Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sub-Mod Feedback and Suggestions

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Suggestions for new sub-mods-and what do you think of the ones we already have?

Agreed, unfortunetely I must say impossible

Default Re: Suggestions for new sub-mods-and what do you think of the ones we already have?

I think the following idea would help DarthMod regarding the BAI.

Let our sights swerve to NTW, it has no FBR and instead higher reload times. It helps a unit to be more mobile and independent, the guys don't get "stuck" waiting for 1 officer with a pistol to shoot, the formation can turn more quickly, has no problems in cities and it is generally easier to handle for the AI -> improves it.

I wish somebody would adapt these improvements by changing FBR into a reload multiplicator and giving the tech researched to every faction from the start.

I would do it, but I don't know how. Can anybody do that?

It is simple for those who know how to do it (ie not me), and can be done as a sub-mod, but won't be done in the actual darthmod.

Some cool historical battles would be good, if anyone knows how to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    Please leave your opinions about the sub-mods we already have, and suggest new ones that you would like to play.
    With respect.I dont think there is enough information regarding install of these submods,whats the point of creating mods,that only cater for experience mod users.if a mod does not have an install program with it,I think it is a second class citizen.People like myself can mess up there entere game and system trying to go along with poor information.And dont tell me about help as posts ive put forward for help have been closed.Ive spent days repairing my system after trying these mods.never again..annoyed

That is something that is common to most mods.

They are installed by putting them in the relevent folder (as Fortes explained in the other thread) and, in the case of mod packs put into the empire_script file which can be found in your appdata. There is also a tutorial in teh DMUC launcher for adding new mods to DMUC, which is what the EIC mod is designed for.

I suggest you read through that before saying that any mod without an installer is pointless. 99% of mods on TWC must be installed manually.
    Last edited by Tango12345; December 10, 2010 at 03:03 AM.

Delating someones post,Is an attack.its also Foolish,Badmannered.and childisd.

The Eic install instructions,say nothing about any script file,or having to go into The dmuc folder..It says put 2 specific files into DMUC_C.campiagn folder and the other one in your Data folder....

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyjohn View Post
    Delating someones post,Is an attack.its also Foolish,Badmannered.and childisd.
    That some one is only the moderator

The Eic install instructions,say nothing about any script file,or having to go into The dmuc folder..It says put 2 specific files into DMUC_C.campiagn folder and the other one in your Data folder....
    Wrong, in fact you need to put 2 files in data and one in DMUC_Cmain

Now, just don't come up to me

Edit: And i don't agree with you, it's normal that the majority of the mods need to be manually installed, if this happens it's because the majoraty of them are easy to install, and if you don't know how to do it there always somebody ready to help you.
    Just one thing what does my EIC as to do with this?
    The installation instructions are on the first post and are very easy to follow.
    Last edited by ForteS; December 10, 2010 at 03:58 PM.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

It is also foolish, badmannered, and childish to criticize someone's work without bothering to notice that basically everyone else has done the exact same thing.

There's a certain type of .pack that doesn't require script editing. I think Fortes used that, so there's nothing wrong with his instructions.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

None of your posts in this forum have been deleted. I know this, because if they had, I would have been the one who deleted them. Threads have been locked AS PER THE MODDERS REQUEST, but no posts are deleted.

rodneyjohn I've asked Tango to close that thread because it wasn't the main one of the mod, i was trying to help you and i would have continue helping but in the EIC thread.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Elmar's Avatar Senator

I would like to see a mod that puts emphasis on the naval game.
    As in, the AI focussing primarily on ship building and little going on on the land war side.
    I am kinda done with fighting land battles. In DMUC as it is now, even going up against a major faction you can get a handful of good naval battles and then the opposition dries up. Little or no ships will be built, even if I leave that enemy alone. If the AI could be prodded to keep churning out fleets for me to engage instead of spamming me with land armies that I can defeat blindfolded, that would be fantastic.
    To Subaltern: Yes, every junior officer may carry a Field Marshal's baton in his knapsack, but we think you'll discard that to make room for an extra pair of socks before very long.
    Wipers Times

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey, Awesome freaking mod guy, I love it. Im taking a break from Napoleon right now cuz it got so boring. I was wondering if there could be a way to incorporate a night mod, better cannon ball explosions, and to get rid of the flags ob the battle map? Then it would be really CLASSIC! LOL! I have all that in Napoleon and just wondering if it would be possible to re-route a couple of things.
    Thanks

You can get rid of the battlemap flags by going to the in battle options and removing them there.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    You can get rid of the battlemap flags by going to the in battle options and removing them there.
    SOrry, Im talking about the flags actually in the battle. Thanks

Excellent Darth, Downloading Time Now! Great work. How about a Night Mod, Cannon Ball Explosions, and the Flags when doing Battle. Thanks, and great work!

I'm talking about the flags in the actual battle as well, and please don't repeat your posts.

We already have artillery effects we are happy with, and night mods do not exist as far as I am aware. Even if they did, it is not something likely to be incorporated into DMUC.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    I'm talking about the flags in the actual battle as well, and please don't repeat your posts.

We already have artillery effects we are happy with, and night mods do not exist as far as I am aware. Even if they did, it is not something likely to be incorporated into DMUC.
    Sorry about that dude. But the night mod does exist, I have it for napoleon. Just one question. In napoleon I just put it in my data folder, with DMUC would it go somewhere else or into the Empire data?
    Thanks

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyjohn View Post
    With respect.I dont think there is enough information regarding install of these submods,whats the point of creating mods,that only cater for experience mod users.if a mod does not have an install program with it,I think it is a second class citizen.People like myself can mess up there entere game and system trying to go along with poor information.And dont tell me about help as posts ive put forward for help have been closed.Ive spent days repairing my system after trying these mods.never again..annoyed
    I don't think copying 2 files from one directory to an other requires any modding skill at all.