Thread: Issue with (Pergamon) One-turn Campaign

Icon4 Issue with (Pergamon) One-turn Campaign

Hello everyone,

I started playing the Pergamon one-turn campaign today and there were some issues.
    First of, I couldn't disable the battle timer, is this intentional in one-turn or has it got something to do with my installation?
    Second, when I went into a battle, I couldn't turn off the fire at will for my Greek Archers and Thraikan Hippeis.
    And finally, my income suddenly went from around 12000 to -2900 in one turn, and I don't understand why, seeing as how I didn't recruit that many units.

I play with the BI.exe, and had the One-turn Campaign option selected in the launcher.

I hope someone can help!

Many thanks

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Issue with (Pergamon) One-turn Campaign

First of all welcome to the forum.

The battle timer should be able to be set at the start of the campaign (I think). It does not appear to be in the preferences.txt file. You may be able to press escape and change the game options in-game. I'm not sure if that will mean that you need to change it for every battle though.

For the loss of income it could be caused by any number of things - loss of trade or all trade for instance, or the governors could have picked up some very nasty retinues/traits (which can be cuased by something the Faction Leader has done).
    Last edited by Brusilov; October 12, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    First of all welcome to the forum.

The battle timer should be able to be set at the start of the campaign (I think). It does not appear to be in the preferences.txt file. You may be able to press escape and change the game options in-game. I'm not sure if that will mean that you need to change it for every battle though.

For the loss of income it could be caused by any number of things - loss of trade or all trade for instance, or the governors could have picked up some very nasty retinues/traits (which can be cuased by something the Faction Leader has done).
    Thanks for the welcome
    I know the battle timer should be set at the start of the campaign, I always was able to do so in 0-turn. The thing is, the only thing I can set at the start is the battle-style (arcade or not). I've added a picture to show what I mean.

@Brusilov, I'd +rep you if I knew how
    There should be three more options at the place the black arrow is pointing.

EDIT: Well, today I re-installed everything, and though I still couldn't set anything but Arcade-style battles, battle-time limit is suddenly disabled form start and the fire at will button once again works. It mau have had something to do with editing the preferences.txt Micromanage all settlements to TRUE before I started.
    Either way, the thread can be closed I think.
    Last edited by Yormundgandr; October 12, 2010 at 04:17 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I think what happens is that the interface used by RTW is different to the one with RTW BI - I think the battle timer may be one of those. It's either that or something buried in the 1-turn cmapaign. I've not used the RTW exe for a mod for a long time - either using the RTW BI or RTW Alex exes.

I'm not sure what happens if you mess up the editing of the preference.txt file - I must have done it in the past. Just edting the file should not cause you problems.

The bit about not being able to turn off the 'fire at will' does sound strange - it's almost as if something has happened to your install to corrupt it (slightly).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Ah, I guess I wasn't completely clear there, it didn't work correctly when I had not edited the preferences file and after I reinstalled and edited it, everything suddenly worked fine. So I'm guessing you're correct about my first install somehow becoming corrupted.