Thread: Saved Game Compilation

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Saved Game Compilation

I would love to see one of these. SPQR gets better as it goes, and everyone loves Post-Marius units. So why not upload some saved games of zero maneuvering, economy-building Roman campaigns for each family? I am quite a ways into a Brutii campaign and loving it, and entertained thoughts of doing a Scippii one. But then I remembered the time committment to get to Marius (The thing I always look forward to) and kind of gave up on it.

Any ideas?

How bout not giving up?

Or you could mod the game so that you can recruit post marius units from the start but i see you dunno how to right?

Most people don't have the time available Gunno_Desk...its called school. I can't just waste an afternoon clicking end turn. It's not fun to me.

you don't want to recruit post marius units from the start. the game would be too easy

I just play slow campaigns - and I just look forward to the next turn.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK
    Most people don't have the time available Gunno_Desk...its called school. I can't just waste an afternoon clicking end turn. It's not fun to me.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm a school student too who just finished his exams wthout any problem whatsoever and I still have plenty of time to play games (course i only do it in the weekend and after exams are over). Plus now, i think you're going to have some times on your hands now since Christmas break is bout to start. Anyways, just dun think i dunno about school, i've been there for 10 years and nerver have any hesitation bout showing my report cads to my parents A piece of advice, manage your time; and i don't mean no offense too okay.

and i do agree that having post marius units from the start is gonna result in th game being too easy but yeah..... :sweatingb

What he wants is the Late republic mod that is coming after SPQR 5.0 ;-)I would give you a saved game, but I dont have one. lol Anyway I am looking into using Icetorque's map possible for 5.0, I like the size and the fact it isnt as far east as MM's its just Bigger! lol That should slow 5 battles in 1 turn. Hard to say, I am also looking into Porting the mod to 1.5 Or I may release 2 versions one for 1.2 and one for 1.5? We will have to wait and see.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Is the "Late Republic" mod going to be for RTW or BI?

And when will SPQR 5.0 be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift52
    I just play slow campaigns - and I just look forward to the next turn.
    So do I, sometime it takes a few hours just to complete one turn, because I first have to decide where to strike and then I have like 5 battles going on simultaneously.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

If you are looking to port over - does that mean there are no major bugs with 1.5?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

So far it seems 1.5 is really good, But there are some issues on what to get working and what will not be in a port. For one thing the burning mod will not work in 1.5 I may be able to get the wall mod to work and Archer has a Skymod done for 1.3 which should work in 1.5

I am also having issue with the Buttons which seem that the Romans, Gauls, And Germans use the Vanilla buttons instead of the custom, I ever tried editing the pack file. and yet the same thing. My only other shot is to use the -mod switch and see if that works.

My SPQR map doesnt seem to be able to be ported to 1.5 for some reason, I had Icetorque look at it and he said no luck, so it looks like I didnt make a mistake, its just something wrong with the map. :-( Good news is I can use another 1.5 map like Icetorque's.

So there are alot of issues. The Animations I plan to use do not work in 1.5 and have to be modified to use the 1.5 pack. But over all I think its possible to have a port for 1.5 but then whats in it and whats removed is unkown.

Also there is Rebalancing needed for the Cavalry charge bonuses which work correctly now. I have no idea how SPQR settings will effect balance there.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    What he wants is the Late republic mod that is coming after SPQR 5.0 ;-)I would give you a saved game, but I dont have one. lol Anyway I am looking into using Icetorque's map possible for 5.0, I like the size and the fact it isnt as far east as MM's its just Bigger! lol That should slow 5 battles in 1 turn. Hard to say, I am also looking into Porting the mod to 1.5 Or I may release 2 versions one for 1.2 and one for 1.5? We will have to wait and see.

Lt
    That's good news, and thanks for the offer of a saved game. Don't go out of your way to make one, I was just suggesting something for the future.

I do budget my time pretty well and actually don't have to study too hard to get good grades. My problem is that my biological clock won't get me past 10:00, and after 9:00 I just chill with the family. I've been on running one campaign for the majority of the time I've had SPQR, and just added another, and that's probably what has been slowing me donw.

I concentrate on one at a time - I am lucky to have the temparement to be able to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift52
    I concentrate on one at a time - I am lucky to have the temparement to be able to do so!
    Lol, I met the victory requirements I set for myself before I left my first campaign (Rome), but I still wanted to see it through. Still, I wanted to go a new direction, so I started a second one.

I know - I am going to conquer the entire map!

I am not that ambitious

But as the Brutii, I would like to gain control of the Orient, which will be tough with the Egyptians babysitting their infinite stacks

I WILL destroy them! Lol.