Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Submod: Carl - Economy for Runaways

Default Re: Submod: Carl - Economy for Runaways

Thats great, I'll give it a whirl!

Any chance of making this script for TATW 1.4.1?

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Would be easy. You just need it for 1.41 or the latest version too? Can release it later today if wanted.

Problem: I just have TATW 2.1 (not installed) on my PC. I would need the campaign_script of the version You need. Itīs found in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Without any submods that change it would be nice.

EDIT,EDIT: ...and the EDB of course. Should be in the data folder.

Edit #2: Just saw why You mean the 1.41 version - because the RR/RC version? So i will need those files of course. Would be nice to get the 2.1 ones too without any submod. (So i donīt have to install anything)
    Last edited by Fred Putz; February 20, 2011 at 03:37 AM.
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!

Yes. ^^

I only play stuff with RR/RC. I have BC 2.2 or something too, but the stats are weird.

I don't have TATW 2.1. Here are the EDB and campaign_script.

I had to compress the EDB since it's 1.2 MB and there's a limit of 1 for attachments. It's only 30 KB now, which is suspicious. I hope I did it right.

You should definitely make a Carl for TATW. Releasing the one I gave you is not a good idea since I deleted a bunch of stuff from the campaign_script.

Thanks!

Here we go. If anything doesnīt work - just report it.

I left out the papal_states (Sauron) and replaced all factions that already had a money_script. Couldnīt test it obviously.

Erm - thatīs just this one time. I thought the files could be uploaded for others to use too.

(Perhaps You could upload a backup or something like that for the TATW RR/RC version? Then i could start a thread and ask for the 2.1 files )

EDIT again: Saw that minipatch from the 13th August. Thereīs a campaign_script (ok there are two) - is Your EDB edited too? That would be the only missing file then.
    Last edited by Fred Putz; February 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Suggestions

RockīnīRoll!

That's what I meant when I said you should make Carl for TATW. Give the files to everyone because a lot of people play 1.4.1. As you can see, the TATW RR/RC thread is very active.

I had TATW 1.3 for a while and played that, then I started SS with RR/RC, then I went back and got the TATW 1.4 patch (adds the Balrog, which I never see anyway, since I disabled the garrison script), followed by RR/RC for TATW, which made it 1.4.1. I don't remember editing my EDB. What file is missing?

Thanks a lot. I will put the script in when I start a new campaign.

If I've made a back-up of the campaign script, I can't find it.

Did you take out the money bonuses the AI got? I think you should put a full, clear explanation of what Carl does on the first page.
    Last edited by k/t; February 20, 2011 at 06:29 PM.

I definitely want to use Carl script for TATW when I finally complete this next SS update.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I definitely want to use Carl script for TATW when I finally complete this next SS update.
    Woohoo! This is excellent news for TATW
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Did you take out the money bonuses the AI got?
    I havenīt seen any. Ok some difficulty related kings_purse, some additional money if armies will be spawned, perhaps some events, sacking script, etc...

Donīt want to change everything because of the different economy. In the end Carl can handle that all. Worked with 6.2 RR/RC too. Main features will work everytime: freezing the recruitment for bankrupt factions and permanent AI-settlement development. Of course some things could be optimised like PB does in this RR/RC version.

Initially my idea was to release it as resource for everyone to use - have done it that way of course. Matches good with a bit of laziness.

Had a look at the TATW forums yesterday - pew there are many bigger submods. Perhaps everyone has a changed campaign_script/EDB. No clou how many people play 1.41 RR/RC or vanilla 2.1 or one of the other submods. I have already finished implementing Carl to 1.41 RR/RC with the campaign_scripts of the patch and the EDB of k/t yesterday. I guess i will release it untested and let myself beeing surpised what will happen.

...when I finally complete this next SS update.
    Of course finishing the work on the StSt RR/RC version is much more important - before You become the next CA AI Programmer.

Edit: Wonīt release in the TATW forums for now. Wanted to start a poll - but i was too stupid. That thread has to be at page three or four before i will release anything there.

But as RR/RC fans are everywhere - here we go. For the 13. August Update of TATW
    Last edited by Fred Putz; February 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Suggestions

RockīnīRoll!

If that's based on the official file, you should post a message in the TATW RR/RC thread to tell them to get it here.

Hmm i just did it.

Link
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Suggestions

RockīnīRoll!

PB, when you put Carl in TATW, can you also enable ports for the regions around the Sea of Rhun? Here's a thread about it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...40#post7657840

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345