Thread: the future of Godzilla?

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Default the future of Godzilla?

The King of the Monsters has been strangely absent for the last couple of years, hasn't he? GMK and Final Wars were decent but didn't gross nearly as much as the new King Kong did. So, after years of trying to outdo each other, King Kong is edging ahead. What does this mean for our favourite radioactive lizard? I for one think that Toho will create a new Godzilla movie, newer, bigger, better, flashier, and with better special effects. I think that instead of the traditional dude in a rubber suit they should have a dude in a digital suit (similar to what they used for Gollum in LOTR and for Kong in King Kong) so as to combine the traditional movements of Godzilla with digital effects for greater detail and such. I could be wrong though. What do you all think about the future of Gojira?
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Its because new Godzilla movies like Godzilla 2000 were god awful, and killed many desires to see anymore Godzilla..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

It's because Godzilla is lame. Giant monkeys are a lot cooler.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Giants monkeys are better? hahahah , I dont think so , Godzilla is the king of the monsters and no that stupid monkey , well , I want to see godzilla again in movies please , Hail Godzilla , King of the Monsters!

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

What I want to see is a full length movie featuring the Deadly Beast (bunny) from the Holy Grail.

Combined with the beast of Yaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh!

(or was it the castle of Yarrrrrgh?

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Reptiles are cool! Most of them. ;-)

You need to make them intelligent for a a healthy dose of fun. Set them up as alien invaders or as an evil race, and I'll be at that movie. :-)
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    It's because Godzilla is lame. Giant monkeys are a lot cooler.
    Ahhh come on?!? King Kong didn't even cause any decent carnage to New York. He came, he smashed cars and trains and crap, he picked up Beautiful woman, he died. When Godzilla rampages he really rampages, he knocks over buildings, he blows up historic landmarks, he decimates everything the military can throw at him. Entire cities are levelled by his wrath. And nothing can withstand the fury of his atomic fire. King Kong doesn't even have any decent blowing stuff up moves beyond throwing things. Godzilla definetly should have won 'Godzilla vs King Kong' but Kong is an American monster and anything 'American' always wins in the movie world.

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

Dutchpower's Avatar Senator

Even if did like the king kong movie more....

Godzilla > king kong

Babygodzilla's < king kong
    Batavorum miliaria.

"Tits or GTFO. You know the rules and so do I."

More like:
    Japanese Godzilla > King Kong
    American Godzilla < King Kong