members ratio" (named as who_is_able_to_do_it_better_with_so_few_people award). :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well you deserve i't. Iberia has it's share of flaws but not more than could be expected and its only version 1.0. Iberia brings the number of mods I have on my computer to a grand total of three.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

Just two words GREAT MOD

@Maethius

Don't worry, I was joking. :laughing:

I was only afraid that this mod won't have at least some success, after the rather poor success of Reconquista for MTW-VI . It was a really hard, very hard, work for me (also the first reduced map, as in this case, with all the new factions) with almost no echo in the Total War community.

But I can see now that history is completely different now.

@Monkwarrior

You have my vote maņo

Quote Originally Posted by Uranos
    Monkwarrior you have been nominated :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39808
    now, after you have released this mod i'm sure you will get many votes
    Yes Uranos, I saw your nomination (I couldn't believe it ), but I think I don't deserve it.
    I've been only learning from people smarter than me. That's all.

And... I really like your new signature!!!!

@Viriato
    Thanks my friend. You should be also nominated, but it was forbidden to nominate somebody from your own team (I think ).

I vote, naturally, for the monkwarrior (Up the power maņo!), but I also remember Viriato, the great author of beautiful and historical skins

I heard something about iberia having some new fangled scripts ?

oh and this is off topic but does anyone know how i change unit numbers

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

Quote Originally Posted by humvee2800
    I heard something about iberia having some new fangled scripts ?

oh and this is off topic but does anyone know how i change unit numbers
    Apart from the espionage script, the campaign has some special rewards if you conquered the starting capital of the iberian factions and you keep the people happy.

The unit numbers: isn't it in options? As in the normal RTW.

after 5 hours of downloading the mod! I have to say its not a bad mod... i'd give it 3 out of 5 for now. Which is not bad considering its a first release to the public...

I would just like to make a few suggestions if I can...

the map looked good.. but I think it needs to be expanded more.. for example the two islands west of italy.. sorry I forget their names. They could be broken down more. More provences in italy. and more provences in africa. I dont think you can have any more in iberia because it will look over crowded unless you find a way of working around that and starting afresh with iberia.

I think you need to revamp all the units. which i think you have stated. you need some 3d moddlers and skinners. It wasn't a bad atmept what was in the mod. But I feel there is much to be improved. Although Im not a skinner or 3d moddler myself. im just offering my humble opinion

Also a brand new trait system... in context to all generals and commanders and temple or building bonus's you receive

Other than that I think this mod has good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton Matticus
    after 5 hours of downloading the mod! I have to say its not a bad mod... i'd give it 3 out of 5 for now. Which is not bad considering its a first release to the public...
    Thanks. :wink:
    I would just like to make a few suggestions if I can...
    Of course, you can.
    the map looked good.. but I think it needs to be expanded more.. for example the two islands west of italy.. sorry I forget their names. They could be broken down more. More provences in italy. and more provences in africa. I dont think you can have any more in iberia because it will look over crowded unless you find a way of working around that and starting afresh with iberia.
    Yes, this is a consequence of the shape and size of the map.
    In fact, my idea was to put only Iberia, Italy, the minimum part of Gallia to allow passing the legions, the islands and a small part of North Africa. But it was necessary to include Illyria and far away.
    With the present configuration, you are obliged to conquest part of Iberia (which is the objective of the campaign) to gain victory.

you need some 3d moddlers and skinners. It wasn't a bad atmept what was in the mod.
    Completely agree. The recruitment is open (I hope somebody will join us in the adventure).

Also a brand new trait system... in context to all generals and commanders and temple or building bonus's you receive
    Yes, this is also a good point, but at the moment, with the amount of people involved, this was a minor priority task.

Many thanks for your opinions.

I think you need to revamp all the units. which i think you have stated. you need some 3d moddlers and skinners. It wasn't a bad atmept what was in the mod. But I feel there is much to be improved. Although Im not a skinner or 3d moddler myself. im just offering my humble opinion .
    Well Sparton, I don't like the gloss efect... (if you are refering to that)... I think that In the middle of the battle and when you have been 10 days marching...the weapons and the armor doesn't gloss...

That's just my opinion, but I'd have to say that there are a lot of things that I don't know how to do...

Greetings and thanks for your opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by <--Viriato-->
    Well Sparton, I don't like the gloss efect... (if you are refering to that)... I think that In the middle of the battle and when you have been 10 days marching...the weapons and the armor doesn't gloss...

That's just my opinion, but I'd have to say that there are a lot of things that I don't know how to do...

Greetings and thanks for your opinions!
    I't would be nice with units looking :wub:. Dirty feet and legs and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maethius
    I't would be nice with units looking :wub:. Dirty feet and legs and things like that.
    But what would their mothers say? :laughing:

Lol, not as :wub:...

Quote Originally Posted by AmbrosiusAurelianus
    But what would their mothers say? :laughing:
    Perhaps, "Did you loot good today son?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maethius
    Perhaps, "Did you loot good today son?"
    Lol nice one, Maethius! :laughing: