Thread: Civil War

Default Civil War

Is it possible for a Roman faction ,that is not the one you are playing as, to be outlawed?
    The reason I ask is because when I am outlawed my senate approval is about one pip thingy. In my current game as the Brutii, the Julii are kinda pitifull having only Corsica/Sardinia, their two starting Italian proviences ,I was forced to take Segesta, Mediolanium, and Patavium because the Senate wanted me to take Patavium, which turned into chaotic thing. Anyway the Scipii have only Sicily and Numidia and Thapsus and Carthage on and off. And the Senate hates them.

Sorry about any spelling.

Sig by flip2121.Quiet a good chap.
    MADNESS

Flogger's Avatar Senator

When I got outlawed as the Julii I made the Scipii my protectorates, which means they were allied with me so they were outlawed by the senate. They only stayed as my allies for 1 turn though.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Actually if the Roman AI expands enough and either atacks you or is hated by the Senate, THEY will be outlawed. This has only happened in one game for me, where the Brutii took Greece and then expanded everywherew. I am the Scipii. I stopped playing that game later but it happened.

I'm pretty sure it was that... either that or I started the war lol.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

I played a game where first I was outlawed by the Senate, then in the next turn the two other factions were outlawed too.

So I made peace with the other two factions and kicked the Senate out of Rome.

Cheers,

If I started a war on the Scipii would the Senate outlaw them? I have almost perfect Senate approval and the have only one.

Sig by flip2121.Quiet a good chap.
    MADNESS

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rutilius Rufus
    If I started a war on the Scipii would the Senate outlaw them? I have almost perfect Senate approval and the have only one.
    Do you have enough support with the people to even start the civil war? If/when you do, chances are the Senate won't like you any more, lol.

And no, I think they outlaw the aggressor.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀