Thread: error 1610

Default error 1610

Hello:
    I have run into a problem while downloading Rome TW. Just as it starts downloading files (disc 1) I get an error message which reads. "error 1610. Configuration data for this product is corrupt." Then promptly crashes to the desktop. I had RTW installed about a year ago then uninstalled it. I am now trying to reinstall. I made sure every bit was uninstalled via the registry prior to reinstalling.
    Any ideas what the problem is.
    Thanks very much.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Where exactly are you downloading it?

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Hello MoRomeTe:
    I'm attempting to download it to my C/Program Files folder. I figured it might of been windows installer causing the problem. But when I reinstalled it it still didn't work.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

You do your InstallShield updates?

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Laetus

I've the same error (for franch version)...

I've done all the "good thing" to desinstall RTW (regedit stuff...)

But nothing append

Any informations about this install error ??

I have had problems installing rome again after i have had BI, my problem was that it didn't even start to install from the CD - so not exactly the same.

Anyway i fixed it by copying all the files from CD1 onto my desktop, then all new files (and only the new files ) from CD2 and CD3 so that the installer has everything it needs right there in the desktop. BTW - CD2 and CD3 have new files in the setup/data/data folder, be sure to copy these to the same directories which already exist on CD1.

(If your computer says your unable to copy then copy over one file at a time)

Laetus

Hi,

Do we have to copy all the "instalShield" files (presents on the CD1 CD2 & CD3) or not ?

I've try this (after seeing it on a thread), with replacing all the files (i.e. those used by instalShield) and this was not working, got the -1610 error...

I'll try without copying existing files...

thanx

If you can't install it from your desktop then there may be a problem with your RTW CD's or computer.

BTW don't replace any files from CD1 with anything that has the same name on CD2 or CD3. Be sure to copy the content from the setup/data/data folders from CD's 2 & 3 into the same directory from CD1 without deleting or replacing the folder from CD1.

Laetus

Again Thanks Zhuge_Liang,

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    Be sure to copy the content from the setup/data/data folders from CD's 2 & 3 into the same directory from CD1 without deleting or replacing the folder from CD1.
    I'll do this....As last hope :sweatingb

BTW, Activision support is incredibly "null" Unable to give real answer, expected "...your Disc are corrupted, go to your retailer to change your CD", ok I could be one of those "not bought CDs guys", but not I bought the CD in september (just by respect for the team whoz made this game), and I just want to have a quick solution

I gonna try ur "tips"...

bye

Quote Originally Posted by yome
    Again Thanks Zhuge_Liang,

I'll do this....As last hope :sweatingb

BTW, Activision support is incredibly "null" Unable to give real answer, expected "...your Disc are corrupted, go to your retailer to change your CD", ok I could be one of those "not bought CDs guys", but not I bought the CD in september (just by respect for the team whoz made this game), and I just want to have a quick solution

I gonna try ur "tips"...

bye

Ok, hope it works, and don't forget to copy everything that isn't on CD1 from CD's 2 and 3