Thread: 1689-1746 Jacobite Uprising Complete Overhaul

Toombs's Avatar Laetus

Default 1689-1746 Jacobite Uprising Complete Overhaul

Looking throughout all the mods and overhauls that have been made, I have only found one Scottish mod that came close to this, and the links were deleted since it was not compatible with version 1.4. This overhaul would consist of the Jacobite uprising and the many vicious battles they fought against the British. They were fighting to remove the illegal usurpers from German Hanover from the throne and restore the rightful House of Stuart to the throne. I have always viewed this as one of the most important wars/uprisings in history because it put the Scots under British control and it was the last war ever fought on British soil. What I am proposing is that we create a mod where we make a make of northern France and the British Isles to encompass the whole story behind this bloodshed. The French were very involved in this war, not only did they send basically an armory over to the Jacobites they also recruited Irish-Catholic Regiments to help in the fight against the Protestant British. If people are up to it I would like to include 6 factions the Irish, Jacobites (Scots), Loyalist Scots, British, Jacobite British (Ill fated Manchester Regiment), and the French. If at all possible in the future I would like to have the map be very large with each English, Scottish, Irish and French Provence included. This war tore apart the British Isles and was not only fought on battlefields but also in homes and families. If anybody is interested please respond to this and also shoot me a PM.

Thanks so much,
    Toombs
    Gordon Clan
    Last edited by Toombs; October 10, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 1689-1746 Jacobite Uprising Complete Overhaul

there have been mods that allow you to play as scotland in CB mode as well as in campaign, you just need to know which mod(s) to download. In my ETW im able to play as the scots (early 1700's) with the clansmen, highland line, as well as light canon and milita cavalry, all of which look like the jacobites of the second rebellion. Dont lose heart that someone wont make this mod but in fact use yer head and be clever by downloadin previous mods. Cheers, from the Macintosh Clan

Toombs's Avatar Laetus

The point of this isn't to put together a bunch of different mods to make it look like the Jacobite uprising I want to make a mod specifically for that, also I want to redo the Campaign map so that its just a very large map of the british isles and northern france as stated earlier

madrush's Avatar Senator

well the ETW map is unable to b altered in any way sadly to say, so that idea is out the window, but perhaps messing with stats of units and other little files to make it more of a challenge to play as scotland

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Toombs... Just play as the British Empire... it's clearly superior to the scots anyway
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

madrush's Avatar Senator

not reallly , look at the scots weapons to the brit weapons, scots did a lot better than the brits if they were stuck with medieval weapons compared to modern muskets, second of all with that kind of armament they nearly toppled the crown ferever. All thanks to Lord George Murray

Toombs's Avatar Laetus

Damnit, oh well can u alter the campaign map in napoleon at all? And I was thinking we could possibly use the scotish clans men from ETW and make them have different kilt colors so that they can be from different clans even though the kilt belonging to a clan idea didnt happen till' the 1800's i think it would be a cool idea to get clans men units representing different clans

madrush's Avatar Senator

well i believe u can place etw units into ntw, saw it some where but try Napoleon Total Faction by Hussar, i have it and u can play the scots, i sent a request to put more unit fer the scots, so thatll b cool