Thread: Merging Mini-Mods into BB?

Default Merging Mini-Mods into BB?

Taiji was curious w/ some of the great mini-mods recently made by others, if you would consider integrating them into your next BB update? Such Mods as "Scottish skin mod", "Faction Selection CTD Fix 1.0", "1180 Kingdom of Jerusalem", "Sound Fix for DLV 6.2?"

Would be easier, that way it makes things less complicated while trying to install all these on our own & raising the risk of problems/CTDs occurring.

Just a thought.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

Default Re: Merging Mini-Mods into BB?

I can tell you in an instant that no sound mod can be merged. BB, for some reason, doesn't like modifications made to the sound files after it has been installed. I've merged music from SS 6.3 and some from my personal library into DLV, and I had to do it before installing BB. After, and it kept causing a CTD. It's why Taiji tells everyone to run DLV 6.2 at least once before installing BB - to build the sounds. Well, all of this stands unless he's found the solution and I haven't read about it, in which case ignore my post .

Forever Knight's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni View Post
    I've merged music from SS 6.3 and some from my personal library into DLV, and I had to do it before installing BB. After, and it kept causing a CTD.
    It doesnt cause a crash on my pc
    did you delete music.dat/.idx before running DLV6.2???

No, I mean, you cannot change the music after installing BB. If you try to, it ends up causing a CTD for some odd reason. Taiji doesn't know why, and it's the reason why he tells people to run DLV 6.2 before installing BB - something in it breaks the sounds, if you don't run DLV 6.2 first, the sounds don't get built and you won't be able to hear everything you should.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Yep, no idea why sounds can't rebuild in BB.

TMSKILZ, I already merge compatible mods into BB. The scottish skins one looks like it can fit. I'll check Gfortune's work before I next update to see if anything can be included. The other 2 have to applied in different ways to installing BB, so they aren't going in but maybe I'll link to them and recommend.
    Last edited by Taiji; October 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM.

oh ok, kool Taiji, great work.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

KoJ could be added as an optional mod.

I give my permission for merging my mod.