Thread: How do I make BI movement and kill rates like RTR?

Default How do I make BI movement and kill rates like RTR?

How do I make BI movement and kill rates like RTR?

I'm sure their is a simple answer and some absolute values to input (no guesswork)

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

shadowarmy75's Avatar Biarchus

I think RTR movement is slow. I think the fix you want would also tell me how to change RTR speeds.

I want my Rome Total Realism slower battle speeds in Barbarian Invasion Vanilla.

So in BI troops would march slower and kill rates would be slower allowing for a more realistic battle

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

shadowarmy75's Avatar Biarchus

Kill rates, I don't mind. But seriously, you cannot play with battle time limits on RTR. Its impossible.Before anyone is killed, the battle is over.

anyone have an idea as to how to take time limits out and make the battles slower then??

Yes. At least movement.

Go into RTW Vanilla's (The same RTW with the BI folder in it) Data folder, find descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers

Go to RTR's, copy that file and place it in your RTW-Bi's RTW/Data folder.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

In descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers you can change units speeds on the battle map. I am not sure of what we made them for 6.0, but you should be able to play with it a little bit to find it. Editing that file is pretty self-explantory, just change the numbers down a little. :wink:

If you need more help with it just ask.

EDIT: Or you can do what Ahiga said above me if you have the RTR file. That way is probably easier if your not a modder.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant