Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

Pro Gloria et Patria's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion and Slight Touch Up

The building list before i changed it.

successor_order3 requires factions { macedon, } or factions { seleucid, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_settlement_determination path_choice and building_present_min_level mineral_import weapons_metals_import or resource iron or resource copper or resource tin or resource lead
    {
    capability
    {
    agent spy 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "seleucid generals guard cavalry" 0 requires factions { seleucid, }
    recruit "macedonian generals guard cavalry" 0 requires factions { macedon, }
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Infantry Available;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "greek levy pikemen" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area5 and hidden_resource r6
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area5 and hidden_resource r7
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area5 and hidden_resource r8
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area5 and hidden_resource r9
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r4
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r11
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r12
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r13
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r14
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area9
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area12 and not hidden_resource r7
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area12 and not hidden_resource r8
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area12 and not hidden_resource r9
    recruit "allied phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area12 and not hidden_resource r14
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource island
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource r5
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource r6
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource r7
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area9
    recruit "taxeis hoplite2" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area12
    recruit "macedonian katoikoi phalangites" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and not hidden_resource macedon
    recruit "macedonian pezoi bottias" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r1
    recruit "macedonian pezoi bottias" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r2
    recruit "macedonian pezoi bottias" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r6
    recruit "macedonian pezoi bottias" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r7
    recruit "macedonian pezoi bottias" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area9 and hidden_resource r2
    recruit "amfipolitan pezoi" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r3
    recruit "amfipolitan pezoi" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r5
    recruit "amfipolitan pezoi" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r8
    recruit "amfipolitan pezoi" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r9
    recruit "amfipolitan pezoi" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8 and hidden_resource r10
    recruit "agrianian infantry" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "thureophoroi" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "seleucid katakoi phalangites" 0 requires factions { seleucid, }
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14 and hidden_resource r12
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area11 and hidden_resource r11
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area15 and hidden_resource r10

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Cavalry Available;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "greek tarantine cavalry" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "greek prodromoi cavalry" 0 requires factions { seleucid, }
    recruit "greek lonchophoroi" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "thraikan hippeis" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "paiones hippeis" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "thureophoroi hippeis" 0 requires factions { macedon, }
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;MISSLE Units Available;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "greek akontistai" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "greek slinger" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "thraikan peltast" 0 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "greek heavy peltast" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "greek archer" 0 requires factions { macedon, seleucid, }
    recruit "syrian archers" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14 and hidden_resource r10
    recruit "syrian archers" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14 and hidden_resource r11
    recruit "syrian archers" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14 and hidden_resource r12
    recruit "syrian archers" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14 and hidden_resource r14
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { macedon, }
    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { macedon, }
    }
    construction 3
    cost 5000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades

And after the changing
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area14
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area12
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area8
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area9
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area11 and hidden_resource r11
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area15 and hidden_resource r7
    recruit "pezhetairoi pikeman" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource area15 and hidden_resource r10

Sorry for the long post didn´t now how to zip.
    Last edited by Pro Gloria et Patria; January 14, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

As much as I hate making another separate preference patch (Makes testing very time consuming), I'm think I'll two separate EDBs, one that allows the Elite Phalanghites recruitable in any region and one that uses Pro Gloria et Patria's AOR set-up with some tweaks.

Thanks for sharing man

Oh, yeah, as for the unit model I may go Cretan.
    Last edited by NightEye; January 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Thx NightEye wouldn´t have expected that i could help.

I think about making some little changes too. like limiting the areas for the elites so that Hypaspistai and Thorakitai Argyraspides are only available in the Hellenic Capitals.

If there is interest then i could upload my edb.

About the model: the cretans are not my favourit i prefer the cataphract elephants model too, but this is only my opinion and its your work here so do as you wish.

If i can be of help than don´t hesitate to ask.Would be happy to help.

Other question could you give me a short advice or link for making or changing models i´m very interested in that.
    Last edited by Pro Gloria et Patria; January 16, 2011 at 08:32 AM.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Pro Glorie et Patria
    Thanks for sharing fine sir
    I'll really put this to good use, and it allows me to create the variety that I really want to create in recruitment. I don't know if I'll limit the Hypasistai to just Greek Capitals, but I know I'll limit them to much more important cities. Either way, thank you sir, i really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Gloria et Patria View Post
    About the model: the cretans are not my favourit i prefer the cataphract elephants model too, but this is only my opinion and its your work here so do as you wish.
    Agreed, I really like the Elephant Archers, but it is your work NightEye, so I understand. Its just that the Elephants models are already out there, and making them a foot unit wouldn't be hard and would't need new skins...just sayin

Either way, Really happy to see all this innovation being created with the Seleucid's

EDIT- It took me a second, but I noticed that Duras Europus is not on this map, reason being that this map represents the regions that exist when playing as the Barbarian Factions of Northern Europe, which include a settlement on the Irish Isle and take away Duras Europus. In the Seleucid Campaign, Duras Europus exists but the Irish town does not.. do you know which Region it is in? I'm guessing it is in Area 11 seeing as it is somewhere to the east of Palmyra and West of babylon. Thnx!
    Last edited by Everto; January 16, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Cataphracts and Agema-Colors of Royalty

So over the past week or so I've found more material to help my cause concerning the possible tunic changes of the Seleucid Cataphract and Agema. Hopefully sir Night Eye, you will see some merit in the material presented, and may wish to create possible changes to the design of the capes and tunics...My argument is that a combination of Purple (color of royalty) and Gold into the tunics of the Agema and the Hellenic Cataphracts would really help to bring out the full majestic aura of these elite horsemen.

I start with illustrations of Seleucid Cavalrymen...the one on the right a Companion, the one on the left a "Heavy Cavalrymen/Cataphract"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can clearly see how well the Purple and Gold work with the Heitorai/Companion cavalier in his overall dress and style. I find that the tunic held by the Heavily Armored Cavalier on the right most precisely underlines the point concerning how well slight golden details, such as shown, on a background of purple would be far superior in design for the Hellenic Cataphract Cape than the current, imho, bland green cape. Since the Agema design that you have can't have a cape, I find that the primary issue for the Agema Cataphract is simply the tunic over the legs and the trim, whilst the Cataphract should have not only Purple and Gold Trimming below the belt, but also a vibrant purple cape with Golden Trim.

Furthermore, the dyes used to create these purple fabrics originated from the area of coastal Syria, and were shipped from the Ports of Laodikea and Antioch for hundreds of years. It would be almost a clear choice for the Seleucid Elite Cavalry to be adorned in purple fabrics.

A clear example of how much more prestigious an Elite Seleucid Unit looks in Purple can be seen here, when comparing the Thorokitai Agrysgapides and the Agema.

I find that the overall appearance of the Thorokitai Agrysgapides is exentuated by the purple tunics, whilst the Agema's appearance remains a little bland in comparrison. I'd say that the Blanket Underneath the Saddle of the Companion shows how a purple and golden blanket would really help bring out the 'Elite' nature of the unit simply in its most basic aesthetic appeal.

Designs for Cataphract Cape
    I find that the design of the tunic in the above image fits very well with the current idea of what the Cape should represent, But it could be more representetive of the early RTR Agema Tunic that I showed earlier, meaning a purple background with a design of sorts...

Here are a few designs that could be taken into consideration for the Cape, the idea would be a Purple Tunic with a golden design...
    Persian Lion Design

Seleucid Symbol in Gold

The Design on the Side of the Helmet

I honestly would favor the Cataphract as my General's Bodyguard if the cape was Purple with Golden Trim, it simply makes the unit look so much more regal and elite than the current cape. I think that the Agema should be far more rare than the Cataphract, seeing as they were an elite group made up mainly of Medians.
    So that's my current proposal, if I find any more info, I'll be sure to present it
    Last edited by Everto; January 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Determined aren't ya?

Well, you'll glad to here that the Agema have now a new texture. Though I'm going to take a step further and brush up my meager modeling skills.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Determined aren't ya?

Well, you'll glad to here that the Agema have now a new texture. Though I'm going to take a step further and brush up my meager modeling skills.
    Determined? You have no idea

I can't wait to see what you've done with the Agema sir NightEye, the fact in itself that you made them is beyond awesome on it own

...and to continue my quest for the perfect Seleucid Cataphract, here is an image of an Antiochean Seleucid Cataphract in battle with the Romans... another Example of how awesome Gold and Purple Look together

I'm not saying that Gold is the way to go with the Armor, but I do think it looks pretty cool as a face plate and perhaps on the Arms. (Also the Breast Plate as a single piece instead of being made up of scales, as shown, would be interesting to try out?)

Here are the Cataphracts as of now...

A few things that would immediately tweak it up as far as I can see....the orange ploom on the Horse's head can be made purple, the two feathers on the side of the head could likewise be dyed purple. Obviously I think the Cape and the tunic under the armour should be purple...wih Golden Embroidered Details. The saddle can have more of a Golden trim. And if a single piece breastplate replaced the scale's, a small detail such as the head of Seleucus or a God's image could be embroidered in the center...a silver breastplate with a cool design...I think it'd look stellar

As our great Model here shows, A single breastplate for a Seleucid Cataphract is not unhistorical, and he seems to approves of the Purple Cape with Gold as well lol
    Last edited by Everto; January 22, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Ah, I like to point out that I'm not going to change the existing model. I'm just going to add a few aesthetic touches for effect.
    As for the cataphracts, the one problem I have with changing them as of the model is that I honestly like them as is. But I also really like the designs you presented. So I'm going to do something of a compromise. And I'll just keep it at that for now
    Last edited by NightEye; January 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Ah, I like to point out that I'm not going to change the existing model. I'm just going to add a few aesthetic touches for effect.
    As for the cataphracts, the one problem I have with changing them as of the model is that I honestly like them as is. But I also really like the designs you presented. So I'm going to do something of a compromise. And I'll just keep it at that for now
    Can't wait to see what you've come up with NightEye, I like the Agema model's fine and didn't expect you to change the model, I think they represent what a hellenized cataphract would look like. But if you're planning on making them even more badass than they already are, thats Pimp in my book

As for the Cataphracts, i'm likewise excited to hear that you're planning on giving them a touch up, i'm optimistic about the change's seeing as any new design will be a great step forward

Hopefully you'll incorporate some of my suggestions in your "compromise" Looking forward to it!

(and as always, I'll post new material the moment I lay my hands on it )

Clash of the Mods!! THE NEW SELEUCID EMPIRE HAS ARRIVED!!

Last edited by Everto; January 27, 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Wow nice ones

Making the seleucid units more different, now the cataphracts have their own special look.

But maybe a bit too much Gold

^Those aren't mine, those are from Intel's retextures.

@Everto I don't think I have to as Intel's stuff is completely compatible with mine.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Wow nice ones

Making the seleucid units more different, now the cataphracts have their own special look.

But maybe a bit too much Gold
    Be sure to +Rep Intel for his great work

And seeing as they are not only just the Seleucid Cataphracts but also the Bodygaurd Unit of the Seleucid's, I find the design rather fitting and prestigious, and personally don't think that its to much gold. I increased their cost, upkeep and attack to reflect their new alpha elite look.

@Everto I don't think I have to as Intel's stuff is completely compatible with mine.
    Ya I know, just thinking out loud, I'll be quiet now
    Last edited by Everto; January 27, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

I would +rep

but actually i dont know how

Just an advanced warning, the next version of the Seleucid Expansion mod will not be save compatible with older versions.
    Last edited by NightEye; January 28, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would +rep

but actually i dont know how

To be able to give Reputation Point, you must:
    a) make at least 50 post
    b) not accumulate punitive points for bad behaviour

Upon fullfiling these conditions, you'll be able to spread reputation. A green button will appear under member's avatar between the lightbulb and [report] button. By clicking it and specifying a reason for giving a rep point, you'll +rep.

Be sure to rep NightEye too!

As soon as I´m able to

Thx.

Started to +"rap"
    Last edited by Pro Gloria et Patria; January 29, 2011 at 08:51 AM.

Just an advanced warning, the next version of the Seleucid Expansion mod will not be save compatible with older versions.
    I'm so excited I just can't hide it!
    Would you be so kind as giving a little hint of what any of these 'non-compatible' changes are?

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Seleucid Unit Expansion and Slight Touch Up

UPDATE IS HERE. PLEASE REFER TO FIRST POST.
    The new Agema, now with draco bearer

New look for the cavalry officer

Seleucid Auxilia Toxotai - available everywhere

Judean Hekatontamachoi - recruitable in Jerusalem

Galatian Champions - recruitable in Central Asia Minor

Hetairoi Kataphractoi - recruitable in major Greek cities in the east.

Note on the Hetairoi Kataphractoi: I don't have a screenshot for it as I forgot to get one. If any of you get to field them, please do me favor and post a screenie. Thanks.

Additional stuff in Update:
    - Phrygian cavalry available in Phrygia
    - Lithobolos available in certain greek centers of learning
    - An alternative AOR EDB that gives the pezhetairoi and argyraspides new AORs.
    Last edited by NightEye; January 30, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Seleucid Unit Expansion and Slight Touch Up

Last minute addition:
    Made Judean Hekatontamachoi and Galatian champions recruitable as mercenaries

Edit: Added a special thanks section to first post
    Last edited by NightEye; January 30, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven