Thread: Englands Secret Weapon

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

Icon7 Englands Secret Weapon

At the weekend i thought i'd try a few changes in the projectiles tables. The end result was a Puckle gun for uk that acts as a grenade launcher...Those Bl..dy colonial rebels and their french allies don't stand a chance.

The effects were remarkable...complete units devistated before reaching my lines...hoorah

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll upload the modification

Default Re: Englands Secret Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Baltizar View Post
    At the weekend i thought i'd try a few changes in the projectiles tables. The end result was a Puckle gun for uk that acts as a grenade launcher...Those Bl..dy colonial rebels and their french allies don't stand a chance.

The effects were remarkable...complete units devistated before reaching my lines...hoorah

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll upload the modification
    That's pretty funny. I'd play that mod

airlife's Avatar Laetus

I have to agree, this mod goes sound might interesting. Would make my Puckle guns much more effective, as the seem to do bugger all against enemy lines, not matter what tactics I use.

Quote Originally Posted by percydanvers View Post
    That's pretty funny. I'd play that mod
    Same, make it compatible with DMUC and the American Revolution Mod!

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

In One battle I was outnumbered 4 to 1. The french were comming strong and hard. Line Infantry had 600 per unit..cav had 200 per unit. The infantry marched towards my lines., I had only 6 infantry units (of equal strenth 600 per man), 2 heavy cavalry units, 3 puckle gun batteries( 350 Range), 2 howitzers (800 range).

The french marched in mass line. when they reached the 350 range mark the puckles set in to action. The french were totally devistated before they managed to reach my lines at musket range. Total casualties French 21,000 british 40. it was an incredible site to see, what a massacre.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon10 Re: Englands Secret Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Baltizar View Post
    In One battle I was outnumbered 4 to 1. The french were comming strong and hard. Line Infantry had 600 per unit..cav had 200 per unit. The infantry marched towards my lines., I had only 6 infantry units (of equal strenth 600 per man), 2 heavy cavalry units, 3 puckle gun batteries( 350 Range), 2 howitzers (800 range).

The french marched in mass line. when they reached the 350 range mark the puckles set in to action. The french were totally devistated before they managed to reach my lines at musket range. Total casualties French 21,000 british 40. it was an incredible site to see, what a massacre.
    ========================================================================================================================

Woow, i never had such battle in my ETW --> my congratulations for such slaughter .

Idea is good, but it should be more historical --> i though about exploding cannon balls for cannons (but such mod already exist...).

One question: i' m curious if you use my "new range for units mod" (because 350m range for puckle gun sounds familiar )?

So, you changed the projectiles_explosions table (you have made musket ball for puckle gun an exploding projectile, nice).

By the way i' m using company size unit (120 men), 600 men is about 1/3 of the regiment size --> but your option is better for the battle gameplay experience .

========================================================================================================================
    Remember of the Alamo!

plz upload it its look like funny.
    now u can rule manplz uploud it plz

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

try the same with sip magazine explosions. nothings deadlier!

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

Hi all sorry for the delay...I have been without a PC for some time and could not up load. I have managed to recreate my mod and will send it ASAP once I have re tested to make sure it still works.