Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

make em bad ...or good ,but with evil pupils that corrupted their legacy... heheh it 'll be a nice excuse for "evil" cults ..

throw in some radagast - nature - good shamanism cult ,as counterpart in mid-west regions and the soup 's ready for supper

since the "fourth age" is a bit vague, make a nice fan-fiction approach ..no heavy-magic/sorcery just "occult" elements for the fantasy part

ps..maybe (if the map isn't completed,also implement a dwarves' regions in rohan..the "glittering caves"..gifted to gimli by the rohirrim
    and an elven "colony" in ithilien led by legolas.. )
    Last edited by Noobio; April 24, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Default Re: Fourth Age Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    That was one of Tolkien's original ideas for them, that he mentioned in a letter. A later note, however, has Tolkien saying that they actually remained good guys, and were instrumental during the third age, as they organized rebellions and resistance against Sauron's rule in the East. Tolkien said that without them, Mordor would have had far more Evil Men to throw at the West.
    Source: The Unfinished Tales

Of course, Tolkien had a tendency to juggle around his opinions, and little was ever truly final until it was published, so whether we believe his earlier letter (bad Wizards) or his later note (good Wizards) is a matter of discussion.
    Or have both

Seriously though, probably better to just leave out any reference to them and then its really jsut everyones opinions.

This mod seems largely for alredydeds own pleasure though so whatever his opinion is will be the final cut, as it should be really and we should just be happy hes releasing it for us to play too

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

The Blue Wizards are represented by the Balchoth Clan being "enlightened" and not serving Sauron's goals of domination anymore (there is no mention of them helping during the War of the Ring so it is plausible), though they still hate Gondor and Rhovanion's descendants Rohan and Dale for past wars, so they will be a pain for everyone. I have also added Easterling rebels in Rhun to represent the Blue Wizards "enlightening" some peeps there. Those are the only two ways they are represented.

GREAT NEWS BY THE WAY! I finished the Dawn of the Fourth Age campaign yesterday! It turned out WAY better than I thought. A small bit of detail... The campaign starts before the destruction of the Ring. During the campaign there are (playable) events which play out the War of the Ring (battle of Helms Deep, Isengard destroyed, battle of Pelenor), the Ring gets destroyed, Mordor dies, yay-yay-yay, yada-yada-yada, Fourth Age begins, real game begins. The best part is the Reunited Kingdom gameplay which is quite unique. The roster and recruitment have been set up (it was a pain in the ass) so Eriador units can be recruited and have free upkeep in lands that used to belong to Arnor, and the same for Gondor units in Gondor lands. Reunited Kingdom units can be recruited in all settlements, and are the only ones recruitable and with free upkeep outside of Arnor or Gondor (new lands you capture). It really gives the feeling that it is a reunited kingdom just being born .
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 01, 2011 at 05:18 AM.

Ehm what about Aragorn? will he be the 1st High King of the Reunited Kingdom? will he get his son Eldarion??

no something not about Aragorn

Great news indeed hope it turns out better than i hope

Borussia Dortmund fan

Yes Aragorn is High King, I haven't added his son and wife yet, but I will eventually.

Certain Elven and Dwarven units are recruitable in North Ithellien and Helms Deep respectively.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 01, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I CANT WAIT

and this includes drakes and such also yes? D most of the drakes and such have skins now?

All of my work is included in one mod, so yes, all creatures are included.

I haven't been working on creature skins lately due to setting up the campaign and adding human factions, mercs, and rebels. I am quite sure no one else is currently working on them.

You're wrong, I'm working on one of the drakes
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Beta 01 of this submod has been released, PM if you want to be a Beta tester.

Your speed never cease to amaze me

Image removed.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 28, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    The Dawn of the Fourth Age (Screenshot taken after the Ring and Mordor are destroyed, Mordor and Isengard are unplayable because they always die.)

Awesome, but what about the starting positions of other factions, shouldn't they be a bit more advanced? Like shouldn't Mirkwood be mostly under the control of elves? Also a lot of eriador looks rebel now, shouldn't the all new powerful ReUK have more control?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    Awesome, but what about the starting positions of other factions, shouldn't they be a bit more advanced? Like shouldn't Mirkwood be mostly under the control of elves? Also a lot of eriador looks rebel now, shouldn't the all new powerful ReUK have more control?
    Nope, the screenshot is taken RIGHT after the Ring is destroyed. So no one has had a chance to spread yet. That said, I will probably advance Mordor more and give them some roaming armies so they are a HUGE threat right before they instantly die. Rhun will probably get one or two more regions near Dale and the Dwarves. I will probably give Dunland one or two more regions for gameplays sake (they have no allies anymore). Also Harad will get one or two more. Other than that, additional settlements, such as Elves taking Mirkwood will be scripted for the AI as turns go by, but the player will have to do it themselves.

I also plan to script in battles up until the Ring is destroyed like Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, Pelenor Fields, Dale, Lonely Mountain, Lothorien, etc. But it is all still a WIP so I don't even know how it will turn out .
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 26, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Updated the map positions;

End of the Third Age (Starting positions)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Beginning of the Fourth Age (Screenshot taken right after the Ring and Mordor are destroyed, Mordor and Isengard are unplayable because they always die.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 28, 2011 at 12:43 AM.

i cant see the pics?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Neither can I
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 28, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

none of em

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

can't see anything either

I have no idea why it isn't showing up for some. Are any of my images on the first page or my sig viewable?

Here are some direct links, not sure if it will help.

End of the Third Age (Starting positions)

http://s2.postimage.org/6gonca7qt/fa1.jpg

Beginning of the Fourth Age (Screenshot taken right after the Ring and Mordor are destroyed, Mordor and Isengard are unplayable because they always die.)

http://s2.postimage.org/6goyx1n79/fa2.jpg

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

For me at least neither your sig' nor the first page pic's are there, just the white square with a red X I'm afraid

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory