Thread: A Confederate Expedition

MuttonChops's Avatar Praepositus

Default A Confederate Expedition

Men of the Frontiers

Bringing with them a message of peace from the new Confederate government. Several hardy men from the Southern frontiers head North along the unsettled lands of the Indians. To begin negotiations with their leaders. For an alliance between the Natives and the Confederacy. They bring with them many gifts, several dozen white wampun belts which signifies peace. As well as some black wampun belts which signifies war....
    Last edited by MuttonChops; October 14, 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: A Confederate Expedition

As the men pass into a forest, they pick up the sound of muskets being loaded and raised, and of bows being prepared. At least two dozen armed men have surrounded the expedition, and their leader shouts in flawless English,

"Americans! You have shown great bravery - or great stupidity - in coming here, but it won't save you! You have thirty seconds to state your business or leave before we slaughter you!"

Most of the men in the expedition were uncultured and unfamiliar with diplomacy so they gripped their rifles eager to scalp a few Indians. But among them was a John Mc'Cloud a gentlemen officer of Michael Philipps' Southern Army. He raised his hands and approached the Indian, bearing the flag of the Confederacy...

"Tell me brother, is this the flag of those who seek to remove you from the lands God has given you? No, This is the flag of a new nation, not of tyranny but of freedom! I come so that we may become friends, your people and those of the Confederacy share a common goal, we want to be left alone!"

He came forward and offered a white wampun belt and unholstered his pistol.
    "It is peace I offer, not war, here have my pistol so that you may trust me. I wish to speak with your Chief, for I have brought him gifts to pay homage to his greatness. So that we may restore the friendship between our people"

Surprisingly, the man who emerges is an aged white man in a tattered officer's uniform, his pistol at his side and his saber sheathed.

"Hmm, that is not an American flag. I'm afraid I can't take you to the chiefs until you reveal your identity, however. Who are you, and what is this Confederacy you speak of?" A pause, and the man adds, "Ah, forgive me, I should introduce myself first. Simon Girty, former Patriot and Loyalist."

"My name is John Mc'Cloud, an officer of the Confederate army, and I have come to speak with your Chief, to present him with an offer of an alliance, in exchange for the end of all westwards expansion throughout your land"

"As a man of a noble native tribe, surely you will understand our plight. We come from the newly declared Confederate States of America. Surely you have seen first hand the encroachment of the people of the United States. Well we wish to help you, the people who have authored the declarations that have allowed and even encouraged this, are now at war with us. Your enemy is our enemy, by virtue of that fact alone, our interests go hand in hand. Like you we marvel at nature's beauty, we wish like you, to be left alone to grow old in our land. So I come here, with the promises of my government that upon victory, all westward expansion through your people's land will cease. And as a gesture of goodwill, our government throughout the Confederacy have already stopped all expansion to the west."
    Last edited by MuttonChops; October 14, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

"Oh? Is that so?" Girty did not sound sarcastic, indeed he sounded genuinely interested. "Well, I'm afraid I have no authority to accept that offer, but I believe the chiefs will be more than happy to do so. Come with me. At ease, men," he adds to the native warriors.

Girty leads the expedition through a snaking path in the forest, finally reaching a well-hidden camp where several dozen well armed natives are - including three men recognizable as Buckongahelas, Blue Jacket and Tecumseh, the leaders of these Natives. Tecumseh is first to notice the newcomers and the first to speak.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

Girty salutes him and speaks while retreating to the shadows...

"He is a 'Confederate' by the name of John McCloud, sir, and he has a very interesting proposal for us. I'll let him speak for himself..."

"Thank you for seeing us, we have come a long distance just to see you men, as I have already told Mr. Girty. I represent the new Confederate States of America, a confederacy of Southern states all united by a common dream of peace and democracy. Like you we wish to live in peace, but both of us cannot have peace while the belligerent state of the United States or the Kingdom of America as its called now, continues to exist. We have come to present you with an alliance between my government and your people in order to deal a crushing blow against those who wish to colonize your lands. In exchange for your help we promise to stop all westwards expansion through your lands. And as a matter of fact we have already done so in the lands of the Confederacy. We wish to extend this to the rest of the states under the control of our mutual foe so that we may live in peace. Of course as a show of our will to fight, General Thomassen of the Confederate Army has promised to send a contingency of his finest men to bolster your numbers."

"That is...interesting indeed. But what guarantee can you offer us that you will not simply renege on your agreement and move onto our lands in the future, as your fathers and grandfathers have done?"

"We are not our fathers or grandfathers, we cannot be held accountable for what our predecessors have done. I can promise you that we are in no position to betray you. We are in a war that we may very well lose and if we lose there will be no one to fight with you. We are in the same boat here, we both need each other, whether we like it or not. Though it may be of some interest to you, but if victorious we will aid you in creating an independent Indian State, with the instruments of a true democracy to bring permanent rule to your people."

All three men lean in, clearly excited.

"Your words carry truth in them. Very well - we accept."

Rebels gain:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I. Native Host:
    Commander:
    Buckongahelas
    5,200 men
    1. Native Regiment - Militia
    2. Native Regiment - Militia
    1. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    2. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    1. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry
    2. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry

II. Native Host:
    Commander:
    Tecumseh
    5,200 men
    3. Native Regiment - Militia
    4. Native Regiment - Militia
    3. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    4. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    3. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry
    4. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry

III. Native Host:
    Commander:
    Blue Jacket
    5,200 men
    5. Native Regiment - Militia
    6. Native Regiment - Militia
    5. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    6. Native Rifles - Light Infantry
    5. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry
    6. Native Cavalry Regiment - Light Cavalry
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; October 14, 2010 at 08:17 PM.