Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction Previews!!

Default Faction Previews!!

THE ILERGETES

An old and toothless fighter, in the lost city of Attanagrum, recounts to his grandchildren the tale of how, in days gone by, the tribe of the Ilergetes ruled over plains and hills beyond the Iber, between the sea and the great mountains. Yet one day the gods extinguished their power, and their people were sundered.

Some, who are now called Ilergavones, stayed by the pale beaches, earning their living from the sea. Others, the Red Ilergetes, raised cities between the great River Iber and the mountains of the Pyrenees. They have grown in power, nigh on to that of their ancestors. Their capital Iltirta (Ilerda), the City of the Wolf, is situated on a promontory upon the River Sicoris, and is surrounded by fruit trees and fertile fields.

To Iltirta and the other oppida of the Ilergetes come valuable commodities such as ceramics and weapons, and above all the knowledge of the Greeks, from the Hellenic colonies of Emporion and Rhodes.

The Ilergetes bend all the neighbouring tribes to their will; the Sedetani, Suessetani, and Ausetani. They plunder and pillage their lands, for they are a warlike people that rejoice in battle. They do not just fight as do the other Iberians, but also formed tight serried phalanxes, and thrust spear over shield rim in the manner of the Greeks.

Their valour is well known to their Carthaginian allies, to whose crescent
    standard the young men of the Ilergetes have long rallied, while calling upon their god, Neto, to aid them. Wolves always run with wolves, even though they may have come from across the sea, in grim-prowed ships.

P.D= Here I'll post all the previews
    Last edited by <--Viriato-->; December 16, 2005 at 02:07 PM.

Wow, I really like it.

Hope I am allowed to post in this thread...

Edited by Viriato: Of Course, you are!!
    Last edited by <--Viriato-->; December 16, 2005 at 02:35 PM.

excellent! keep it up! i can't wait to play this mod.... twill be class!
    [LEFT]Blue Lotus
    zulu tw trait/ancilliary progress-bar: (*******___________)
    Zulu Total War

THE GREEK COLONIES

The Greeks have always been avid adventurers, confident in their own abilities. They know that from the fickle gods, if they exist, they can expect few
    favours and perhaps even madness and pain. Therefore a Greek only relies on his own natural abilities, his intelligence and valour.

It is hardly surprising that, distressed by their suffering in the parched, confining and rugged terrain of Greece, many poor folk have already trusted their
    fates to Tyche (Fortune); have already launched themselves beyond the brutality of some greedy and cruel tyrant and into the wine-faced sea (as the blind
    poet would say), in their black ships, seeking new lands.

Phocians, Corinthians, Argives, Samians, and many other peoples from among the Dorians, Ionians and
    Aeolians, have filled the island of Trinakia and all the land s of the west with rich cleruchies and prosperous markets. Thus were born sweet Sybaris,
    industrious Tarentum, and wealthy Syracuse; and yet more colonies: Massalia, the Gateway to the West, and Emporion and Rhodes beside the warlike Iberian tribes.
    The Caduceus (herald’s staff) of Hermes, if Hermes dwell in Olympus and be not an old tale, has laid an extensive web upon the Mediterranean. Along the
    threads of that web sail hundreds of galleys, big and small, and scores of transport vessels, heavy and light, carrying the products of Greek ingenuity to every corner of the known world.

All such ventures entail risk, and all markets are watched by greedy and covetous eyes. First the Etruscans, then the Carthaginians, and lately the
    Romans, have decided that the Greeks are a great hindrance to them, and must not be permitted to grow any more.
    Therefore Ares, if Ares be anything more than the fair dream of a hoplite, has taken the place of the son of Maia and his frosty eyes already examine angrily the
    deeds of men from the lair of Scylla to beyond the Pillars of Hercules (i.e. the Straits of Gibraltar). Already the warlike paean resounds in the throats of
    the bronze-clad men of Greece, and the Earth shakes to the rhythmic tramp of companies of dense phalanxes; while in Hades, if there be a Hades, the shadows stir, expectant and anxious.

this keeps getting better! i love the crossbow guys.... good animation as well and the hoplites with the cloth on thier shields adds a good touch.... i hope to see more
    [LEFT]Blue Lotus
    zulu tw trait/ancilliary progress-bar: (*******___________)
    Zulu Total War

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    this keeps getting better! i love the crossbow guys.... good animation as well and the hoplites with the cloth on thier shields adds a good touch.... i hope to see more
    Yea, the hoplite with cloth on their sheilds are GREAT!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

THE CELTS

Where the North Wind first blows across the Iberian Peninsula live many tribes who are all offshoots of the great Celtic mother oak
    of nations. The Vaccei, once poor sheep herders, are the most famous because of the richness of their wheat fields. Every year the rulers of their extensive
    cities - Intercatia, Pallantia, Arbocala - administer the fields that are watered by Pisoraca and the River Douro when it swells. Their granaries are always
    replete with grain, and this arouses the envy of the “Tribes of the Cliff-face”, the Cantabrii and Asturi that dwell by Astura, between the high northern peaks and the sea.

These Celts are a hardy folk, inured to cold, heat and hunger. In this they are like the Galicians, another folk that live farther to the west, in lands of
    chestnut trees, birches and raging storms. These fierce and indomitable people are wont to fight amongst themselves and with their neighbours, the
    Turmogi, Varduli, Caristii, Autrigoni and Basques. They fiercely invoke their god, Erudino, calling on him to grant them bravery in battle. All who have
    heard tell of the Celts fear them, even if they live at the ends of the Earth!
    Indeed, who would not quake in terror of such savage men, who are able to embrace death and fling themselves alive into a bonfire, singing songs of war,
    in order to avoid a shameful captivity? What man, however valiant, would be able to stand fast in the shieldwall before a skilful hail of javelins from a Cantabrian circle?

It would be a gruelling task to conquer these folk. The Cantabrii say that the waves of the ocean will reach the sanctuary of their goddess at Mount Vindio
    before Roman arms will!

Last edited by <--Viriato-->; December 17, 2005 at 06:28 AM.

Is it me, or do some of your greeks carry crossbows? With my limited knowledge on ancient Iberia, I'd say that is not entirely correct.

Rome Total Realism forum moderator.

It's not a crossbow, it's a gastraphetes, ancient precursor of the medieval crossbow, used by the greeks in sieges.
    And about the corynthian helms, The Greek colonists of Spain were very backward if we make a comparison with the greeks of Greece .

Edited: Another thing, All the IBERIAN factions have been studied by specialized historians. In next versions, we want to recruit people to make carthaginians and romans.

Greetings
    Last edited by <--Viriato-->; December 17, 2005 at 06:51 AM.

So there will be further versions? Cool.

Yes, we will make an Iberian peninsula map, we will delete the 2 gaul factions, italic peoples, numidians and we will make more iberian factions (Carpetans, Oretanians, Vetonians and we will split the celtic factions into Cantabrians, gallaecians and asturians)

Greetings

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Looks cool!
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

I want to download this! When is it ready?

Hey, Viriato. Good to see that we got the previews done at last! Good work, amigo.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by <--Viriato-->
    Edited: Another thing, All the IBERIAN factions have been studied by specialized historians. In next versions, we want to recruit people to make carthaginians and romans.

Greetings
    if i may make a suggestion why dont you get permission to use lusteds romans, as they are accurate and the best ever

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Perhaps also instead of 'The Italian Peoples' you could have an actual faction like the Samnites? Similarly, it might be better to make 'the Greek Cities' just Syracuse, and make the others rebel provinces.

That is very nice work keep it going.

Default Re: Faction Previews!!

Real nice list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast