Thread: Lose due to victory conditions that haven't been fulfilled

Default Lose due to victory conditions that haven't been fulfilled

So I've been trying to play my German campaign, and the next turn keeps claiming I failed to achieve the victory conditions without any explanation and it will only give me the option to return to the main menu. I had two settlements, both were green, happy and public order was over 100%. The only thing I can think of is the obvious fact that one empire got big enough to satisfy the victory conditions and thus end the game. However, the reason I think this is a bug is because in vanilla RTW you had the option to continue playing if someone else beat you to it and/or you reached 14 AD without fulfilling them yourself.
    Last edited by scubatim84; October 20, 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Lose due to victory conditions that haven't been fulfilled

short campaign or long campaign conditions?
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

If you were down to two regions is their any chance that your family died out? Assassinations perhaps?

Sorry, should have specified. It was not a short campaign and no assassinations. If a family member died, it should have notified me under faction announcements and there wasn't anything about that. Even if a family member did die and it pissed off the people, it would have rioted first and it didn't. If all the family members died, shouldn't it have gone to horde status again anyway before it declared that I lost?

im pretty sure a faction cant horde if it has no family members
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    im pretty sure a faction cant horde if it has no family members
    Well, even so, I should have been able to since all of my family members didn't die. I think I did get a message that the faction leader died, but I had another family member in another settlement so that shouldn't have been a problem. I'll see if I can find a way to post my saved game.

Edited to add: I checked, I already overwrote the game files unfortunately. The settings I was using, since that may at least be helpful, was as follows:

Version 5.9.13? (it was the version directly before 5.9.15)
    Using BI.exe
    Land bridges off
    AI bonuses on
    Fatigue on
    Faster movement on
    Last edited by scubatim84; October 21, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

the only thing i can think of is that you made a mistake and you had no family members left
    if you didnt without the save file it will be difficult to find out what caused it

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

or your family member was a general

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    or your family member was a general
    I think Hopit has the most reasonable explanation. I did train several generals and there's no way to tell the difference unless you mouse over or right click on them. Well, at any rate, is there a way to change the victory conditions? I wouldn't mind adjusting them just to make sure that doesn't happen again.

isnt his explanation the same as mine? (you made a mistake and had no family members left)
    and i dont think there is a way to stop the game ending when you lose your last family member
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; October 21, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    isnt his explanation the sdame as mine? (you made a mistake and had no family members left)
    and i dont think there is a way to stop the game ending when you lose your last family member
    First of all, why does it matter? Were you looking for kudos or a gold star instead of genuinely wanting to help? Secondly, he actually pointed out why there may have been no family members left. If a mechanic comes and tells me my car is broken, that mechanic is completely useless to me as I already knew that, hence why I took it to the shop. If he tells me why my car is broken so I can get the car fixed, then he actually helped me. Anyone can tell someone they made a mistake without providing an explanation, evidence or solution....that's what the distinction is.

Anyway, as far as modifying the victory conditions goes, I'm pretty sure this can be done, since obviously it was edited for the mod. Any ideas on what file I would need to change?

the victory conditions can be edited but not the victory condition that caused the game to end as that would have been due to no family members