Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC savegame CTD

Default [UNRESOLVED] DMUC savegame CTD

Hi,

I'm playing Custom Campaign (turn 24) and now when I want to load my campaign it results in a CTD, no matter if it's autosave, quicksave or the normal savegame.
    I'm sure I have a clean install of ETW and I verified it via Steam. I use Windows 7 but I had the same problem with Windows XP (back then I also tried reinstalling Darthmod) - at some point I just can't load the savegames of my campaign anymore.

Hope you can help me.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: DMUC savegame CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar_Barca View Post
    Hi,

I'm playing Custom Campaign (turn 24) and now when I want to load my campaign it results in a CTD, no matter if it's autosave, quicksave or the normal savegame.
    I'm sure I have a clean install of ETW and I verified it via Steam. I use Windows 7 but I had the same problem with Windows XP (back then I also tried reinstalling Darthmod) - at some point I just can't load the savegames of my campaign anymore.

Hope you can help me.
    Save-game bug.
    There's nothing to do.
    Be happy that it's only on turn 24, some have it around turn 120...
    Be sure to have multiple save files and switch between those somethimes.

Well, that's the thing: I have quite a few save files and not one of them works. I just tried to load the campaign from six different files (normal save, autosave, quicksave, ranging from turn 24 to turn 1). That's why I don't feel like starting another campaign.

I'm thinking about switching to the American Revolution Mod. I already know that they use the same AI as Darthmod. Just one question: Are the battles similiar to DMUC because that's one of the main things I liked about Darthmod (the unit size, the tweaks in firing range and deadliness of volleys etc.)

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar_Barca View Post
    Well, that's the thing: I have quite a few save files and not one of them works. I just tried to load the campaign from six different files (normal save, autosave, quicksave, ranging from turn 24 to turn 1). That's why I don't feel like starting another campaign.

I'm thinking about switching to the American Revolution Mod. I already know that they use the same AI as Darthmod. Just one question: Are the battles similiar to DMUC because that's one of the main things I liked about Darthmod (the unit size, the tweaks in firing range and deadliness of volleys etc.)
    I don't know, but I'm sure that the Dark Lord himself can help you

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    I don't know, but I'm sure that the Dark Lord himself can help you
    I hope so or I have to join the rebellion

it shouldn't matter but were the savegames created before a version update?? e.g campaign started 6.0 and then carried over to 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by ¤Axel¤ View Post
    it shouldn't matter but were the savegames created before a version update?? e.g campaign started 6.0 and then carried over to 6.2.
    No nothing like that. I resetted my system a couple of days ago so all programs just have been installed.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Could be that some of the pack files are not loading properly and if that contains units or other things that are in the savegame you get CTD
    ceck the script file

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    Could be that some of the pack files are not loading properly and if that contains units or other things that are in the savegame you get CTD
    ceck the script file
    Could you please explain that to me? I don't really know what I'm supposed to do.

nOObKiLLa's Avatar Civis

I had a few of these but I managed to fix it by either going into the diagnostic in the splash/startup .exe launcher of DM/DMUC.
    Go to options on the start up, diagnostic, enable ADV diag options, reset DMUC user scripts.
    Try and load the save game again.
    Failing that go a verify the game cache file through steam in the game properties.
    Try and load the save game.
    Failing that repeat the reset of the scripts then verify the game cache files immediately after.
    Failing that go to the same diag options as step 1, but instead of resetting the script, press reinstall.
    Try again.
    Failing that, do the above step then immediately verify the game cache files.
    Try and load again.
    Failing that, reinstall DMUC.

Hope that works for you and I hope you can understand my ramblings.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Nice work nOObkilla. I had a crash at turn 235 (4tpy) thanks to a wierd thing that happend with the puckle guns. Every single save about 20 of them where unloadabl, had a quick read here and option 1 on your list the reset userscript worked. Happy days. Rep for you sir cheers.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Old thread i know but noobkilla you just saved my ass. Option 1 did it for me too!

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nOObKiLLa View Post
    I had a few of these but I managed to fix it by either going into the diagnostic in the splash/startup .exe launcher of DM/DMUC.
    Go to options on the start up, diagnostic, enable ADV diag options, reset DMUC user scripts.
    Try and load the save game again.
    Failing that go a verify the game cache file through steam in the game properties.
    Failing that repeat the reset of the scripts then verify the game cache files immediately after.
    Failing that go to the same diag options as step 1, but instead of resetting the script, press reinstall.
    Try again.
    Failing that, do the above step then immediately verify the game cache files.
    Try and load again.
    Failing that, reinstall DMUC.

Hope that works for you and I hope you can understand my ramblings.
    an oldie but a goodie...I seem to get corrupted saves alot, but this process saves me everytime...nOObKiLLa is pure win!

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC savegame CTD

sadly I joined the savegameCTD club(((((((

my question:if I verify the game cache,will it delete the mod files?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

It should not, but reinstall DMUC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    It should not, but reinstall DMUC anyway.
    I have to redownload it,right?

EDIT:the reset user script worked btw
    Last edited by Fracchione; January 27, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

If the reset user script worked and you are not getting CTDs, there is no need to verify ETW or reinstall DMUC.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    If the reset user script worked and you are not getting CTDs, there is no need to verify ETW or reinstall DMUC.
    but in the case it is needed?I am scared that the monster will appear again!

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Then you reset the scripts again.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Got a Russian campaign to turn 100. Save wouldn't load. Now started a Prussian campaign. Im nearly at turn 150 and now this won't load either. Ive tried resetting the script - nothing. Reinstalling the script - nothing. This is pretty much the one thing that ruins the game for me. Just sucks to work so hard to get to the stage where you've emerged as a super-power and are ready for conquests en masse in the late game only to have everything ruined by some stupid save bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast