Thread: ambush

Templedog's Avatar Biarchus

Default ambush

I find ambushes to be rare. I can have a army waiting in the trees for 10 turns, just to have some AI army walk right by them! Then they see me and attack me regularly. When they do work out it is very enjoyable But, none the less, it is rare :/

First you need to know good hot spots to have your troops for the ambush. Greece has crap for trees. I like to play with the gaul and juli.

Anyone have any thoughts on ambushes? I thought it was going to be a big part of the game, but I guess I'm alittle disapointed.

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

Doing an ambush requires certain luck and also a place where its so narrow a pass it is hard for someone to walk past u without being stopped.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Templedog
    Anyone have any thoughts on ambushes?
    then rarely occur, and when they do, they rarely give you any sort of advantage.

in other words, they suck. CA didn't put much work in the concept, imho.

Is it possible to fight ambushed in the desert? I've never managed, is desert scout ability or whats it called useless...?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

It would be great if you would have the enemy in the middle of the map and you around them so you can attack from two or three sides, just like the Samnites and Germans did agains the Romans.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Red Baron? When you ambush, you can attack from all sides. What you talking about willis?

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

ok you guys can just call me a Noob (which i consider myself not to be anymore) but you can ambush in RTW; or is it in BI or patch 1.3. just wanna know cause it never happened to me before.

you can, But it sucks and hardly ever works. Plus, it's not that big of an advantage when your still outnumbered.

ambushes are pretty rare but if you can pull it of they're amazing
    playing as numidia i managed to destroy 1500 carthaginians with a force that was absolutely puny compared to thiers

Quote Originally Posted by Templedog
    Red Baron? When you ambush, you can attack from all sides. What you talking about willis?
    The few times I actually managed to ambush an enemy army they were able to put their troops in battle order.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

red baron they set up in battle order if they see you attack it happens most of the time when ambushes happen.
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus