Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager Switcher

Default Re: Pack File Manager Switcher

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloa View Post
    How to make a mod of pack file of technologies_table & units_table....?And i cant open technologies_table can any one help,,...?

I have gotten a few of those. For me its a null pointer exception meaning that a method is trying to access an object that has not been created/initialised, or simply isnt there. Essentially, its pointing to nothing....if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Hmm... go in your PFM\DBFileTypes folder, open DBFileTypes_1.txt (keep a backup), find Technologies block and move it at the top of the txt:

Thank you for answer. The technologies_tables open now.

Doesn't switch to ETW when I use the shortcut.

I even copied the DBfiletypes into the main folder myself and it still keeps asking where the NTW data folder it.

I am using the mod TAR 2.0 and i am trying to modify the musket ranges. i tried using db editor and PFM. Both times i saved the files and opened them agian to make sure the numbers changed. When i load the game, the ranges are not affected. What am i doing wrong?

The file i edited was TARcore which one of the modders said was the correct file to edit. The problem i have is they told me to us PFM but the new PFM says "The DB table editor in PackFileManager has been superceded by DBEditor, which you can download from: blah blah blah" It wont let me edit it. So i tried the ETW NTW PFM switcher, edited the files, and still nothing changes in the game.

+ rep if you can help me.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    ... So i tried the ETW NTW PFM switcher, edited the files, and still nothing changes in the game.
    That means you are doing something wrong.

+ rep if you can help me.
    If you like somebody's work you can rep him. Rep is not used as a "fee". It is not polite at all the way you you use it...
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 10, 2011 at 04:43 AM.

Any plans to include latest info we got from CA into this editor? would be great to have it all in one place, thx

why?I can not open the units-tables on the DUMC-core.pack

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah it'd be cool if we could get 100% completed PFMs

I downloaded this, and originally it worked, but now it isn't going back to ETW.
    Good job on the manager though.

What you mean it does not going back? You switch to ETW and cannot open ETW packs? Perhaps your files are messed, so re-download it again.

husserlTW: any plans to update ETW descriptions to at least NTW level?

orfeas_trivium's Avatar Libertus

Hey Husserl! I've downloaded the file but once I launch the .exe it comes up with this error:
    I guess that it is a stupid mistake of mine but unfortunately i'm not experienced enough to solve it Any ideas?

The message says that cannot find DBFileTypes_0.txt. All DBFileTypes are in DBFileTypes\ETW fro Empire and DBFileTypes\NTW for Napoelon. So if, for example, you select Switch to ETW the files wil be copied from DBFileTypes\ETW to DBFileTypes\. If this is not happening in your case do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    What you mean it does not going back? You switch to ETW and cannot open ETW packs? Perhaps your files are messed, so re-download it again.
    I clicked on switch to ETW.exe, then it went to where it was supposed to. However, when I attempted to go into the PFM, it stays on Napoleon. I re-downloaded it 5 times, though. Thanks for the sugggestion. I'll just keep trying to mess with it to see if it'll work.

It will always say Napoleon because I use as basic program the Napoleon version which has more futures available(though most of the db tables of both ETW and NTW can be edited by the same PFM). If you have switched to ETW it will be actually for Empire. Try and see...

orfeas_trivium's Avatar Libertus

Thanks! Solved!

rjane04's Avatar Libertus

thanks for the tool, it's a very useful application!

Quote Originally Posted by bobowei View Post
    why?I can not open the units-tables on the DUMC-core.pack

SAME by me! I can open vanilla pack /units_tables/
    But not ANY mod packs / units_tables/

pls help. I really wanna work on my unit-add on .And will be use the " EasyDb for ETW ". But cant export TSV from units_tables /from mod packs/

First use the PFM that is included in EasyDb. If you still have problem that means that the mod tables were made by DbEditor which is incompatible with PFM. In this case you have to open them with DbEditor, copy the content in a spreadsheet. Comparing that with a units.tsv exported by PFM (e,g, vanilla) you will see which columns are missing (these are boolean True/False). Add them so at the end the columns in your spreadsheet are identical with those of units.tsv. When you are done delete all rows in units.tsv except the 3 first with the headers. Then copy under them the fixed rows from your spreadsheet and you'll have the mod's units.tsv compatible.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 10, 2012 at 05:21 AM.

ok, ill try. THX.
    / maybe i have som missing framenetwork. program to read tables? i am XP user/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast