Thread: Empire crashing after trying darthmod

Default Empire crashing after trying darthmod

I dled darthmod ultimate commander edition to try it out, but after installation the game was crashing on startup. Following the advice bellow didnt work and after re installing empire a few times it still crashes on startup, any suggestions? I am using windows 7 64 bit

I followed syntax advice from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329067,"Hi there: first we have to be sure that we speak from the same mod? Darthmod Empire 5.1? - or DMUC 5.1?

If you have the crash with Darthmod Empire - now even you deleted all Darth files: you should first repair your vanilla game: go into the steam games screen: right click on your game launcher exe - properties - local files - verify the integrity of game cache!!
    After you go immediate to the hidden - script folder: -user/ appdata/roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts and delete all files in the script folder(not the folder itself) - these step had to be done as steam will not verify this - if you would have a mess here - by deleting this the game will make this new at start-up!

Now load ETW - over steam - if it all works in vanilla you okay for the Darthmod Installation 5.1

Install: the Darthmod as per installation Instruction - you said you studied these two times so it should not be a problem!

open his file with WinRAR (not winzip!!!) and copy his files as per instruction in the advised folders! There is also a script file to be placed - at the same location I told you - above! also I think he included some startposition files - which you also place according instruction.

Load the game - it should work!!! (otherwise you may have a corrupt download)

If you meant the Darthmod Ultimate Commander: come back again for questions! - of course also if you can't get the DM Empire to work

I hope that works for you ..good luck..."

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Empire crashing after trying darthmod

Right.

There are special instructions for 64 bit users-have you followed those? Ie you must manually browse the installer target to the ETW folder, not use the default option. If you have not done this the mod will not work.

So you have done the following already (if yes do it again to make sure)

1.Uninstall DMUC 6.2 and make sure all the files are gone-including DMUC folder in the ETW scripts folder
    (for windows 7 this is something like roaming/application data/the creative assembly/empire/scripts-that is just a guess though as I have XP)
    Do not be afraid to delete a file if you think it might have something to do with DMUC-the next step will fix that.

2.Verify ETW with Steam

3.Check vanilla ETW works-play a custom battle or two turns of a campaign

4.Reinstall DMUC 6.2 from a fresh download.Following the special 64-bit procedure as outlined above.

I realise you may already have done this, but so that I know exactly where you are, I would suggest you do it again. Report back with what happens.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 19, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Empire crashing after trying darthmod

Here is the path for the script files on Win7:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts