Thread: DMUC CTD before it loads :S

Default DMUC CTD before it loads :S

I recently reformatted and re-installed ETW and DMUC. I went ingame once to test out the increased smoke effetcs (which i never knew existed last time i played) and found the game too laggy on the max settings i put the game at. So i quit, went into DMUC options, turned smoke off and clicked the Grand Campaign button.

It starts booting ETW, but at the loading screen it gives me a "Empire.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." then CTD's I've tried putting the effects (smoke, etc) back on that i had originally when it loaded, but to no avail.

I've never had problems with this mod before, so i wonder what's going on here. The game is verified as i have the same steam account as i did when i originally activated it.

Any ideas? I was looking forward to starting a new campaign tonight >_<

Empire boots up normally, without DMUC. But the DMUC does not, i'll have a go at uninstalling then reinstalling it while i await people's responses.

The game info is V1.5.0 Build 1332.21992

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: DMUC CTD before it loads :S

The game info is V1.5.0 Build 1332.21992
    Assuming the game is fully updated it should be 1.6, but CA didn't update the build number.

Uninstall DMUC, then verify ETW with steam (follow the instructions in the FAQ-just because you have the same steam account does not mean that the game is 100% working-verification is more like "repairing" it. Then Reinstall DMUC then tell us what happens

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: DMUC CTD before it loads :S

The easiest way to know that your game is up to date: you must have patch5.pack file in .../Empire Total War/data folder