Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on Patch One:

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Progress on Patch One:

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    DVK901,

I'm saddened to see that you have reduced the quantity and quality of spawned armies. It is only the vocal minority that have complained and asked for this change. They are the newbs that struggle with vanilla. Most of us like the challenge that the spawned armies presented in the original version of RS2. If anything I would like to see more spawns of stronger armies. I think it is is too easy now on H/H settings as I can't remember the last time I lost a battle. I'm not going to download the update, because what would be the point in playing a game that is not a challenge?
    Killing 10 armies which I can make into mincemeat each turn is NOT fun, I repeat, NOT fun.I was very pleased to see that the money availiable has been reduced.It means that both you and the enemy can't spam stacks ergo you still fight "challenging" battles, only at a much smaller scale.

I think he meant that the spawned armies in One turn campaign will be smaller.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

He said both 0-turn and 1 turn!

Having endless stacks spawn makes battles feel less deceisive and more like a grind in my opinion.

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bacon View Post
    Having endless stacks spawn makes battles feel less deceisive and more like a grind in my opinion.
    Well yes I agree and wars become pain especially then fighting on multiple fronts.I remember how my wars depleted quite a few cities of their population in just 5-6 turns.

Agreed. Endless waves of attackers is both ahistorical and extremely obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    DVK901,

I'm saddened to see that you have reduced the quantity and quality of spawned armies. It is only the vocal minority that have complained and asked for this change. They are the newbs that struggle with vanilla. Most of us like the challenge that the spawned armies presented in the original version of RS2. If anything I would like to see more spawns of stronger armies. I think it is is too easy now on H/H settings as I can't remember the last time I lost a battle. I'm not going to download the update, because what would be the point in playing a game that is not a challenge?
    Please forgive my post. I was drunk when I wrote it. I understand that you can't please everyone.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Yes. At first, it was my inclination to just let the 'Sub-Modders' take care of the 1-turn stuff. But, in the long run, it causes a lot of difficulties for me. How do I update files that NEED to be updated, and how can I try not to break a bunch of sub-mods by patching the 1-turn campaign(s). I want to be kind to people who have done a lot of work, but at the same time, RS2 had a vision and a 'way' of doing things, so I really need to stick to that or I'll drive myself crazy. There are just too many necessary fixes to just leave the 1-turn stuff out in the cold, so to speak.

So, I have been going through the sub-mod threads, downloading many of them, seeing what people changed, and trying to work in as many as I can. But, yeah, it's a lot of work.
    Whatever, update as you will, submodders will adapt :p

Yes. At first, it was my inclination to just let the 'Sub-Modders' take care of the 1-turn stuff. But, in the long run, it causes a lot of difficulties for me. How do I update files that NEED to be updated, and how can I try not to break a bunch of sub-mods by patching the 1-turn campaign(s). I want to be kind to people who have done a lot of work, but at the same time, RS2 had a vision and a 'way' of doing things, so I really need to stick to that or I'll drive myself crazy. There are just too many necessary fixes to just leave the 1-turn stuff out in the cold, so to speak.

So, I have been going through the sub-mod threads, downloading many of them, seeing what people changed, and trying to work in as many as I can. But, yeah, it's a lot of work.
    BTW, the seleucid 1turn campaign is unplayable, mostly because there are too many units present at the beginning, and thus no money. Removing many "useless" garrison units here and there can give some breath to the starting economy.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    Agreed. Endless waves of attackers is both ahistorical and extremely obnoxious.
    I must agree obnoxious and monotonous, If I needed to manage and could only afford a few good armies and fight a lot less but more decisive battles with the AI it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    I must agree obnoxious and monotonous, If I needed to manage and could only afford a few good armies and fight a lot less but more decisive battles with the AI it would be great.
    I also prefer less stacks.

Thanks for all your hard work dvk.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

I think the stack spam is "historical" in some way. In reality 2 armies met, fought for several hours (sometimes days). But the armies were over 50-60,000 men. The only difference in the game is that those amount of troops fight each other in several battles, not one If we could fight 60-70,000 battles as in reality, one battle would take 4-5 hours of playing...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Please keep the discussion to the patch and not discuss 0-turn or 1-turn campaigns.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can you guys please reduce the distance between 2 armies in an Ambush? It too large, Even cavalry can only just reach an opposing army before they reform. Amost makes ambushes useless
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I did not reduce the number of units in the 0-turn campaign....but it is my intention to reduce the experience of the spawned units. I don't mind facing armies equal to my own, but a spawned army with stats mine can't hardly even get seems a bit over the top.

I only reduced the number of units in the 1-turn campaigns....indeed, I was a bit nervous and doubtful about this whole issue at release time. But there just wasn't enough time or input to really address it. So now I'm trying to address it. The script released with RS2 in the 1-turn campaign really wasn't meant for a 1-turn campaign, IMO.

@Siegfriedfr....yes, I am aware that there are too many units to start with in the 1-turn DS. I'm going to address that at well.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Now.....a lot of people are still bickering about how their generals won't get any stars no matter how many heroic victories they make. And that it is very difficult to obtain even a single Command star! On behalf of the forum, I ask you, dvk, to implement the old heroic-victory way of gaining command stars into your "new method of gaining command" for the good of the team and fans!

e. New battle counter added so that generals who fight and win a lot of battles get more stars (by Jon Arbuckle)
    He already did.

Great! So when does this come out then?

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

They said, probably early November, though with all respect, they haven't been the most punctual mod team

haha, yea! Give our Generals more stars ffs!
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

I did not reduce the number of units in the 0-turn campaign....but it is my intention to reduce the experience of the spawned units. I don't mind facing armies equal to my own, but a spawned army with stats mine can't hardly even get seems a bit over the top.
    I completely agree with you on that.