Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noooooooo!

Default Re: Noooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    what? Can you update DX 9 if you have Win07 with DX11?
    Yes. Installing DX9 on a DX11 Win7 adds to & updates the directx dll library, nothing gets overwritten. Installing earlier DX versions doesn't downgrade your DX. Remember that M2TW is a DX9 game so that's what you're going for, earlier versions are of no use. For example you can use this link to install or google for direct x9, it's recommended to download from microsoft.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

there's a problem with traits triggers associated with "GeneralWithAncKilled" which is all wrong.
    I've not been able to establish whether it's sufficient to cause a crash though.
    it fires PostBattle and only if a general with an ancilliary (a relic to be precise) gets killed.
    I've posted a suggested change on FP's traits improvement thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...83#post8273383

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Yes. Installing DX9 on a DX11 Win7 adds to & updates the directx dll library, nothing gets overwritten. Installing earlier DX versions doesn't downgrade your DX. Remember that M2TW is a DX9 game so that's what you're going for, earlier versions are of no use. For example you can use this link to install or google for direct x9, it's recommended to download from microsoft.
    yea its telling me that my directx is up to date.
    Last edited by bɑne; October 16, 2010 at 06:30 PM.

But that means you have the newest one, and you want an older one.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    But that means you have the newest one, and you want an older one.
    so is there a way to force install cause the installer is detecting what is presumably the directx 11.

I haven't actually tried, but "Yes. Installing DX9 on a DX11 Win7 adds to & updates the directx dll library, nothing gets overwritten. Installing earlier DX versions doesn't downgrade your DX. Remember that M2TW is a DX9 game so that's what you're going for, earlier versions are of no use. For example you can use this link to install or google for direct x9, it's recommended to download from microsoft. "
    Last edited by bɑne; October 16, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

sigh, err...I did use the link and when the installer is done, it told me that i don't need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    sigh, err...I did use the link and when the installer is done, it told me that i don't need to update.
    Guess you are already up to date.From
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Brief Description

The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX — the core Windows® technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.
    If you want to make sure download the DirectX end-user redistributable but I'd expect the same result.

Hey, I did say I hadn't actually tried it.

I find it strange that installing 11 makes programs that need 9 not work. More Microsoft foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan90 View Post
    I've never had a CTD after a defeat..
    Nore have I...

Quote Originally Posted by rockman4417 View Post
    Haha, it's the AI. It cheats too
    And you are defintly spanking right it does, all of our home pc's are sore losers, and cannot accept defeat, very much like a space marine... Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian I View Post
    And you are defintly spanking right it does, all of our home pc's are sore losers, and cannot accept defeat, very much like a space marine... Haha...
    Fought the battle again but put in a lot less effort -

But the AI was not as smart, and I got luckier to boot

Didn't sacrifice the spearmen at the front, so had a very formidable wall of soldiers defending the keep. The AI (bizarrely) only used one set of ladders, and after battering down the gate got stage-fright when looking at my spearmen.

After waiting a while I finally had to attack the huge host of AI soldiers patiently assembled at the bottom of the ladders.

What a mess.

Heroic victory.... and the AI was so lightheaded it forgot to CTD. It wasn't as satisfying as the close fought previous conflict though.

I cannot believe I made the mistake of calling Genoa a kingdom

If only I knew why my hitherto very decent general who has just taken Oran has been deemed a criminal and has suddenly lost all his loyalty.

And I still have no idea how to take screenies...

Quote Originally Posted by Parva Corvus View Post
    And I still have no idea how to take screenies...
    Read this Thread it's all u need to know about taking screenshots.

I just had a CTD right before a big siege battle. Three full stacks on one side, 1 1/2 stacks on the other. (For the sake of those following my AAR I won't spoil it by saying which was me) Just as the battle was loading, BAM!, CTD. At least it was before and not after. I reloaded, moved some spies and agents, etc. Redid the battle and it worked fine. I got the feeling that it was either because a) it was pushing the limits of my laptop to have 5000 men in one battle with a three-ringed detailed citadel on high graphics or b) because I'd been playing for a few hours straight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12