Thread: two Thebes with same internal name

Default two Thebes with same internal name

I have noticed that both the Thebes in Boiotia and the one in Egypt have the same internal name in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt files.

But the one in Egypt should have internal name ThebAs, as it is in descr_regions.txt. This sometimes result in the "could not find settlement in stringtable" error. I say sometimes because the 1-turn campaign in my submod (link in my signature) works flawlessly, while some other campaigns (such as the Roman one) give the stringtable error.

Any informations about this matter? I thought all imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt and descr_regions.txt files were the same for all campaigns.

Maybe I could fix this by editing all imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement files and setting one of the two Thebes to become ThebAs. This is the most sensate solution, but is there any risk that it could break the game or the scripts?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; October 19, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: two Thebes with same internal name

I've posted the problem in the dev part of the forum.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Ok, thank you!

I'll make a temporary fix changing one internal name to ThebAs, if you have news from other developers, let me know.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Well, if it's a problem then it will be included with the patch (whenver that comes out).

I know dvk901 is still working on the fix to the 'revolt CTD' as there are some circumstances where this can still be triggered in RSII (when the government building is damaged as part of a siege or natural disaster).

If I see an response I will post back here.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Thank you very much Brusilov!

Some more info to spot the (possible) problem: (icrsan is imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt for short)
    -the only campaign that crashed was the Roman campaign. It had two {Thebes} in icrsan, but one ThebEs and one ThebAs in decr_regions.
    -all other campaigns had two {Thebes} in ircsan and both cities had two Thebes also in descr_regions.txt.

Of course, it might have been caused by some things I did, but anyway having two cities with the same internal name is not good for stability, imho.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

All of the campaigns EXCEPT the Roman campaign use the exact same map. In that map, Thebes, as you pointed out is duplicated, because there were in fact two cities with that name. It was never any issue except in the Roman campaign, where the script couldn't tell the difference between the two 'Thebes'. So in the Roman campaign the internal name was changed to 'Thebas' and the in-game name to 'Thebas'.....which is sorta correct, as Thebes apparently could be referred to as Thebais, Thebes or Thebas.
    Bear in mind that the Roman map (in the Roman Campaign only) is totally different from the others. Some region names are different, and all the associated map files are different, and there are different hidden_resources. So the others can't be mixed up with it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

So there is no problem even if there are two cities with the same internal name? Well, that's good to know, thanks.

The CTD in my submod then was definitely caused by me using the icrsan of other campaigns in the roman campaign.

Can you please post here the roman campaign imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file so I don't have to reinstall the whole mod? Thanks in advance.