Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting with the King

Default Meeting with the King

R. Alexander arrives at the (insert house name here) and seeks a meeting with (insert title here) John Pappas.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Meeting with the King

OOC: Technically his name is Ionnias Pappas now(or something like that)
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

A servant greets him at the door, leading him into a small, luxuriously fashioned room with several elegant chairs and a fireplace roaring in the corner. A portrait of the King hangs above the fireplace.

Pappas addresses Alexander from on of the chairs.

You'll have to excuse me sir, with these rebels I've yet to build more... suitable... living arrangements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man
    obviously I'm a large angry black woman and you're a hot blonde!

"It is not a problem. I am sorry for the sudden visit, but I am here for the political health of this Nation, not just a meet and greet. I know that the Senate still holds some power, but there is nothing between you and the Senate to act as a....buffer I suppose you could call it. If you are infact determined to stay King, you lack something every Monarch has. A Prime Minister."

A servant brought the two several glasses of assorted alcohol. The King took one and sipped.

Indeed, it is something that I need sorted out. It was my plan to hold elections for the office.

"With this...civil action in the South, this government is very fragile. I ask that you hold these elections as soon as possible."

Indeed. If I am assured of your support, I would like to present you with the title of Duke of Massachusetts.

"I do not support you Mr. Pappas, therefore I decline the position. But that last thing I want to see is for this country to fall to a heard of redneck slave owners, so it is either you or them. For the time being, it is you."

I hope your support is more than just *the time being*, or I may have to relieve you of your position, sir.

"You can not relieve me of a Volunteer Army in which the Massachusetts State Legislature has given to me to Command. My support for you IS for the time being Mr. Pappas. If you wish to attempt to relieve me, speak with the good men of Boston and Hartford. It was me who gained over 10,000 Volunteer soldiers for one cause only. Protect the United States."

It was granted to you with the intention of you fighting for me, which is why I signed at Boston.

"It was granted to me because I forced your hand to sign that Law. Boston will not forget that. Do not underestimate the American Citizen Mr. Pappas. They will not be pleased with the outcome of this war if you continue down this road."

You must understand my circumstance. I cannot have the possibility of anther rebellion after I quell the current one.

"I understand completely, which is why you need to reverse what you have done. The people did not fight against one King just to gain another Mr. Pappas."

I will not reverse my actions sir, they were made with forethought and planning, with full knowledge of the possible consequences.

"And those consequences will cause thousands to die. Both soldier and civilian alike will die because you had to have a title that means nothing, and if anything, is resented. I have come here and I have said what I needed to say. Good Day Mr. Pappas."

The King laughed under his breath.

Very well then, I am a benevolent King, allowing people to hold their opinions, so I will not detain you. I bid you, farewell!

Robert leaves with no expression on his face.

Alexander arrives. He waits

Two guards now meet the man, stone faced, and take him to the King.

Pappas gives a pleased half-smile and crosses his legs.

Welcome back, Mr. Alexander.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast