Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Seleucid Unit Expansion and Slight Touch Up

Can the Katatikoi shields be remodeled so they look grey?
    Can you make an advanced family tree of the Seleucid like they did in EB?
    Why are the fertile lands around Babylon and Seleucia so hilly?

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    A CTD occured when I was going to battle against Ptolemy at Raphia. I edited the file to insert the Agema in the army, but it CTD'd at the time it was loading.

It said they could not find the texture files.
    I got the identical problem, I copied your "Agema" general file, deleted my old one, and tried to play Raphia. Something's not aligning, because we both followed the instructions. You should seriously recheck it, because you may have an extra file that we don't have or something, and I reallly want the Agema as my General's.

Edit- Actually, i tried to play just with the Agema and the Marines, and it gave me an error as well, so i must have installed it wrong... I understand that I should "COPY AND PASTE", which I did do, file by file, replacing the old one's with new one's. I went in folder by folder and replaced the files with your files, perhaps there is an underlying problem in what I'm doing?

For instance, I can play the campaign, I can build and move and there are no CTD's. I can also produce Agema, Marines and Thorokitai NP, there photos show up, as well as the descriptions...
    BUT, i can't play the battle with those units...its very sad...please help
    Last edited by Everto; December 06, 2010 at 01:20 AM.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

@Grouchio
    Aren't the Katatikoi supposed to be the gold shields?
    Sorry, I never modded that part of the game before. I'll might once I get some practice doing it.
    Again, I never modding that part of the game. But I guess it's more an artistic touch if anything.

@Everto
    Hmm... I'll give it once over when get back home tonight.
    Last edited by NightEye; December 05, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Actually Night Eye, why don't you put up a download that gives the completely "modded" DATA folder, as in the one that you have that works... For instance, you already have given the "clean" DATA backup file, and instead of having people cut and paste the altered files into the DATA folder, why not just give a download link that gives a FULLY mod-ed DATA folder, so that it should just be a matter of replacing one DATA folder with another...
    since your file works, why not just give that file?

-And one more thing...
    I understand that you don't want to change the appearance of the Seleucid Archers... but is it possible to simply make a very easy model swap? For instance, could you briefly describe how I could swap out the regular Archer models for the Elephant Archer Models?
    Last edited by Everto; December 06, 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Ok, so I've tried to implement this mod 4 times, I've cut and paste all my documents into the appropriate folders, as far as I can tell. I can play the campaign map, but the game crashes when i try to play with the new units on a battlefield while its loading.

If anyone's modded folder works, could you please upload the whle thing for our enjoyment? All im asking is that someone, who has made it work, give us there whole "DATA" folder, so that we can implement it and play this fantastic mod.

These units are seriously the only thing that held me back from playing this mod as of recently, and I'd really appreciate the help of those who've gotten it to work... thnx

I rechecked my files and I honestly I don't understand why that texture error shows up with some people when all the needed elements are already in place...
    Everto, which version of my mod are using, the basic one or the ones merged with Tone's Stack mods? And are you using Windows 7 or Vista by any chance? And which RTW exe are you using?
    Last edited by NightEye; December 08, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

Pro Gloria et Patria's Avatar Foederatus

I also tried this mod, but had the same error as everto, and the thorakitai shields were the old ones.

I have to mention that i´m using 2.1 .So could this be the problem

I want to start a seleucid campaign but not without this mod so hopefully you can make it work.

But anyway thx for your effort so far Night eye

Yes, my mod isn't 2.1 compatible as of the moment, I haven't yet patched my game yet because I'm pretty preoccupied atm. That could the problem though I'm really looking for the root of the problem for some people.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Well I uploaded a new main mod.zip, all those having a problem with my mod please re-download the main file. Hopefully this'll fix it.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

OK! So i got the Agema Mod to work, I have marines and agema, FINALLY! really excited, I bloody installed Roma Surrectum all over again to get it working, what a gdamn tedious project.

BUT....
    The Agema General Mod doesn't work, and my thorokitai don't have the new shields. Really sad about that =(
    Last edited by Everto; December 08, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Yeah the old shields are so extremely boring especially when compared to other factions thorakitai (Ptolemaic).

I hope a 2.1 version will come soon

Ya those shield look stellar, and I'm saddened that for some reason they aren't appearing

At least the Agema work for me, they're gangsta thugs

@Pro Gloria et Patria Well I'm waiting for the after battle CTDs to be resolved before bothering

@Everto
    The shields and Agema BGs don't work but the regular Agema and marines works eh? Well, at there's some improvement... Glad you like them and I'm really sorry for the frustration my mod has probably caused.

Edit: Just to clarify, your CTD with my Agema BGs is when you start a new campaign or when go into battle? And the good news is what's left to fix will probably not involve reinstalling RSII again.
    Last edited by NightEye; December 08, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    @Everto The shields and Agema BGs don't work but the regular Agema and marines works eh? Well, at there's some improvement... Glad you like them and I'm really sorry for the frustration my mod has probably caused.

Haha, no its fine Im thrilled that this mod brings more variety to the Seleucid Ranks, I seriously think that all the changes that you have made should be implemented into the mod, hands down.

Hopefully you can fix the shield issue, but till then, I shall enjoy the agema and marines!

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Edit: Just to clarify, your CTD with my Agema BGs is when you start a new campaign or when go into battle? And the good news is what's left to fix will probably not involve reinstalling RSII again.
    The CTD with the Agema BG's occurs when I try to load up the battle, and then halfway through it just dies

Well, I re-uploaded the main file yet again. Hopefully this time everything will work. But as an extra precaution go to Play_Seleucid\data\world\maps\base and delete a file called map.rwm
    If this doesn't work I'm just gonna have to ask a more experienced modder to help me out.
    And no, I don't believe you have to re-instiall RSII if the only sub-mod you're using is mine, just make sure it's version 2.0, remember I haven't updated yet.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

SEXY....IT WORKS

You have made this Mod 10,000 times more incredible sir, cheers to that

My General shall now go to battle with Agema at his side
    May the Enemies of Seleucia fear the almighty power of her legions, the Thorokitai and Marines have arrived!

BRING THE DESERT RABLE THAT DARE CALL THEMSELVES THE HEIRS OF ALEXANDER!!!!

(If i could, I would rep you again...but I have to spread the love, damn hippy bull- )
    Last edited by Everto; December 09, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Well that's a lot off my chest. Hopefully you can really enjoy my submod now.
    Woot finally.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

I get your point

Just update if you want to, dont get hurry cause of me.

I NEEEEEED these wonderful units to play

Okay i couldn´t wait so i tried the new zip with 2.1 and fought 2 battles its working so far.
    Thank you very much now i can play after the NightEye army reforms.

I just recognised that the original thorakitai have an elephant on shields showing in user interface, i like the image with the Elephant even more do you know or could you make those elephant shields.
    Last edited by Pro Gloria et Patria; December 09, 2010 at 04:06 AM.

@NightEye
    Cheers to you too sir

@Pro Gloria et Patria
    Really? You like the old shields better? I can't believe this
    The blue shield and it's design looks so much more distinguished

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

It works...Except that my general doesn't have a rally ability, and I suspect that only new agema units come out instead of general's bodyguards.
    again, I am using the basic EDU expansion