Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

...no. When I tried it with your back-up, it did not show anywhere a single-player campaign option on the menu.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Wha-? Never heard of that problem before. I'll check it out once I get back home.

Last edited by NightEye; June 11, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Grouchio, try using this back-up file, if anyone else have problem with back up please DL this.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4le3r9...n%20backup.rar

Okay, just for everyone to know I've decided to put the next update for this Submod on hold until the release of the 2.2 patch. Any update that I might release before that will be for bug fixes and the like.
    Last edited by NightEye; June 28, 2011 at 02:20 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

hey i have downloaded your mod but when i put the shorted battles (export_descr_units) it say it is missing a line in the script i dont know why but can u help me here !! btw what is the difference between the release's script the the fewer battles less stack mod

Hmm... Mind telling what the error specifically says? And the release version's EDU make spawn more army stacks and the battle are longer, the fewer stacks and shorter battles EDU is pretty self explanatory.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

sorry for the late reply have been busy but the problem only effects the two extra edu you supply. i tried the release version's EDU and it crashed when i started up so i did the shorter battles edu and it did the exact same. so i put back in your neutral mod that you did and it worked fine even with the agema bodyguards that i personally love about the problem i may need to try it again and tell u what it says

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, just wanted to give you a high five for your excellent work. So far I have had no problems with the amount of units in the cities (although I did change up some of the recruitment areas of Chalkaskapydes, Agrysgapides and your Hellenikoi Kataphraktoi to better suit what I thought was 'appropriate' aor, I can send you the data if you'd like to have a look see)

The new Thueroporai Shields really do change the way I feel about the unit itself. They're still low tier melee rabble, but they look a little more professional with those stellar shields.
    I find having the Seleucid Toxtotai useful late game, and they're a great addition. The Agema are of course sexy, the Thorokitai shields go without saying, and your Marines, do they deliver or what. I haven't utilized the Kataproktai Hellenikoi in battle as of yet, the Parthians are massing so I'll be able to fill you in on the action soon. I think I'll post some battle pics on this site just so people get an idea of how Awesome your mod is mate. =) Cheers!

....One Caveat is that I find the Hypaspists look better with the original cape, personal opinion (I just cut and paste the original model to replace yours) they just seem more exotic and less plain with that cape. A standard purple is quite dull, if at least they had some sort of touch of yellow like the Agrysgapides, perhaps it would work better, but currently, I favor the old design.
    Also, is there any way I can get rid of the draco bearer who rides alongside the agema?

Good to know you're still enjoying my submod.

Anyway, as for the Hypaspists, I personally never liked the vanilla cape, it just looked like it ought to be rug or something. But understand if you find the purple to plain. I'll see what I can do I tweak it a bit.

And for the Draco bearer, go to the EDU and find the Seleucid Agema entry and delete the second officer line.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Good to know you're still enjoying my submod.

Anyway, as for the Hypaspists, I personally never liked the vanilla cape, it just looked like it ought to be rug or something. But understand if you find the purple to plain. I'll see what I can do I tweak it a bit.

And for the Draco bearer, go to the EDU and find the Seleucid Agema entry and delete the second officer line.
    More than enjoying mate, it's addicting haha
    I actually modded it to the point that I'm facing an overpowered Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, I just love fighting full stacks of professional, likewise beautiful, Ptolemaic soldiers, only to crush them with the awe-inspiring power of the Seleucid War-Machine in all it's splendor and glory!!!

And the cape, well, its an issue of aesthetics really, as is the Draco Bearer. I simply view the Agema as an exotic eastern Unit, albeit Hellenized and psuedo-Westernized, thus under the command and the banner of the Greeks, albeit being lead by loyal Eastern Nobles. The Draco Bearer is an interesting touch, one which may work for some, but I'm glad that I have the option to go with out

+ rep my friend (It's been a while since I could rep u haha)

i am a noob who really loves this mod but i want to have katoikoi pezhetairoi and silver sheilds available everywhere i understand if i am asking two much but in the next patch could you make a version where they are available everywhere cos i love the infantry but i find that i cant keep casualties low and fighting enemys far from home becomes difficult "if not for agema my invasion campaigns would stall after a few engagements"

As far as I'm aware silver shield pikes are available everywhere, the realistic AOR set-up was an alternative EDB install which I had to temporarily take out because some CTD problems. The reason you're probably not getting them is because they're only available in the 4th and 5th barracks which you can only attain by developing the cities to capture..
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

i know i just wanted to secure them in future just in case....

cos the pikes are useful everywhere(i killed sarmatia in the field with em)

very nice!
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Hi,NightEye! I like very much your Unit expansion! Nice work,guy! But it works only with 0 turn Selucid folder. Can you do adoptation for 1 turn folder company? I prefer to play in 1 turn companies, for me it's more extrimal! Thanks for your future work, I expect that you pay some attention to my wish )

hi your mod is great makes my time playing wow really enjoyable but im having an issue with my reinforcements as i put on the rome total war setting that i have all men at once on the battle and when my men come and the enemy side they seem to just stand there and do nothing just move around but not attack any help on what i can do

@sak Unfortunately, I'm currently not planning for a one turn recruitment version for my sub-mod, have to take out several units from factions far away from the Seleucid in the campaign to get my units in. One could make a special 1-turn campaign that exclusive for the Seleucids, unfortunately aside from unit skinning and modeling. And basic text editing my knowledge in modding RTW is pretty limited. I might, but not making any promises.

@cosara Are you playing with the Alexander.exe? I know from experience reinforcements tend to stand around with it.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

it would be awesome in the submod you have made if praetorians could be recruited in rome from the merc building
    Last edited by Roman4life; August 02, 2011 at 01:00 AM.

no im not using Alexander sorry i just have no reinforcement limit but they dont attack me im always having to attack them any help

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Roman4life View Post
    it would be awesome if praetorians could be recruited in rome from the merc building
    That wouldnt make any sense for a few reasons:
    1: the roman player would be able to get them too early/easily
    2: Other factions could, potentially, access the praetorians. This makes no sense
    3: Even if it was set up so only romans could get the praetorians, it doesnt matter since they can access them from a seperate building anyway, making the change moot.
    4: related to 1, praetorian troops are veery powerful and making them easier to get lessens the impact of attaining and fielding these forces.

Instead of that, id like to see some of the early italic republican units, like samnites, be available in merc buildings after the reforms. Same goes for those great cavalry troops whose name eludes me, and whatever other cool merc units that are in italy that rome loses upon the reforms. I miss those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    That wouldnt make any sense for a few reasons:
    1: the roman player would be able to get them too early/easily
    2: Other factions could, potentially, access the praetorians. This makes no sense
    3: Even if it was set up so only romans could get the praetorians, it doesnt matter since they can access them from a seperate building anyway, making the change moot.
    4: related to 1, praetorian troops are veery powerful and making them easier to get lessens the impact of attaining and fielding these forces.

Instead of that, id like to see some of the early italic republican units, like samnites, be available in merc buildings after the reforms. Same goes for those great cavalry troops whose name eludes me, and whatever other cool merc units that are in italy that rome loses upon the reforms. I miss those guys.
    1 romans dont have acsess to the merc recruitment center

2 only being available in one city lessens their impact

3 i have actully never seen another faction defeat rome or even get close to italy

4 historical accuracy doesnt really play a part in this submod i think for instance i dont think many spartan hoplites would have served under the seleucids

5 its just cool like getting spartan ,pergamesse hoplites

when all is said and done your reasoning is very just and you make good points but i didnt think it had to make sense when i proposed this

i apologize for my spelling

also i meant for the seleucid submod just incase i wasnt clear enough
    Last edited by Roman4life; August 02, 2011 at 01:01 AM.