im sort of new to this game series and am still learning. i am playing a game from 1938 as germany. i managed to get a lot of alliances and one of my later ones is the czech republic, who i wooed in after a coup on the starting government. its 1941 in my game now i have long taken and annexed france. when i invaded i used my troops in the north and italian and spanish troops in the south. each country began adding territory to theirs as troops moved in. the south was very quickly invaded as there were almost no french down there and then spanish and italian troops aided me in taking the rest. i ended up occupying these territories. well i recently began an invasion of britain. Cornwall was my staging pt. It was successfull but as my troops landed i notice the territory on the world map is green, not grey as me. for some reason the czechs ended up acquiring the territory. i would not be as surprised if say maybe there were Czech troops in the assaulting army but there literally were none. they are all on the eastern front. all the troops attacking Britain are from my country.

in short i was wondering what function in the game determines who gets what territory. its a little frustrating.