Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    For me at least neither your sig' nor the first page pic's are there, just the white square with a red X I'm afraid
    ... I suppose it is time to find a new image hosting site then .

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

same for me

deleted
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 28, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The links work

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I suppose I will just stick with Imageshack .
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 28, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

are the dots settlements or hordes

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    are the dots settlements or hordes
    Both .

i see

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

what is "4000 TA" supposed to mean? TA ends around 3020 if I'm not mistaken.

honestly i am not really a big fan of more factions but actually more diversity. more factions means longer wait times and for people who have crappy processors then that means a longer wait time. but alas, good luck dude i hope the best.

It should be "0 FA", but that is just one of many things I haven't gotten around to changing yet. Very small fix though, so it can wait.

As for increased turn times do to more factions, I haven't noticed any difference at all, but I have a really good cpu. More factions is just one way I added more diversity, so if you have a crap processor that could be the least of your problems with my mods as I have added so much more. I don't know for sure though, I made these mods for me with zero thought for others and their computers. All in all though, it will probably perform the same as vanilla for peeps with a decent enough (not a decade old) computer and processor.

To present the unquiet in Gondor ater the death of Aragorn, small rebel armies could spawn... or public order falling...

It is not certain whether Ungoliant is a Maia or not. She is not listed in Valaquenta, and it is said that she came from the darkness above the skies of Arda, while the Ainur "enter" or "descended" into Arda from the Timeless halls
    Also in the Qenta Noldorinwa, [the only version of Silmarillion that was completed] it is said that Earendil in one of his voyages slew Ungoliant in the south

Quote Originally Posted by Arǭmēz View Post
    It is not certain whether Ungoliant is a Maia or not. She is not listed in Valaquenta, and it is said that she came from the darkness above the skies of Arda, while the Ainur "enter" or "descended" into Arda from the Timeless halls
    That she is not directly in Valaquenta makes sense as she is neither Vala, (good) maia or on Melkors side a.k.a the Enemies [Ungoliath though no friend at least could be the enemys enemy].
    But indirectly she is still in it
    With the Valar came other spirits whose being also began before the World, of the same order as the Valar but of less degree. These are the Maiar, the people of the Valar, and their servants and helpers. -Valaquenta: Of the Maiar

For of the Maiar many were drawn to [Melkors] splendour in the days of his greatness, and remained in that allegiance down into his darkness; and others he corrupted afterwards to his service with lies and treacherous gifts. -Valaquenta: Of the Enemies
    The Eldar knew not whence she came; but some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the Kingdom of Manwë, and that in the beginning she was one of those that he corrupted to his service. But she had disowned her Master, desiring to be mistress of her own lust, taking all things to herself to feed her emptiness - The Silmarillion, Of the Darkening of Valinor
    Thus a maiar is the best conclusion.
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 15, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Indeed it is the best conclusion but there also is a small posibility that she may was one of the other spirits that came to Arda like Bombadil and Caradhras...

Yes agreed, but can't grasp your objective in the issue? It seems to lack suggestion?
    To point out that there's a chance U. is not a maia makes no difference and alreadyded has apperently since long decided to have the Spawn of U.-faction in accordance to the ambiguity in other sources.
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 15, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

yujote's Avatar Semisalis

relese date? i wud be a beta tester just to get a sneek peek, but im not that dishonnest. i would not be a good tester.
    Check Out My Gaming Blog! (Help Wanted)

Every age starts at 1, not 0.

I am really looking forward to playing this submod when completed. I used to play The Fourth Age: The New Shadow a mod for RTW and enjoyed it alot but it had a very limited map and I always thought it would be a better mod for MTW2. Good luck and I would be happy to playtest if that would be useful.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

So how's the mod coming along

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    So how's the mod coming along
    It is pretty much done except for some human and creature skins that need to be redone. It is still in the Beta stage though seeing as I am testing and editing it all by my lonesome in my spare time. I was going to upload a new Beta over the weekend but I got stuck playing my own campaign. I played a bunch of factions for the first time ever seeing as they actually have stuff to do now. I spent half of yesterday on a campaign as the RK and I still haven't gotten bored yet. Turned out good I would say, and it will only get better after I add in some more scripts in the future.