Thread: Rtw with bi ai?

Default Rtw with bi ai?

Hi if I have installed bi will the new hardcoded ai be used in vanilla rtw

I doubt it, but i hope it did.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

make a copy of your BI shortcut and add "-mod:" (without the ""), this way the BI exe will play the vanilla campaign and use the AI optimizations.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Zarax could you explain that in more detail? All i do is add -mod: nothing after the : ? Thanks -Leon

Exactly, that's the modified link I use: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:

Of course if you want other specific BI features you need to mod the campaign files... Or use borsook's RTWEP
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

kk thanks -Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    make a copy of your BI shortcut and add "-mod:" (without the ""), this way the BI exe will play the vanilla campaign and use the AI optimizations.
    Zarax, I hate to be a dense pest, but I'm not sure I'm tracking here. Copying the BI shortcut into the RTW folder and adding -mod to the end of it causes the original campaign to run using the BI engine? What features make the transition? Night battles? Loyalty? Emergent factions? Religions? Is it simply a matter of moving the relevant text files from BI to the RTW folder to enable those features? Please clarify.

Yes, the original campaign will run on the BI engine and benefit from small improvements (slightly better AI), but everything else requires modding to be enabled.

Borsook is doing that with his RTWEP, meanwhile I manage a small add-on for XGM that enables the use of swimming and BI formations on the RTW campaign.
    It's not a matter of simply moving files between on campaign and the other, as they are too different for such a port, but you can slowly add features by comparing RTW files with their BI equivalents and editing them accordingly.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think I'll just be lazy and offer to supply Borsook with beer while he does his conversion mod, then leech off his work.