Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

Pro Gloria et Patria's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Seleucid Unit Expansion and Slight Touch Up

@Everto: Well its just my opinion. But i wrote that i like the shields with the elephant more.

Since there is no elephant on there shields in battle i cant really compare them but i think i would prefer them.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

@Pro gloria et Patria I was intending to make the elephant shield from the Unit Card but the Seleucid emblem (not sure what it's actual name is) catches my eye more.

@Grouchio Lol didn't realized that, must be because I never bother with rally, I'll put it back in on the next major update. As of now all you have to do is go to Play_Seleucid\data look for the export_descr_unit.txt, find the seleucid generals guard cavalry entry go to its formation section and takeout wedge. It's a personal preference I forgot to take out sorry.
    Last edited by NightEye; December 10, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Don´t get me wrong i really like the blue shields its only that i don´t know the elephants one but thats no important thing.

Do you know were to recruit the seleucid katoikoi phalangites i can´t even recruit them in the elite barracks?

Katoikois are recruited in the mid tier barracks then get removed once the Elite Barracks is built.

Also for the next unit to be added, I'm thinking of either a Thracian Elite/Hypaspist/Greek Marine hybrid or Galatian Chosen Swordsmen/Champions essentially a fancy beefed up version of the Galatian Teutosages AOR unit
    Last edited by NightEye; December 10, 2010 at 09:16 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Also for the next unit to be added, I'm thinking of either a Thracian Elite/Hypaspist/Greek Marine hybrid or Galatian Chosen Swordsmen/Champions essentially a fancy beefed up version of the Galatian Teutosages AOR unit
    Um...Thracian-Elite-Hypaspist-Greek-Marine-Hybrid sounds the way to go, and personally, I love the name, probably should keep it

(Are you sure you don't wana do one unit, JUST ONE, that would be an elite archer recruitable in only Antioch or Seleucia? PWEASE )

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I cannot recruit new generals out of cities that have either the Agema or Hetarioi bodyguard enabled. Can you fix this?

Odd development...I can't save? or load? um...confused?

@Grouchio I went and check the mods and they seem to recruit fine... Did you delete map.rwm that sometimes cause wonky recruitment problem when you change something in units and don't delete it.

@Everto That's actually a common problem in RSII, I never personally got so you best go check out the technical section. As for the adding units, okay I might be able to put in few more but I'll have to look for units that aren't shared
    Last edited by NightEye; December 11, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

@Everto That's actually a common problem in RSII, I never personally got so you best go check out the technical section.
    Dammit , could someone put up a savefile with the Seleucid Campaign and this mod? as in Agema Generals? There is no Technical Solution as of the moment apparently, and IM DYING to play this mod lol. I'd trully appreciate it, thnx gents

Sure, just the basic version w/o Tone's mod right? Though I have a couple of questions, are not able to save as soon as you start a campaign or you can initial can save but sometime later you can't? You do know you have to exit RSII completely before loading a save to avoid problems?
    Last edited by NightEye; December 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Yes, I deleted map.rwm

@Grouchio The hell... I'm completely stumped to why you can't recruit generals right now then. I never touched anything of the Seleucid Bodyguard except its EDU entry and even the unit labels haven't been touched...
    Last edited by NightEye; December 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Sure, just the basic version w/o Tone's mod right? Though I have a couple of questions, are not able to save as soon as you start a campaign or you can initial can save but sometime later you can't? You do know you have to exit RSII completely before loading a save to avoid problems?
    Yes, basic version, w/o Tone's mod. I am not able to save the moment I start any new campaign, apparently its some issue with the script self engaging and turning of the save and load possibilities, and no one has found a clear way to get around it as of yet, except of getting a save game that already works.

Hey guys i´m back from my Seleucidwith sub mod campaign

Want to let you know that its working fine for me i dont use the new generals (cause i like a more variety of units), and im playing with 2.1a. 20 turn without CTD 5 big battles.

Thank you NightEye and RS developers.

Actually it works now! In the EDU, I tweaked the generals bodyguard so that wedge was removed and General_Unit was added. And Voila!

Reinstalled and it works now, no more save game problems. I need to try out your change Grouchio, because I can recruit generals, but they are just that, only generals and not governors.

Looks like I have another round of emergency updating to do soon.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

I think I found the real reason why the Agema/Hetairoi BGs are causing so much problems. I was busy changing the attributes of the generals when I decided to go and look at the Seleucid general in a clean EDU. To my surprise I found that they also had the wedge attribute, perplexed I went and checked my Agema again. That when I realized that the Command attribute was still in. The command attribute is used by some elite units have that raises the morale of the other units around them, it pretty much act like the general_unit command except you don't get rally and it isn't considered a general. Ironically this problem is true only to the basic Agema/Hetairoi general add-on. I was really careful not to screw up Tone's mods.

I sorry for all unnecessary aggravation I've caused.

Edit: I've updated the downloads again hopefully the BG options works now. I left the wedge formation in just in case but if anyone gets the same problems as Grouchio and Everto let me know ASAP.
    Last edited by NightEye; December 12, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

I think I found the real reason why the Agema/Hetairoi BGs are causing so much problems. I was busy changing the attributes of the generals when I decided to go and look at the Seleucid general in a clean EDU. To my surprise I found that they also had the wedge attribute, perplexed I went and checked my Agema again. That when I realized that the Command attribute was still in. The command attribute is used by some elite units have that raises the morale of the other units around them, it pretty much act like the general_unit command except you don't get rally and it isn't considered a general. Ironically this problem is true only to the basic Agema/Hetairoi general add-on. I was really careful not to screw up Tone's mods.

I sorry for all unnecessary aggravation I've caused.

Edit: I've updated the downloads again hopefully the BG options works now. I left the wedge formation in just in case but if anyone gets the same problems as Grouchio and Everto let me know ASAP.
    DOWNLOADING NOW...

Edit- Works like a charm, Gotta love this mod
    Last edited by Everto; December 12, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

The Agema are almost indestructible. Which makes my job of killing off crappy nobles even harder...