Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat Mod ???

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Icon5 Hotseat Mod ???

Im a complete tech idiot, but i have played around with some of the tools offered here to see what i could do (very limited, believe me)

Anyway, my aim was i wanted to make a "Mod" designed solely for Hotseating on. Every region, resource, Faction, everything would be geared towards a fun, enjoyable, balanced as much as possible Hotseat!

I played around with Bare Geomod , took me awhile but i managed to add regions and all sorts - largely thanks to its simplicity!

Anyway, i failed when it came to adding new factions, i got all the .tga files right and they displayed fine in the menu etc, but no Campaign would start, instead it would CTD!

I played around with it for a bit, but i never figured out what the problem was or how to solve it, so i gave up!

Well earlier i was reading through Dave Scarface KGCM HS Patch thread, and the post where he says him and Soul aren't the only ones who can mod or learn to mod, so i thought why not asking here!

Some of you guys know a sh!tload more than me, would any of you be interested in working together to make a HS Focused Mod?

I was thinking mainly some factions, some regions, resource changes, maybe unit costs etc, diplomats movement points etc, not going indepth as reskinning units or new music or scripts! I was also thinking we could use the same method as Custom Campaign Mod, whereby we make "smaller" more focused campaigns to play on as well as the standard "Full size" map.

So, anyone up for it???

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hotseat Mod ???

I am interested in this,I now how to:

1.add factions into game

2.add new regions on the map

3.Coding in EDB file

4.add some scripts into campaign_script file

5.to add units of one faction to another

In fact I have experience in modding M2TW

Cool, i can do anything that Geomod allows you to, which is quite a lot!

We would need/i would like others in the HS community to voice opinions on balancing, features to include etc, even if they dont want to do any actual modding!

Would be great though if the HS community could make a team that makes a HS Focused Mod - may even help bring some more players here!

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Good Idea Bro, I'm not really sure how I could help have you thought of putting your idea here, and see if you can garner any intrest?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=364

You might find some kind souls who could assist you, or at least answer any questions you may have.
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Base of our "hotseat mod" should be Retrofit mod.

And then we can add factions,map regions....

Thats a handy link, cheers mate!

Before arriving at that point though, i would like to hopefully recruit more people from here, then start an ideas thread (after finding where to post such a thread) and get some....errrrr.... direction so we know then what we need ie scripts, mappers etc

Im sure as well you can contribute ideas, suggestions etc. Things like what Factions to add, what regions to give them, what regions to add, where to add them, what value of resources, start/end date of campaign, unit rosters and a whole load more things!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilefs View Post
    Base of our "hotseat mod" should be Retrofit mod.

And then we can add factions,map regions....
    Well, we remember that but i wanna see what others come up with as a base!

I think as standard it should be based on Kingdoms .exe, have features like boiling oil etc.

My concern is without a crash course in things, without Geomod i cannot help much, but im willing to learn.....

...... or try and learn at least!

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Thats a handy link, cheers mate!

Before arriving at that point though, i would like to hopefully recruit more people from here, then start an ideas thread (after finding where to post such a thread) and get some....errrrr.... direction so we know then what we need ie scripts, mappers etc

Im sure as well you can contribute ideas, suggestions etc. Things like what Factions to add, what regions to give them, what regions to add, where to add them, what value of resources, start/end date of campaign, unit rosters and a whole load more things!
    Yeah cool, Perhaps smallers maps ie; British Factions, France, Scandanavia or an Iberian Map, Eastern Europeon or Middle Eastern Map to promote smaller, faster HS
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'dlove to get involved, but unfortunately, I just don't have the kind of spare time required.

I do wish you luck though.

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

To me the best feature a hotseat mod would have is the ability to work with the following folders encrypted

export_descr_unit
    export_descr_buildings
    descr_sm_resources
    export_descr_ancillaries

and forget about dickheads pissing off.

I asked some time ago Dave Scarface by mp if it was somehow possible but yet to have an answer
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Why encrypt them?

What do they "control" or change?

God Mode

Ahhhhh, i see!

Thing is, i dont think there is a way of stopping it!

As far as God Mode is concerned, its pretty easy to spot when someone is using it, and like here we only play HS with people we know to be trustworthy!

Anyways, you obviously have knowledge of modding things far greater than me, you interested in helping make this?

Praeses

I'm willing to help. I've done basic stuff (Geomod, add Saxons, etc.)

Cool, thanks mate!

So, so far we have Vasi, Visor, Mencey (!?!) and myself!

Sorry but I have no remote idea about modding nor the god mode method. I was told so by a recently discovered user well known in these forums: Anciano

Praeses

Any particular ideas?

Yep, Visor is right!

Even ideas are very helpful, and opinions on things we may do/may not do!

Praeses

Well we need to decide on what kind of map we will make.

Just read the thread again. I will make some custom maps soon.
    Last edited by Visorslash; October 23, 2010 at 04:46 AM.

I'm also willing to help, although my experience is even more basic than Visorslash's. Mainly just fiddling with resources, army strengths etc.

I think we should go for a historical map, cos it's easier to get into the game if everyone knows the factions and roughly knows the regions etc. But I think we should try and address some of the main problems with the existing mods (Scotland always has to expand through England, Byzantium is always very strong cos Constantinople is so rich, Portugal almst always gets done over by Moors / Spain etc).

I was thinking we could consider cutting out the British Isles, Russia and Scandinaria altogether, and making it a more Mediterrenean focused mod? This would mean fewer factions, so we could avoid the problem of always ending up with AI factions that get rushed by their neighbours. Maybe have Spain, France, HRE, Moors, Turks, Egypt, Byzantium, Hungary, Venice and Sicily? Portugal almost always get pwned, as does one of Milan and Venice. It would also allow us to expand some of the factions using the spare regions - give Venice more territories to simulate their control of the trade islands in the Adriatic, split Sicily into two regions, give Hungary Buda and Pest for example. Also have more island regions and make them more valuable due to their trade power, particularly around Italy. That will make control of the seas more important. And set up the ports so they can be blockaded by a single navy which can stop any ships being built there from leaving, so naval blockades become a more effective tactic.

Finally, I think we should structure all the factions so they have two main settlements: one city and one castle with the rest being towns and motte and baileys. That way all factions will have relatively similar military capabilities at the start, and no faction can just build up and rush its neighbours as the Moors can against Portugal. Also try to balance out the trade and money from different settlements so the factions start with similar economic and military power. Try and make it more a question of skill, instead of who starts with the best economy or most regions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast